HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 7:50 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
By the way here are a list of RSL's chants. At least we don't personal attack anybody's faith.
The worst thing we chant is just "If you hate the Rapids" The rest of our chants focus on OUR team itself.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...254BHNamY7UDxs

Just wish other people and fan base can show more respect towards other people's faith by leaving it out.
Holy freaking crap, SLC Projects! What the hell is your problem? No reason to get so worked up over something so insignificant and harmless as sport teams taunts! Instead of Mormons, if Utah (or any other state for that matter) was predominately Jewish, the chants would be about them being a bunch of bagel-eaters, gefilte-fish heads, something like that. (I would hope none of the really offensive stuff comes into play!). Maybe something about being so cheap, maybe something else. Who knows? All I know is that poking fun at religion is fair game, especially in a state that is so known for its core religion such as Utah.

If Utahans don't want to be jokingly harassed about Mormonism, then I suggest Mormonism play a smaller role in the state.

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 7:55 PM
cities|transit|croissants

All right all right. Everyone has said their piece. Let's take SLC Projects' advice and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best thing anyone has said in this whole discussion
Fine! Whatever.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 8:13 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
the chants would be about them being a bunch of bagel-eaters, gefilte-fish heads, something like that.
Don't Mess With the Zohan - best self-deprecating humor ever for your people. Can you even get hummus is Houston? How are you holding up without it?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 9:35 PM
BANNED

Random but this is a great song and a cool video, especially for a break up. I first saw it on Queer as Folk and have liked the song since.

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 9:50 PM

Here is a silly story, a Transgender in Boise posing as a doc and busted for feeling boobies...er giving breast exams...to chicks in a few Boise bars.
The chicks had to be drunk or horned (there are a lot of lesbians in Boise) because why in the hell would they let someone, doctor or not, give them a breast exam in a bar They should be given a fine for being stupid, but maybe they just wanted to be touched.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...ctor-gave.html

Woman who posed as doctor, gave breast exams in Boise bars sentenced to almost a year in jail
By Katy Moeller - Idaho Statesman
Published: 04/25/11

A Boise woman who police say posed as a plastic surgeon and fondled at least two women in local bars last fall was sentenced last week to 360 days in jail. She was credited with 157 days for time served.

Ross, who was sentenced Thursday, was ordered to pay $1,975 in fines/fees, including $700 to repay the state for a psychological exam, two years of unsupervised probation, according to Ada County Deputy Prosecutor Jean Fisher.

the rest of the article is at the link.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 9:51 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Don't Mess With the Zohan - best self-deprecating humor ever for your people. Can you even get hummus is Houston? How are you holding up without it?
My people? MY PEOPLE? Hmph...

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:02 AM
I like this much better

Is this fucked up?

So my roommate, he works as a bouncer, so he gets back late. We've been good friends for a few years. Now, he comes back and, i get it, wants to unwind... however, usually this means blasting the (my) stereo (hella bass), at like 2 or 3am, often on weeknights. Now, friday or saturday night, no biggie, whatever. but last night, it woke me up. I was getting up at 6am to drive me and 3 others up to go shred.

So he flips out on me. Starts insulting me (since i asked him nicely to turn the music off), and this morning, i get a text "good to see you finally went snowboarding once [my 45th day this season...], faggot, hope you got enough sleep". and just kept insulting me all day. starts posting shit on fb and all that. then this afternoon when i get home, gets in my face (he's my height but about 300lbs) and tells me i need to move out. what the fuck. he can't afford the place (i finally can on my own, and told him today that if i was that unreasonable to ask him to quiet the music after it woke me up in the middle of a weeknight, he can move and i can take it over - problem is, it's one of the most prime pads in denver).

so yeah, been at the bar, getting wasted, since i don't quite feel safe at home (i'm not afraid of him, i'm afraid of getting in a fight with him since i'm afraid i'll snap and kill him. me fighting anyone scares me.)

i don't know what to do.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:22 AM
I like this much better

at least the rest of my day wasn't as fucked up (even getting pages and pages of hateful text messages)

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:24 AM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
By the way here are a list of RSL's chants. At least we don't personal attack anybody's faith.
The worst thing we chant is just "If you hate the Rapids" The rest of our chants focus on OUR team itself.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...254BHNamY7UDxs

Just wish other people and fan base can show more respect towards other people's faith by leaving it out.
Why not go after, say Ted Haggard and Evangelicals?

Just saying. Like, if I didn't love Colorado, that's what I'd attack. Your meth addicted handjob from a cross dresser receiving priest! Or whatever the situation was.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
Is this fucked up?

So my roommate, he works as a bouncer, so he gets back late. We've been good friends for a few years. Now, he comes back and, i get it, wants to unwind... however, usually this means blasting the (my) stereo (hella bass), at like 2 or 3am, often on weeknights. Now, friday or saturday night, no biggie, whatever. but last night, it woke me up. I was getting up at 6am to drive me and 3 others up to go shred.

So he flips out on me. Starts insulting me (since i asked him nicely to turn the music off), and this morning, i get a text "good to see you finally went snowboarding once [my 45th day this season...], faggot, hope you got enough sleep". and just kept insulting me all day. starts posting shit on fb and all that. then this afternoon when i get home, gets in my face (he's my height but about 300lbs) and tells me i need to move out. what the fuck. he can't afford the place (i finally can on my own, and told him today that if i was that unreasonable to ask him to quiet the music after it woke me up in the middle of a weeknight, he can move and i can take it over - problem is, it's one of the most prime pads in denver).

so yeah, been at the bar, getting wasted, since i don't quite feel safe at home (i'm not afraid of him, i'm afraid of getting in a fight with him since i'm afraid i'll snap and kill him. me fighting anyone scares me.)

i don't know what to do.
That's fucked. Sounds like he has bigger issues and you're the only one around to take it out on. You hurt the ones you love, I suppose.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:33 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Is this fucked up?

i don't know what to do.
Epically fucked up, though there's more than just being stressed out that escalates a situation like that up to demanding people move out.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:35 AM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Puts on Dr. Phil hat.

Perhaps your friend is REALLY cranking up the music while you are home because he wants to communicate his feelings to you, but is afraid. This would explain how your leaving the situation by going to the slopes would only serve to exacerbate the angst. Maybe him saying that you should move into another place is kind of like him saying that he wants to break up with you because of this lack of communication going on. All bromances require a safe place in which one can talk about their feelings to one another.

In all seriousness though, this guy sounds super lame and dramatic. You don't want to live with that even if it comes with having some of the best diggs in Denver. Roomate up with someone who has a girlfriend so that the drama can be channeled away from your general direction.

This works well for cheering up:

Video Link

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Apr 27, 2011 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:45 AM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
In all seriousness though, this guy sounds super lame and dramatic. You don't want to live with that even if it comes with having some of the best diggs in Denver. Roomate up with someone who has a girlfriend so that the drama can be channeled away from your general direction.
Trust me, me moving in with a dude who has a girlfriend is not a good idea.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:50 AM
I like this much better

what the FUCK is with furries?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:54 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Trust me, me moving in with a dude who has a girlfriend is not a good idea.
Find less dramatic dudes, sure they're boring as hell, but they also come without a ton of headaches (usually). Hell, find someone who lives solely for WoW.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 3:58 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
what the FUCK is with furries?
Source

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:19 AM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:20 AM
I like this much better

No, I mean, I get the advice and all that, but, trust me, and, particularly in as female deficient a town as Denver, I'd get into an altercation with the guy with the girlfriend (at least, assuming she's attractive).

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 4:26 AM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Quote:
No, I mean, I get the advice and all that, but, trust me, and, particularly in as female deficient a town as Denver, I'd get into an altercation with the guy with the girlfriend (at least, assuming she's attractive).
LOL, sorry man, this picture conversation is starting to get too abstract. I was pretending to be feel bad about the attacks on furries.

I totally pick up what you're putting down though. If the ladies can't resist you and you know your limits I suppose that is just a burden you will have to always take into consideration .

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 1:31 PM

Denver is known as a cow town while Salt Lake really isn't. The ironic thing is Utah really is a cow town and Colorado is actually more urban...But that's what sucks about some stereotypes ...they stick around for a long, long time.

www.UtahProjects.info

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West