HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 5:24 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Best burger in Denver? City Grill? (The place on Colfax by the Capitol building) And of course you've got Cherry Cricket!

In L.A., I'll give the best burger (fast food style) to The Habit. That place freaking rocks, and it make In and Out look like a pile of crap by comparison!

For Houston, hmm, I'll admit I love Whataburger for a quick fast-food burger, but that doesn't include the many very awesome "real restaurant" variations I've had out here!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 6:47 PM

Lark Burger, hands down my favorite. Not greasy, but still very very tasty.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 7:03 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Where's that?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 8:11 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Of course burgers are sandwiches.

Also, In N Out sucks. Well, it's not that it sucks exactly. It's better than any burger at McDonalds by a wide margin. It's just that it's no better than Wendy's, and certainly not better than just about any burger that costs more than $5.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 8:52 PM
Arachnid Wrangler

Lark Burger is great but I did have a problem with them seriously under cooking my burger one time. I like a medium rare burger but this was still mooing.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Where's that?
There is one in the DTC, near Cool River Cafe. The parmesan truffle fries are some of the best fries I have ever had, and their burgers are very very good. Just the plain ol' Lark Burger with Cheese will keep you coming back there.

I think there might be one in boulder too.

http://www.larkburger.com/
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 9:01 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Of course burgers are sandwiches.
Well okay, but what about hot dogs? Sideways sandwiches, not all that different from a kebab...

A crepe?

A wrap (yuck)?

A burrito (double yuck)?

Haha.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 9:45 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:

Also, In N Out sucks. Well, it's not that it sucks exactly. It's better than any burger at McDonalds by a wide margin. It's just that it's no better than Wendy's, and certainly not better than just about any burger that costs more than $5.
+1

In N Out DOES suck! Only redeeming quality is the use of grilled, rather than raw onions on the burger as an option. Otherwise they're nothing to write home about.

I think Good Times is just as good or better than they are. There are several chains in California I think are better, and here in Texas, Whataburger is certainly better than In N Out!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 12:21 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Park Burger on South Pearl is pretty good too. And for a pretty good burger and some amazing alcoholic frozen delights I would say hBurger is up there on my list too..

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 12:23 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

No one mentioned My Brothers Bar? For shame.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 2:26 AM
Huffington and Puffington

My Brothers is a darn good burger, especially if your sauced.

I think the Cricket has the best burger in town though. City grill is really good too.

You can also get a darn good sandwich at Marcyzk's if your willing to pay a little more. There is also a really good little Italian deli on 38th and Kalamath.

I also used to love Fat Jack's when I lived near DU.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 5:03 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

You know, I've never notice that Kalamath continues as a regular old city street north/west of I-25/Downtown. Had to google it.

So did Jason Street south of downtown get sacrificed to make way for Santa Fe as it entered the city? Or did Jason St just never exist down there?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 7:11 AM

Smile Encore Burger

Encore Burger!! Really good burger @ the old Lowenstein Theatre.

City Grill burger is also good as Glowrock and others have mentioned. City Grill has a offer @ restaurant.com where you can get a gift certificate valued @ $10 and pay $5. Great way to try out a new restaurant (burger) for only $5.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
+1

In N Out DOES suck!

Aaron (Glowrock)
Quote:
All you guys hating on In-N-Out outside of California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah are just being bitter that there isn't an In-N-Out in your state.

Don't hate... They are fantastically delicious burgers and the over-hyped brand makes them addictive like cocaine.

To Cirrus: Z-Burger in DC. Two spots on Wisconsin Avenue. Check them out if you haven't already.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 8:27 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseven View Post
All you guys hating on In-N-Out outside of California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah are just being bitter that there isn't an In-N-Out in your state.

Don't hate... They are fantastically delicious burgers and the over-hyped brand makes them addictive like cocaine.

To Cirrus: Z-Burger in DC. Two spots on Wisconsin Avenue. Check them out if you haven't already.
I grew up in California, I lived a year in Bakersfield only a mile from an In N Out, xseven. Not being bitter, I just don't care for their burgers that much! Addictive? They're over-hyped just like Apple products! It's all about the brand, it's not even about the freaking burger!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 8:45 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

You did not just compare my iPhone to a fast food burger.

It has its issues, sure, what new technology doesn't...but there is nothing overhyped about the iPhone and the revolutionary change it brought to smart phones!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 9:18 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
You did not just compare my iPhone to a fast food burger.

It has its issues, sure, what new technology doesn't...but there is nothing overhyped about the iPhone and the revolutionary change it brought to smart phones!
Yes, yes I did, Brent. Apple is to computers and music devices and phones as In N Out is to fast food burgers. Are they better than everyone else? Not really. Is their advertising amazing and are their followers so rabid that the become nearly indoctrinated into the corporate collective? Absolutely!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 9:49 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
I grew up in California, I lived a year in Bakersfield only a mile from an In N Out, xseven. Not being bitter, I just don't care for their burgers that much! Addictive? They're over-hyped just like Apple products! It's all about the brand, it's not even about the freaking burger!

Aaron (Glowrock)
The way I view them is, one, it's some middle school era nostalgia for me, two, their burgers, while not the best, sure, are still pretty freaking good, particularly for a chain with pretty fast service, and three, it's just a habit; whenever I'm near one, I grab a double double or two.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 5:02 AM

I seem to have pretty bad issues every time I eat In-N-Out. I think that's where the "Out" come from. Still, the burgers are good for fast food. Give me a restaurant burger any day.

Enough about burgers, because I love Vietnamese sandwiches (banh mi). Toasted French baguette, butter spread (sometimes also pâté spread), cucumbers, fresh jalapeños, pickled carrot threads, cilantro, some damn good Asian deli-style grilled pork, with some soy sauce and Sriracha hot sauce.

Source: http://blogs.menupages.com

Old Posted Jan 9, 2011, 5:10 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

That looks amazing. Any sandwich with fresh jalapeños is a win for me.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West