HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 2:29 PM
BANNED

I don't care if you believe me. I have nothing to gain from this and am just as disappointed as everyone else. With any luck, CIM will go bankrupt and this will die and Hines, Extell or Durst will buy the site.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 3:51 PM

Robert, the four townhouses, currently razed on 57th street. Will they belong to this project's plot too, or is this area for another project?

EDIT: And can someone repost the plotplan please?

Last edited by kickser; Aug 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 4:43 PM

The materials will make or break this tower. I like jaypro's 4th idea for the color of the glass changing as it goes up. This tower will need uniqueness in its glass and material if Robert's message that he is trying to convey of this tower of being very bland is true.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 5:34 PM

im confused is this an official rendering? where was this taken from?

http://cdn.archinect.net/images/615x...ord1rwvc4d.jpg

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 5:52 PM
World Machine

^^^ It’s clearly a massing model, nothing more.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 5:53 PM

Hey STR. Would it be too much to ask if you could give us a comparison of this and 1WTC? A building half it's width but taller then it's roof is insane.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 6:06 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^I'll have something probably tomorrow. I'm currently reworking One57 and Tower Verre.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 6:08 PM

^Thanks. That is much appreciated.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 6:18 PM
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
^^^ It’s clearly a massing model, nothing more.
It probably does suggest the final design though. As long as the facade is creative it will be a good edition to the skyline.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 6:25 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lion View Post
It probably does suggest the final design though. As long as the facade is creative it will be a good edition to the skyline.
It suggests a probable height, not design. According to certain ‘sources’ the design will be similar, however I will reserve my judgments until that final design presents itself.

Frankly I believe the height will be scaled down to something more in the range of its u/c and proposed competitors. The height as shown by that massing model is too much of a contrast to its surroundings to the point where it would look silly. I’m rooting for a tall building, but not to the point where it’s ridiculous in appearance.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 6:29 PM
King

Like others I would like a spire-like building. But who knows, we just have to wait.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 6:39 PM
BANNED

It is not an official render. It gives a very good idea, however, as to how this tower will look, but for one element.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 7:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
That's not the facade. It's the basic shape, but for one element. The missing element is not a spire or a crown. It's not rounded corners. It's not tapering or setbacks. The missing element saves this design from utter boredom.

This will be a decent tower (apart from the height.) If it were built in an absolute crap location (e.g., a former parking lot in the West 30s), people would be reasonably pleased (apart from the height). Nonetheless, it's not remotely a Torre Verre-style landmark that the location warranted.

That being said, this tower will sell very well notwithstanding the fact it is nothing special. There is a huge demand for megaluxury apartments in NY.

Once again, was it reasonable to expect a landmark when this guy is involved?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/trd_three/im...25_west_55.jpg
Oh, now I know who you are from the other forum with that remark and showing of the faces. Correct? Must be.

Last edited by aquablue; Aug 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickser View Post
Robert, the four townhouses, currently razed on 57th street. Will they belong to this project's plot too, or is this area for another project?

EDIT: And can someone repost the plotplan please?
Can someone please answer my questions?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Are you ten years old?

Vinoly and his staff are among the world's best architects. They don't need your suggestions.

Clients dictate the parameters for a tower and the architect works within those (often limited) parameters.

As I previously stated, while this while not be remotely iconic in design, it will sell very well at $4-$5k/sf and probably much higher for upper floor apartments.
I'm 41, with two collegiate degrees (BA & MA in Languages and Linguistics) to my name; so I'll thank you very much to pay just a bit more notice to the tongue-in-cheek intent behind the smilie I used, plus the use of the subjunctive mood in "If I were Mr. Viñoly".

Why, then, should I have to say, "but I'm not?" But, apparently, I have to.
And why should I have to further qualify that by saying that I therefore don't have expertise in his line of work?? Again, I apparently have to.

It was all a harmless contribution; but for whatever reason.......................

Seriously, though, I would like to think--without bragging--that my posts here have tried to follow the spirit and intent of respectful, constructive dialogue that the moderators here have every right to expect.
But right now, I'm wondering "Why the hell continue?". If even a trivial attempt to break the ice is repaid with a needlessly surly word for whatever reason...well... I just don't know.
I have nothing further to say on the matter.

Last edited by JayPro; Aug 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 8:47 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Are you ten years old?

Vinoly and his staff are among the world's best architects. They don't need your suggestions.

Clients dictate the parameters for a tower and the architect works within those (often limited) parameters.

As I previously stated, while this while not be remotely iconic in design, it will sell very well at $4-$5k/sf and probably much higher for upper floor apartments.
Hey Rob, JayPro can offer his suggestions on the design if he damn well pleases.

That's what this forum is here for.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 1:52 AM

I'm a little confused here. The massing model represents a square, where the actual building plot as shown a number of pages earlier is, if I recall correctly, L-shaped, or at least rectangular.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 2:27 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

That is because it doesn't have to occupy the full lot-which makes the demolition of the townhouses more maddening.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 3:03 AM

Also there is a apple-esque glass cube at the base of the tower so that will take up some of the room.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
That is because it doesn't have to occupy the full lot-which makes the demolition of the townhouses more maddening.
Operative verb: Doesn't have to. Hopefully with the addition of this allegedly apple-like (????) glass cube ::clears head::, we'll see a base appropriate to the surroundings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive