HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
I just came across a web site by a photographer called Leif Norman that has pictures form a tour of the pump house on Sept 14/2016.

http://www.leifnorman.net/james-aven...-sept-14-2016/

Looking at his pictures it must have been something to see when the pumps were all running for a fire
My wife and I are in one of those photos looking at our phones.

Apparently, the pumps were never actually used for a fire.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 6:03 AM

There's a bunch of big roof trusses sitting outside the Pumphouse. Not sure how long they've been there but saw them today.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 6:27 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
There's a bunch of big roof trusses sitting outside the Pumphouse. Not sure how long they've been there but saw them today.
Can't have been long there wasn't anything there over the weekend on my way to performance at the concert hall so I passed by four or five times.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 6:28 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Can't have been long there wasn't anything there over the weekend on my way to performance at the concert hall so I passed by four or five times.
they were sitting there on friday eve
there was people working inside all weekend as well

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 4:51 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 6:08 AM

looks amazing! thanks for the pics!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 4:15 PM
BANNED

So exciting to see the poor gal come to life.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 8:02 PM

based on this picture from Portmanteau I believe and 1ajs above - am curious what the actual pump house part of the building is going to be? I kind of like the look of the models where there are a few mid rise buildings surrounding it and it will act as kind of a central area but not sure if it will contain any businesses / units etc?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 8:35 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post

based on this picture from Portmanteau I believe and 1ajs above - am curious what the actual pump house part of the building is going to be? I kind of like the look of the models where there are a few mid rise buildings surrounding it and it will act as kind of a central area but not sure if it will contain any businesses / units etc?
The area pictured with fresh concreat will be a retail area of some.sort and a 2nd floor was installed for an office tenor and is already leased bealve it and the front building are both fully leased..

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 4:57 PM

Yeah they said they're dropping in a glass box essentially for the second floor, and the roof will be mostly glass so people in the surrounding buildings can see right into the pumps.

I just really hope there's good access for the public to stroll in/up and take a look inside. Some historical plaques and info too.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
The area pictured with fresh concreat will be a retail area of some.sort and a 2nd floor was installed for an office tenor and is already leased bealve it and the front building are both fully leased..
Thanks. That sounds like what I remember hearing earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Yeah they said they're dropping in a glass box essentially for the second floor, and the roof will be mostly glass so people in the surrounding buildings can see right into the pumps.
Weird - so the places on the model with no roof will be glass ? Or will there be more?

I like it though. Great concept to mix past and present.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 6:24 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Glass skylights

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 7:41 PM

Already been covered but this is the only conceptual render I've seen as of this point showing the pumps, glass floor and skylight,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
James Avenue Pumping Station plans include office, retail..

Source:

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 7:57 PM

I'm obviously excited about the pumphouse portion, but it's the two new buildings that are going to make a huge impact. It should force the city's hand to either get the parkade deal done, or sell the land to someone who will develop that lot. Hopefully there's more streetfront retail on James in the new buildings to go up moving forward.

Anyone know if there was a reason Sky couldn't build right to the street corner, or did the city just screw up by letting them put their parking lot out front?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 8:30 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

There's a hydro line running under the parking lot

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 2:59 PM
BANNED

Article in today's FP about the project.

Quote:
An anchor tenant has been found for the office atrium portion of the $20-million James Avenue Pumping Station redevelopment on Waterfront Drive.

Think Shift, a local advertising agency, has signed a tentative agreement to lease most of the roughly 12,000-square-foot atrium, which will sit on steel girders suspended three metres above ground level inside the original building. The firm is waiting for the final leasing documents to be signed.

Work on the one-storey atrium is well underway, and co-developer Bryce Alston said it should be completed in November.

“It’s actually been going quite well. We’re on schedule... so that’s good,” he said.
Quote:
The second phase involves the construction of a narrow, six-storey building on the east side of the original structure, and the third phase will see the construction another six-storey building on the west side of it.

The east-side building will have about 1,500 sq. ft. of commercial space on the ground floor, another 3,000 sq. ft. of office or retail space in the front portion of the basement and five floors of rental apartments.

The west-side building will have an underground parkade, about 3,000 sq. ft. of main-floor office or retail space and five floors of rental apartments.

Alston said work on the east-side building is scheduled to get underway in July, and will take about 14 months to complete. Work on the west-side building won’t begin until next March and will take about 16 months to finish.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 3:11 PM

^ It's been a while in the making, but that part of the east Exchange is changing fast now. I really hope that parkade gets built at Lily and James to keep the momentum going.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 3:12 PM
BANNED

Especially north of this area.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 6:01 PM

Based on their stay at Broadview Manor they are going to need a bunch of indoor parking for the 50+ employees at ThinkShift.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 6:18 PM

^ Speaking of, what's in the Broadview Manor office space now? Is there anything in the former Broadview Fitness space?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan