HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 14, 2009, 11:55 PM
Capitalist

A very nice looking building.

I always thought that intersection deserved some nicer buildings.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2009, 1:19 AM
Closed account

it looks like the condo will be 62 meters in height

Last edited by timewilltell; Sep 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 12:05 AM

62 m seems a little low for a 19 storey building. City hall is 63 m and is 16 storeys. SGI building is 79 m and is 20 storeys. It really is a good looking project. It's going to bring a lot more life to that intersection.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 9:51 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
62 m seems a little low for a 19 storey building. City hall is 63 m and is 16 storeys. SGI building is 79 m and is 20 storeys. It really is a good looking project. It's going to bring a lot more life to that intersection.
office towers are always a couple of feet higher than condos or apt towers

Last edited by timewilltell; Sep 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 3:37 AM

Looks good guys. That will be a fine addition to the downtown. I like the hotel portion more than the tower portion - although, that is judging strictly from the render. Get it done!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2009, 7:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
Residential 8 ft ceilings vs commercial 10 ft ceilings.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 6:49 AM

here are some more documents with info on the plaza, including floor plans and building heights.
I can't make out the numbers clearly, but i think the tower tops out at 208 feet.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 3:54 PM

That's a good looking development, hopefully there isn't as many hoops to jump through as there is with River Landing in S'toon.

I hope it goes through.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
I guess some folks aren't not too supportive of new stuff.

http://prairiedogmag.blogspot.com/20...f-i-tried.html
Unlike Migs or Darthrider some people probably are losing a place with a lot of history and value to them. So I'm not surprised someone's upset when their hangout is being knocked over.

That said, I have no relationship to the plains, and feel this is a good prospect for downtown. I'm a little suspect of claims that this will change Regina forever or this is the be all-end all project. It will be a good project for downtown. I think the height of the tower is fine, it certainly doesn't need to be any taller. I would like to see the tower perhaps placed on a pedistal of the 4-5 story base and situated to the centre or NE so there is some seperation between towers on the that east side. Overall I like the concept, the style of the building is quite modern (new) and so that's pleasing and I hope it appears soon.

One little concern in the rendering, the perspective makes that intersection look much larger than it is. I'm not sure in reality how a large tower will look from the intersection, especially with the buildings around it. I'm not saying it will be bad, I just can't see it clearly in my imagination. Also the view is from somewhere in the vitarra building and they seem to have replaced that building with a tree and grass. It will be nice to see more finished renderings in the future.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 4:33 AM
Edan

is there only one rendering of this project thus far? maybe it would make a difference and would give better perspecftive if there was a rendering from the other side, or looking from cuets building. ?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2009, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngregina View Post
is there only one rendering of this project thus far? maybe it would make a difference and would give better perspecftive if there was a rendering from the other side, or looking from cuets building. ?
Maybe from space, that would be an interesting rendering.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 6:20 PM

Interesting how the rendering also makes Albert and Vic look like a spacious intersection with open, green lawns on the west side... no pesky Viterra building or the one on the NW (forget what it is, used to be a Co-Op).

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngregina View Post

Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 8:33 PM
Closed account

according to a site

Last edited by timewilltell; Mar 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2009, 5:09 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

It'll block the sun.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2009, 5:30 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
It'll block the sun.
LOL .... what will the poor saps at the gas station across the street do?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2009, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newflyer View Post
LOL .... what will the poor saps at the gas station across the street do?
Nothing...they're on the south side. Their sun will be fine.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2009, 7:27 PM

Anybody have an idea what the condos will cost? Any guesses? More or less than $400/sq.' ?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Just a couple I think. Its such an eyesore that its pretty rare I find it worth photographing.

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com...-50-years.html

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com...corner-of.html

I like your pictures.

very nice

interesting how the TD Bank Building looks to be part of the Canada Life Building

Old Posted Nov 19, 2009, 11:15 PM
BANNED

We went to this. It was not a real focus group of any kind, although it was unclear if the people running it know what real focus groups are. It resembled more a real estate early sales cycle meeting.

The concept of a 25 story condo apartment tower sharing costs and facilities with a hotel seems quite smart. It allows the advertised maintenance fee to be lower, with residents paying extra for amenties they use and avoiding paying for those they don't.

There are so many overlapping facility possibilities that I found the whole idea pretty exciting. Why buy that extra bedroom for your once a year guests if you have connected access to hotel room for those inlaws? Why pay a 24 hour doorman for your condo when the hotel already has desk clerks?

And what about having built-in access to laundry and maid services? That helps the hotel rationalize their staff and the tenants would get discount access to reliable services.

I can see potential for issues such as when visitors swarm the place during Grey Cup and Agribition, mucking up the gym and the halls. But it would be a small inconvenience compared to having cost shared facilities the rest of the time.

They appear to be giving strong consideration to geothermal and some consideration to different LEEDS levels.

The survey was really a pretense rather than genuine interest in getting input. Someone did ask about the Gardens on Rose project and the developers had never heard of it. The boss/leader then piped in and said "We actually don't want to be tainted by any uninformed local opinions on past failures."

I looked over quick to see if he was joking because of the strong language, but he was actually serious. I chuckled to myself since he was pretty much outwardly admitting they actually had no interest in local feedback.

The first survey question was what style of building is preferred, but they later revealed the style had already been determined. It was like that with several things.

Another example is they asked questions about things that are easily chosen on the final week before possession... things like what kitchen faucet you prefer.

The survey looked a bit generic, possibly used for other projects perhaps and then customized for this one.

It was a bit strange they had floor plans with prices but emphasized to just ignore the prices. Thinking about it afterward, if they didn't want the prices to be considered it would have been simple to erase them.

A one bedroom 500 sq foot unit was $200,000 ranging up to 1200 sq foot (?) for $600,000. This is just going off memory though.

They were offering $2000 discount certificate for anyone attending. I figured if we ever cross the bridge of buying a unit we'll just negotiate the right price at that time. If it all sells out at full asking price then kudos to the developers I guess.

This is a much bigger project and idea than I've seen around here. They gave the impression this was pretty much business as usual for them in Toronto and elsewhere though.

So once I got past the realization that the focus group was just pretense, it's still an interesting and ambitious project. There was an abundance of confidence in this going ahead which was a bit contagious.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 1:01 AM
Regina SK

This is all very exciting. Crazy that it will be even taller than originally planned. That will look huge on that corner!
Could you tell me what style they have chosen?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan