HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 3:02 PM

Winnipeg |390 on the river (d Condo) | ~81M | 24F | U/C

d Condo. A proposed 24 storey condominium project located at 390 Assiniboine Ave. on the banks of the Assiniboine River in Winnipeg, Manitoba by a Winnipeg based real estate group, Sandhu Developments.
  • Location 390 Assiniboine Ave
  • Projected Start Date: January 2014
  • (Updated) Projected Finish Date: Summer/Fall 2016
  • 91 Units
  • 4-5 Levels above grade Indoor Parking

Updated:March.2015 - Source:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...ce=d-more-news

Source

Last edited by Cyro; Mar 29, 2015 at 1:53 AM.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 3:56 PM

Here are some more renderings....

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoots82 View Post
D condo will be starting in January
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
Good news, Not to question your post but is it from a reputable source?
I have friends who purchased there, Piles will be going in by years end. Then they take another break till spring and that's when full scale construction starts. I don't understand the need for another the break, but no one in this city seems to be in a rush to complete projects. (or get started!) Move in is mid 2015 now. When my friends first put their deposits down, they were told possession was spring 2014. A year late now.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 4:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieDavid Exchange View Post
I have friends who purchased there, Piles will be going in by years end. Then they take another break till spring and that's when full scale construction starts. I don't understand the need for another the break, but no one in this city seems to be in a rush to complete projects. (or get started!) Move in is mid 2015 now. When my friends first put their deposits down, they were told possession was spring 2014. A year late now.
I don't believe that to be true. I inquired about this project early this year, and the start date was going to be late 2013 or early 2014, with completion sometime in 2015.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbod View Post
I don't believe that to be true. I inquired about this project early this year, and the start date was going to be late 2013 or early 2014, with completion sometime in 2015.
Believe what you want. I read all the paper work of transactions between the lawyers , real estate agent, and my friends. They now have the option of backing out because they are not going to be able to move in by the original proposed time. Construction was to be already started this spring, and because they are on the floor just above the parkade (the 6th floor), their suite was to be ready by the 6th month of 2014 at latest. (I will be seeing them again this weekend. I will double check my accuracy)

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 4:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Believe what you want. I read all the paper work of transactions between the lawyers , real estate agent, and my friends. They now have the option of backing out because they are not going to be able to move in by the original proposed time. Construction was to be already started this spring, and because they are on the floor just above the parkade (the 6th floor), their suite was to be ready by the 6th month of 2014 at latest. (I will be seeing them again this weekend. I will double check my accuracy)
Don't be so defensive. You might have just got your dates mixed up or something. No big deal.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Here are some more renderings....

I "really like" this render of the building fronting Assiniboine Ave from the North. It is so unique compared to what is currently constructed along the Assiniboine River, both sides, all the way up through Wellington Crescent and across from it. (Lived on Roslyn Rd.to the west of this proposal for some time).

The lot it's going up on (Dubrovniks, will miss it) was very small (image below). The design elongates the whole stucture and adds an open terrace fronting the river with access to the River Walk,which Is a major reason I lived on the River in my last place for so long, The views are going to be fantastic, large windows and some of the layouts available are very appealing. Can't wait for this one.

Today...Empty tiny lot Lot but...an apparently 50% Pre-Sold Lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingDuck View Post
Went downtown today and took some pictures of the big projects

Still no action at the Dcondos site

Old Posted Oct 7, 2013, 4:16 PM

d Condo......

Foundation work is also expected to get underway early next year on another high-profile downtown condominium project -- the D Condo development on Assiniboine Avenue.

Winnipeg-based Sandu Developments Inc. is building the 24-storey, 91-unit tower on the former Restaurant Dubrovnik property at 390 Assiniboine. Owner Karampaul Sandu said in an interview the company will be applying for a foundation permit within the next few weeks. Once that's been issued, workers can begin installing the piles and caissons for the foundation.

He said it should take about three months to complete the foundation work. By then, the company hopes to have the building permit for the project. That will enable crews to begin erecting the building, with the goal of having it ready for occupancy by the summer or fall of 2015.

He said about 50 units (roughly 55 per cent of the total) have been sold so far. All 91 units are either two or three bedrooms, and most range in price from $299,900 plus GST to $340,000 plus GST. However, there are also some higher-priced units, including a 2,000-square-foot, three-bedroom penthouse suite priced at $1.5 million.
Sandu said buyers include everybody from young professionals to retirees.
"It's been a real mix."
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...226705941.html

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 8:43 PM

^ 6 weeks since Sandu said it was applying for a permit to begin foundation work...Any news?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 11:08 PM

their sales office on broadway seem to have been cleared out.. promising or saying something else?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 11:37 PM

I thought they were 50% to 60% sold. They also said to me 100% they are going ahead. Hopefully nothing changed...

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 12:44 AM

Ads in the WFP now say 60% sold

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingDuck View Post
Ads in the WFP now say 60% sold
60% sounds like a go...Really want this to get started,the W project on hold kinda bummed me out and fortress re tooling thier initial proposal..oh well..tis the biz..patience required..

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 PM
BANNED

I'm pretty sure that Jan 2014 has been the start date for d Condo for awhile.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
I'm pretty sure that Jan 2014 has been the start date for d Condo for awhile.
I'm hoping to HH, I listed it in the OP as such..

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 9:09 PM

There is now a trailer on the right side of the property along with some kind of tripody device... lights maybe? I'll see if I can get a closer look today.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 3:37 PM

Developer Karampaul Sandhu has just applied for the permits to begin construction of d Condo.

Positive news, very close to the initial projected start date of Jan.2014

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 10:01 PM

Timeline and questions

I bought a unit in the D Condo last winter and haven't really heard much about it since then, with the exception of one email from the listing agent after I emailed to inquire about the status (see below).

The accepted offer to purchase is for a spring 2015 possession date, but in the email below, they said summer 2015 possession. As recent as last week, I heard that they're now forecasting that it will be completed in 2016.

The Crystal Developers' Heritage Landing, also on Assiniboine Avenue, began construction months ago and is well on it's way. When that construction started it advertised completion for 2016 and I thought, "How is it possible that the D Condo will be finished before this one, when they haven't even started?" Now i'm thinking Heritage Landing will almost certainly be finished first.

A friend of a friend in the industry told me last week that he heard D Condo hadn't make the pre-sale numbers they needed to get financing. However, they're advertising they've sold 60% of the suites. How is that possible? Does anyone know how much needs to sell before you can start building?

Also, does anyone know anything about getting out of the deal, if you've purchased but don't want to wait until 2016 or beyond?

Aug. 28, 2013

"Even D Condo, a virtually sold-out tower planned for the former Restaurant Dubrovnik site on Assiniboine Avenue, remains in the planning stages. A building permit has yet to be issued for the proposed 24-storey tower, the City of Winnipeg confirmed."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...221439001.html

Nov. 9, 2013

"This project is in the process of everything necessary for construction. At this time the bedrock testing is in for analysis, final architect drawings are in the works which takes time, Wind tunnel testing is happening, etc. We should have the final permits by Decmeber/ January then the foundation work can commence. As soon as the warm weather hits in the spring the building will be begin to be poured. We are on target for summer 2015 possession."

- Email from listing agent

Jan. 11, 2014

"Developer Karampaul Sandhu has just applied for the permits to begin construction."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...239723581.html

Old Posted Jan 14, 2014, 2:22 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegger87 View Post

The Crystal Developers' Heritage Landing, also on Assiniboine Avenue, began construction months ago and is well on it's way. When that construction started it advertised completion for 2016 and I thought, "How is it possible that the D Condo will be finished before this one, when they haven't even started?" Now i'm thinking Heritage Landing will almost certainly be finished first.
Some info regarding the size of both projects and the possibility of D Condo being finished before Heritage Landing even when starting after it - D Condo is only about 125,000 sq ft. Heritage landing is huge at approximately 415,000 sq ft. The tower portion of Heritage landing will start to rise in March. The majority of the construction will be precast, so it should rise fairly quick.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jan 14, 2014, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegger87 View Post
Also, does anyone know anything about getting out of the deal, if you've purchased but don't want to wait until 2016 or beyond?
What did your contract say? They typically put in language that they are not on the hook for delays of posession dates. Something you shoudl really clarify before signing anything.

In my expereince realtors always are overly optimistic about completion times to get sales. I was told Sky2 was going to be complete in the spring of 2012 from the realtor at one point. I think first occupants were actually in the fall of 2013?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan