HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover View Post
I see they have done quite a bit of work on that Bar/ lounge/ club on the 2100 hundred Blk. Albert St.( on the east side of the street ). This was announced a few months back, and then we hadn't heard of any updates since. They have put a whole new face on the exterior of the building, don't know about the interior. I think it's doing to look alright!
I forgot about that place. The owner stopped by the brewery a few months ago to talk about it.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberrant View Post
I forgot about that place. The owner stopped by the brewery a few months ago to talk about it.
Does it have a name?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 7:54 PM
ARTchitecture

What is the best pizza place(s) in Regina? I have always heard Regina has some of the best pizza.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
What is the best pizza place(s) in Regina? I have always heard Regina has some of the best pizza.
Regina has lots of what I like to call "deli-pizza" which is thick pizza with deli-style cold cuts. If you're looking for that I suggest Western Pizza, Houston Pizza, Sparky's, or Tumblers.

The Copper Kettle downtown is a bit unique and is my favorite pizza place in the city. The Cathedral Freehouse also has some good pizza.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 9:21 PM
ARTchitecture

I'm not gonna lie, but cold-cut pizza sounds disgusting, but also intriguing. Never even heard of it. Is it cold when you eat it?

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie, but cold-cut pizza sounds disgusting, but also intriguing. Never even heard of it. Is it cold when you eat it?
I think your getting a wrong picture of what it would be like. It's not like they take bologna and throw it on a pizza. They are just quite heavy handed with the toppings. If you go to any of their websites you can see pictures of what the pizza will look like. They are all served hot, just a little more hearty than what you'd get from say Pizza Hut. They are all quite delicious.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
'Cold cut pizza' is what you get just about anywhere in North America. Think slices of pepperoni, salami, ham, etc. No different than what you would get in Calgary. It's the first time I have heard anyone refer to pizza toppings as such. I guess this is the old-fashion type toppings when compared to newer style gourmet toppings!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
'Cold cut pizza' is what you get just about anywhere in North America. Think slices of pepperoni, salami, ham, etc. No different than what you would get in Calgary. It's the first time I have heard anyone refer to pizza toppings as such. I guess this is the old-fashion type toppings when compared to newer style gourmet toppings!
Tumblers:

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 12:59 AM

The Malt City space is ideal for a resto-pub, but they have a ton of renos to do. Work is well underway on the Capitol in the former Loggies space. That is also a beautiful historic building but the space is much smaller and less conspicuous.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 8:10 PM

There is a new and wonderful place on the east side of town, it is called: I Love Sushi, located just north of the Husky House.

There is another new Chinese restaurant near there as well, on the North Service Road: the old Bonanza. Pretty good stuff too!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 8:15 PM
arf

Urban Sushi in Emerald Park is quite good with lots of options for non-sushi people as well.

Ate at Siam on Friday. It was fantastic. Such a nice restaurant. Make reservations, a few couples and groups were turned away.

There's a much better vibe downtown these days with a couple of extra taverns open on Scarth and Hamilton. Just seemed a bit livelier after 6:00pm, although Atlantis was a ghost town around 8:00pm. I would have expected more traffic. We need a theatre downtown!

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
There is a new and wonderful place on the east side of town, it is called: I Love Sushi, located just north of the Husky House.

There is another new Chinese restaurant near there as well, on the North Service Road: the old Bonanza. Pretty good stuff too!
The Chinese restaurant on Eastgate Drive (the old Buddy's / Alfredo's) is called China Liang's. I have eaten there several times since it opened and I just love their buffet. Best Chinese buffet in town, IMO. Lots of choices, fresh, tasty and they are continually refilling the trays, unlike some other Chinese buffets in town. I highly recommend it, but shhh! Don't tell everyone as it is getting pretty busy at times.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
For the best Indian food in the city, and meets the hole in the wall criteria, try Caraway Grill. Best to make reservations or else you won't get in!
You sound like Stefon, from SNL.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 6:38 PM

Construction has finally begun in earnest on the Famosa space in Tower 2. This will make a very nice restaurant space.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 7:43 PM

Although not a new pub, the all(?) seasons patio canopy for O'Hanlon's/Copper Kettle is.
Does anyone know why the delay in finishing it?
Hasn't it been a year already since they started?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Although not a new pub, the all(?) seasons patio canopy for O'Hanlon's/Copper Kettle is.
Just was talking with paul one of the owners and he said they were delayed coming from Italy. He said he's expecting them by the end of October. He was kinda disappointed they never arrived sooner.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Almost done finally. they need the roof and some more heaters. There is already radiant heat in the sidewalk and benches.

http://maryloudriedger2.files.wordpr...8/img_0807.jpg

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
The Chinese restaurant on Eastgate Drive (the old Buddy's / Alfredo's) is called China Liang's. I have eaten there several times since it opened and I just love their buffet. Best Chinese buffet in town, IMO. Lots of choices, fresh, tasty and they are continually refilling the trays, unlike some other Chinese buffets in town. I highly recommend it, but shhh! Don't tell everyone as it is getting pretty busy at times.
China Liang's is pretty good for Chinese buffet. My wife also likes Dynasty in Wingate Hotel, Downtown. Hopefully, as Regina's population grows, a (any) Chinese Buffet restaurant will evolve or locate here to be something like Dragon Pearl Buffet (trendy, super buffet), which includes a manned (with chef or food preparer) station each for dim sum, sushi, BBQ and specialty items (Think BBQ pork, Peking duck!), creating your own stir fry, etc.

Some other Asian food places we've enjoyed around town include Miso Ya, Sake, I Like Sushi, I Love Sushi, Da India Curry House, Flavours of India, Spices of Punjab for all-you-can-eat; Teppanyaki, sort of fine dining and food prep entertainment; Wasabi, Korea House, Viet Thai, Thai Gardens, Mai Phuong, Ngoc Van, Nhu Y Tea Tree.

Some of the Chinese restaurants we frequent for family outings are Regency Palace, Peking House, Lee's Chop Suey East, Four Seas, J&A. J&A makes great dim sum, which we'll often order for pick up, pretty well any time during opening hours!

For more takeout, Milu's Fresh Rolls and Subs, makes a pretty good "Charbroiled BBQ Pork" rice plate, or "Meatballs" rice plate! For Chinese pastries, China Pastry usually has a good selection of sweet, savoury and dessert buns (eg. coconut, cream, hot dog, onion & chives, egg or egg & ham, BBQ pork, or red bean fillings, baked in or on a browned, sweet, doughy bun), cakes, egg tarts, etc.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2014, 5:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
China Liang's is pretty good for Chinese buffet. My wife also likes Dynasty in Wingate Hotel, Downtown. Hopefully, as Regina's population grows, a (any) Chinese Buffet restaurant will evolve or locate here to be something like Dragon Pearl Buffet (trendy, super buffet), which includes a manned (with chef or food preparer) station each for dim sum, sushi, BBQ and specialty items (Think BBQ pork, Peking duck!), creating your own stir fry, etc.

Some other Asian food places we've enjoyed around town include Miso Ya, Sake, I Like Sushi, I Love Sushi, Da India Curry House, Flavours of India, Spices of Punjab for all-you-can-eat; Teppanyaki, sort of fine dining and food prep entertainment; Wasabi, Korea House, Viet Thai, Thai Gardens, Mai Phuong, Ngoc Van, Nhu Y Tea Tree.

Some of the Chinese restaurants we frequent for family outings are Regency Palace, Peking House, Lee's Chop Suey East, Four Seas, J&A. J&A makes great dim sum, which we'll often order for pick up, pretty well any time during opening hours!

For more takeout, Milu's Fresh Rolls and Subs, makes a pretty good "Charbroiled BBQ Pork" rice plate, or "Meatballs" rice plate! For Chinese pastries, China Pastry usually has a good selection of sweet, savoury and dessert buns (eg. coconut, cream, hot dog, onion & chives, egg or egg & ham, BBQ pork, or red bean fillings, baked in or on a browned, sweet, doughy bun), cakes, egg tarts, etc.
. . . . . and Mei Wei --- AMAZING!!! (On the South Service road beside Dollar Store.)

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
For the best Indian food in the city, and meets the hole in the wall criteria, try Caraway Grill. Best to make reservations or else you won't get in!
Not sure if you're joking about needing a reservation or not...

I walk by the place all the time and it always smells soooo amazing.. We went once, and the food was definitely good, but pricey.

But we went at 5:30 during the week, and were the only people in there the whole time we ate.. When we walked in, the owner was sitting at a table with his feet on the table and seemed surprised at someone coming in.. At supper time.. Haha.

But man, the smell that comes out of that place is absolute heaven.

Our go to Indian place is Spices of punjab.. So good and so cheap for a buffet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan