HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Not sure if you're joking about needing a reservation or not...

I walk by the place all the time and it always smells soooo amazing.. We went once, and the food was definitely good, but pricey.

But we went at 5:30 during the week, and were the only people in there the whole time we ate.. When we walked in, the owner was sitting at a table with his feet on the table and seemed surprised at someone coming in.. At supper time.. Haha.

But man, the smell that comes out of that place is absolute heaven.

Our go to Indian place is Spices of punjab.. So good and so cheap for a buffet.
I think I've tried all the East Indian places in town at this point and they're all great in their own rights. Caraway Grill has fantastic, authentic food with powerful spices and flavours. It has my mouth watering just thinking about it. I always go to Flavours of India when having company over or just needing a good meal because it's more mainstream and easier on the stomach while still being super tasty. Spices of Punjab was really good although with CG and FoI around I don't know why I'd choose this place over those two. Da India Curry House was a distant fourth, I wasn't a fan of the food that I ordered, maybe I need to try something else that they make but I don't think I'll go back.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
I think I've tried all the East Indian places in town at this point and they're all great in their own rights. Caraway Grill has fantastic, authentic food with powerful spices and flavours. It has my mouth watering just thinking about it. I always go to Flavours of India when having company over or just needing a good meal because it's more mainstream and easier on the stomach while still being super tasty. Spices of Punjab was really good although with CG and FoI around I don't know why I'd choose this place over those two. Da India Curry House was a distant fourth, I wasn't a fan of the food that I ordered, maybe I need to try something else that they make but I don't think I'll go back.
Do those other places have buffet options?

We love SoP because of the buffet, as we usually aren't too comfortable guessing what we might like off the menu. The buffet is also only like $14 which I think is one of the best deals in the city!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Do those other places have buffet options?

We love SoP because of the buffet, as we usually aren't too comfortable guessing what we might like off the menu. The buffet is also only like $14 which I think is one of the best deals in the city!
FoI has a daily lunch buffet which I think is also $14. I think CG is too small to do a buffet.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 7:22 PM
arf

^Caraway Grill has a lunch special which is $12 I believe. It was enough food for two days and included a meat dish, a vegetable dish, rice, a huge amount of naan, and vegetable pakora (really, really good.)

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Caraway Grill has a lunch special which is $12 I believe. It was enough food for two days and included a meat dish, a vegetable dish, rice, a huge amount of naan, and vegetable pakora (really, really good.)
Nice! I'm going to have to try that.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2014, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
With all the activity in and around downtown, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for more detailed updates, photos, menus etc. from all the new establishments proposed for downtown. Here is an initial list.

1. No action in the rumoured Famosa location in Tower 2;
  2. 20Ten City Eatery on 12th looks ready to open and has a stunning, urban décor; http://instagram.com/20teneatery https://twitter.com/20TenEatery,
  3. Fat Badger Pub on the FW Hill Mall appears to be moving slowly. Décor is traditional pub with lots of booths. This has an affiliation with O'Hanlon's, but is intended to be more upscale;
  4. The former Deborah Dees on 11th and Cornwall confirmed it will be a restaurant by the owners of Flip. Little work appears to have been done inside. It is a beautiful space though.
  5. Victoria's Tavern on Hamilton is now open. https://twitter.com/VictoriasTavern
  6. The Loggies building on Hamilton has apparently been sold. It is apparently to house a martini bar/tapas place called The Capitol.
  7. The Keg on Dewdney and Albert is U/C.
  8. The Chopped Leaf on the FW Hill Mall is moving extremely slowly.
  9. The Taste of Mediterranean franchise on 11th is also moving very slowly.
  10. The Lobby Public House on Broad is open.
What am I missing?
If you are gonna classify the new Keg at Albert and Dewdney as "downtown," (which I agree with) then I think Rebellion Brewing Co at Broad and Dewdney also deserves a mention. But then I am a little biased.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 2:24 PM

Finally got a chance to try a couple new pubs on Saturday night as my wife and I held our very own "pub crawl" ... good times!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 4:20 PM

According to @DoctorCoffee, Doctor Coffee's Cafe is coming to 2425 11th Ave (Yaeger Block) in March 2015. She currently runs Wheelie Good Coffee at the Farmer's Market - apparently ran a similar coffee shop in the UK.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2014, 4:59 PM

Looks as though CHOP Steakhouse is coming to the Southland Mall area in the near future.

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/S...931/story.html

Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 2:19 AM

I just read on Regina Downtown Facebook page that Beaks Chicken is looking to open a permanent location downtown. Anyone know any details? Location? It looks like they've found a location but are trying to raise some cash for renos?

Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 9:37 PM

The Capitol's website is up:

Quote:
Welcome to The Capitol Jazz Club and Tapas Bar. The 1920’s speakeasies and gin joints come alive in this brand new restaurant and bar located in the historic Singer building located in the heart of the revitalized Regina Downtown scene at 1843 Hamilton Street.

We’ll feature high end hand crafted cocktails, a gourmet upscale tapas style menu from acclaimed chef Joel Williams, regular live music on our beautiful stage, all in a throwback swinging atmosphere built on the spirit of jazz!

Watch this space often as construction continues. We’ll bring you behind the scenes photos, a progress blog, menu debut, and more!...
http://www.thecapitol.club/

The Lancaster is previewing some of the Capitol menu:

http://www.thelancaster.ca/menu.html

Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
The Capitol's website is up:

http://www.thecapitol.club/

The Lancaster is previewing some of the Capitol menu:

http://www.thelancaster.ca/menu.html
Is this loggies shoes?

edit: just went back and read page 2. Also, any word on Malt City in the old Debra Dee's location?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
I just read on Regina Downtown Facebook page that Beaks Chicken is looking to open a permanent location downtown. Anyone know any details? Location? It looks like they've found a location but are trying to raise some cash for renos?
Crowdfunding for rent deposit? The do not sound like they too well capitalized.

http://beakschicken.com/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 7:26 PM

Quote:
This is an original door from the old Capitol Theatre. This beauty will be featured at the New Capitol!! so cool!!
Special thanks to the Civic Museum of Regina.
https://www.facebook.com/TheCapitolJazz

Last edited by Stormer; Mar 3, 2015 at 4:16 AM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:36 AM

Tweets from new downtown establishments.
“@thecapitol_jazz: @MaltCity @MarketRegina can't wait to Rock @ReginaDowntown with you guys this spring!!” It will be a great summer #YQR

They have the right attitude. The will all draw/keep people downtown and will feed off each other.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:04 PM

I do NOT like the name of Beaks Chicken.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 7:30 PM

I noticed this morning that Malt City has popped out a huge window on the Cornwall side. I assume they are putting in a door for possible patio.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 10:07 PM

Famoso Hill Centre has a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/FamosoHillCentre

Bringing in the pizza oven

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 12:39 AM

New entrance at Malt City

Beautiful space:

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 5:25 AM
BANNED

Thanks for all the updates Stormer!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan