HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 8:09 PM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Where have you seen these plans?
I don't think anybody's seen them because nobody's drawn any up. That being said, that has been the stated goal of the COW for the junction.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
I don't think anybody's seen them because nobody's drawn any up. That being said, that has been the stated goal of the COW for the junction.
What he said! It's a project much talked about but keep being pushed out of the 5 year plans. And the reason nothing got developed there for years until the 2 building fronting Osborne.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 7:15 PM

Huge image, didn't re-size it, apologies..

June.2016
Quote:
Originally planned as a single office building, Osborne Place generated sufficient excitement from the city and community that a second building, a 10-storey residential structure, is now planned for an adjacent site at 265 Osborne.
http://www.imperialproperties.ca/abo...ber-completion

Nice to here that Imperial is confirming residential at 10 floors adjacent to this project..

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 3:54 PM

^Great news, that is moving pretty quickly. I'm very curious to see if they end up losing the parking that was planned for the north side of the building (I hope they do). Its been confirmed that over the winter the city will expropriate the Money Mart lot to make way for the reconfigured Pembina lanes there with the additional bike lanes and expanded sidewalk. It'd really suck to have that property now fronting Confusion Corner and it be parking at the sidewalk.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 4:56 PM
Otaku

Update this morning from Osborne Station.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 4:58 PM

^ That's coming along nicely. It has already changed the appearance of Confusion Corner for the better... it's a great visual anchor, along with the beautiful Osborne Station.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 8:22 PM

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 9:01 PM

^ Beginning to like the look of this building, even at it's minimal height and plain appearance, it finally adds to that bleak little corner that remained empty for eons. Money mart location tics me off but whatever..

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 1:41 PM

sure not many windows in that place

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:39 PM

There's basically a ring of windows for each floor around the entire building. The gap you can see between the steel.

This is more like an old style office building. No floor to ceiling glass. However, I think the exterior will be covered in spandrel and glazing, IIRC.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:45 PM

^ Yeah, there will be some glass, just not the full on glass curtain wall treatment we've been getting accustomed to. I think it's going to be a great focal point at Confusion Corner... I always thought an intersection of that stature deserved some better buildings than what currently exists there. Osborne Station and now this building are a real aesthetic improvement.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 11:35 PM

^ agree with you esquire, all said and done, it still is a welcome addition to a rather unappealing corner.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
^ Beginning to like the look of this building, even at it's minimal height and plain appearance, it finally adds to that bleak little corner that remained empty for eons. Money mart location tics me off but whatever..
The Money Mart will likely be coming down in spring – the new 2-way bike lane goes right through its property. If you look at the plans, you can see the lane going right through the Money Mart.

When the Pembina reconstruction is done, Osborne Place's parking lot will front Confusion Corner.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 6:20 AM

as a non-resident I had to google street view this area to see why it had the nickname confusion corner. Damn. No further questions.
Positive changes to the area of late. Yep the money mart has to go

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hired_goons View Post
as a non-resident I had to google street view this area to see why it had the nickname confusion corner. Damn. No further questions.
The confusion of confusion corner would be reduced substantially for the price of a few signs if they:

(1) Had signage with actual street names (Donald, Osborne) instead of highway names that nobody uses (e.g., "42 North", "62 North").

(2) Called it "Donald Street" in both directions from the Donald St. bridge to its merger with Pembina. Right now, the southbound lanes are vestigially named "McMillan Ave" from Scott to Osborne.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 9:34 PM

haha just thinking about it. Kind of cool to have a place named like that, Confusion Corner. I'm sure most of us locals can traverse that area rather easily. But if you didn't know, well you'd be confused.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
The Money Mart will likely be coming down in spring – the new 2-way bike lane goes right through its property. If you look at the plans, you can see the lane going right through the Money Mart.

When the Pembina reconstruction is done, Osborne Place's parking lot will front Confusion Corner.
Thx for this, good news,

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 3:52 PM

It's good news that MM is coming down, but slightly unfortunate the parking lot (and its likely wood fence) will be fronting the intersection.

I really want to have a petition to Winnipeg Transit to use the name "Confusion Corner" instead of "Osborne Junction" for the stops there. If a tourist ever asked for directions no one would say "get out at Osborne Junction" ... it's CC. Use the name people actually call it.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 4:03 PM

Quote:
It's good news that MM is coming down, but slightly unfortunate the parking lot (and its likely wood fence) will be fronting the intersection.

I really want to have a petition to Winnipeg Transit to use the name "Confusion Corner" instead of "Osborne Junction" for the stops there. If a tourist ever asked for directions no one would say "get out at Osborne Junction" ... it's CC. Use the name people actually call it.
being from saskatoon, and travelling to the peg once a year, when someone mentions Confusion Corner, i as a tourist know where that EXACT location is.

i wouldnt call it osborne junction myself....sounds off. just giving you a "tourist" opinion, because i believe it would help others too

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 10:12 PM

Not the biggest fan of the look but certainly welcome to the area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hired_goons View Post
Friends of mine from out of town were visiting, and they called me; "WHAT IN THE F____ IS THIS f____ STUPID C____ INTERSECTION, STUPID WINNIPEG THIS MAKES NO F_____ SENSE WHERE ARE WE"

"Where are you"

"WE DON'T KNOW, THAT'S WHY WE'RE CALLING AND YELLING"

"What's the last major road you were on?"

"Donald going south"

"Are you at Confusion Corner?"

"Well a Restaurant here is called that"

"No, the intersection is called that. Then came the restaurant"

"ohhhhhhhhhhh"

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan