HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 9:20 PM
is watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Here is Victoria Thrifty Foods (Sobeys) first started doing it back in 2004. It is a key part of their business. There are a lot of Thrifty home delivery trucks on the road in Victoria. It is very popular. You have to order online and you get to pick two hour time slots. I think the secret is all the back-end systems for managing pickers and drivers.

This is the company that did the original software for that system https://www.mightyoaks.com/software-...y/for-grocers/

Save-On is the new guy on the block in Victoria. The local save-on near where I live started about a year ago and now it looks like they have around 3-4 trucks based out of that one store.
VI regional chain Quality Foods (QF) also does on-line shopping with home delivery - including beer/wine/spirits. So it must be popular enough. The chain is relatively new to the Victoria area with two locations so far (2015 Westshore & 2016 View Royal).

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneSpotter View Post
VI regional chain Quality Foods (QF) also does on-line shopping with home delivery - including beer/wine/spirits. So it must be popular enough. The chain is relatively new to the Victoria area with two locations so far (2015 Westshore & 2016 View Royal).
I think they have been doing it for a while. They started up in the Nanaimo and area. I think they are now part of the Jimmy Patison Group similar to Overwrite/SaveOn.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 6:25 AM
is watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I think they have been doing it for a while. They started up in the Nanaimo and area. I think they are now part of the Jimmy Patison Group similar to Overwrite/SaveOn.
Not part of the Pattison group...although Pattison does have a minor stake in the company. They are operated and controlled by the original founders.

Nonetheless - lots of grocery delivery services on Vancouver Island! Which I'm sure the Regina Saskatechwan people are so interested in...LOL!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 5:40 PM
Pure Phase

9 Mile's new brewery/tap room opens Friday. The space looks great and it's wonderful to see these guys continue to expand. Also, it'll be wonderful to have a nice place to grab a pint on 20th.

http://globalnews.ca/video/3295417/g...g?sf60945035=1

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 7:49 PM

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 6:45 PM

This not new or construction related, but I just have to put a plug in here for hands-down my favourite & (IMHO) best restaurant in Saskatoon - St. Tropez Bistro on 2nd. Family owned restaurant has been around since 1979 I believe, absolutely wonderful food, terrific service in a classy environment where you can actually have a conversation at your table without having to shout above all the ambient noise. The owners grow many of their own vegetables, fruits and spices in their rooftop garden and on an acreage south of the city.

If you haven't experienced this wonderful restaurant I highly recommend you try it, or re-visit it again

Last edited by Davidson; Apr 6, 2017 at 10:32 PM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 4:01 PM

New Faces: 9 Mile Legacy Brewing Co. expands in Riversdale

By John Grainger, Saskatoon Star Phoenix
April 1, 2017

They knew they’d need a new location, but the owners of the 9 Mile Legacy Brewing Company didn’t realize it would be this soon.

Garrett Pederson and Shawn Moen originally set up their shop next to the farmers’ market, but knew a move to bigger digs would be necessary eventually.

“The last place was a stepping stone to getting us here, where we have more room to be creative,” says Moen. “It was definitely a weighty thing for us opening this spot.”

Their new space, in the revitalized Riversdale area, has allowed them to spread their wings already since opening earlier this month.

The pair, along with their contractor, Voce Developments, got into action reclaiming the space.

“We started the building process last September,” says Moen. “It’s been a lot of work, a lot of sweat equity. But it’s been well worth it.”

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/business/l...-in-riversdale

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 4:42 AM

Sunrise Records to open stores in former HMV locations in Saskatoon

Saskatoon StarPhoenix
April 6, 2017

Sunrise Records plans to move into the Saskatoon market, taking over the old HMV locations in The Mall at Lawson Heights and Midtown Plaza.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/business/l...s-in-saskatoon

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 2:45 PM

Saskatoon will be getting a "Premium Brands Outlet" In Preston Crossing.

I've been to one in BC, if its your type of fashion its pretty good store, Lots of "Skater" brands.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 5:56 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned but Preston Crossing is going to get Saskatoon's second Canadian Brewhouse.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 6:37 PM

Anyone know what's going to be constructed in the parking lot at Lawson Heights Mall near the Tim Hortons? The area is fenced off, asphalt has been ripped out, and there is a survey crew there today.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S'toon Goon View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned but Preston Crossing is going to get Saskatoon's second Canadian Brewhouse.
I had suspected we were getting a second one. Sometime ago The facebook page changed from " The Canadian Brewhouse (Saskatoon)" to "The Canadian Brewhouse (Preston Avenue)". Though With the second one also being on preston its not going to clarify it much.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:39 PM

I was in Stonebridge the other evening and parking lot was absolutely full by Canadian Brewhouse. I was by again over lunch hour today and all their deck furniture is out, with people out having lunch in the sunshine.... and they DO have a great deck....even if the view is not so great.

This has sure been a very successful franchise in Saskatoon.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 1:29 AM

Paper up in the windows of the former Grazing Goat is advertising a new joint called Home Town Diner & Donuts.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 4:32 AM

Purdys Chocolatier is opening in Midtown Plaza on April 29th.

https://www.midtownplaza.ca/promotio...r-opening-soon

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:53 PM

Extra foods taylor st is officially closed now. 1 week early.

took some stuff for my store on monday when i popped in, stores completely empty and the NO-frills reno has already begun.

they said july-ish should be done. given timelines on other stores that have gotten reno-d , give it till end of august for sure to be ready.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 8:09 PM

Spent the last week in Saskatoon and really enjoyed my stay.

-Walked the river, much prettier than what we have in Winnipeg
-Played Dakota Dunes, and loved it.
-Went to Hudsons/Winstons/Congress/9Mile for drinks. Really enjoyed Winstons. Thought all were fun. Really enjoyed the Nokomis Brown some places carried.
-Ate at the Hollows, Rook and Raven, Spicy Garden, Golden Pagoda, and Night Oven pizza night. Enjoyed it all!!
-For more fast places unique to Saskatoon, I tried Frankys for Banh Mi and Super Donair. I still dont know how I ate the large donair, and still dont know what the green sauce was.

Would consider move there if my current job opened up in Saskatoon.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
Spent the last week in Saskatoon and really enjoyed my stay.

-Walked the river, much prettier than what we have in Winnipeg
-Played Dakota Dunes, and loved it.
-Went to Hudsons/Winstons/Congress/9Mile for drinks. Really enjoyed Winstons. Thought all were fun. Really enjoyed the Nokomis Brown some places carried.
-Ate at the Hollows, Rook and Raven, Spicy Garden, Golden Pagoda, and Night Oven pizza night. Enjoyed it all!!
-For more fast places unique to Saskatoon, I tried Frankys for Banh Mi and Super Donair. I still dont know how I ate the large donair, and still dont know what the green sauce was.

Would consider move there if my current job opened up in Saskatoon.

always nice to hear outsiders have their say on saskatoon.

glad you had a positive experience!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 2:12 AM

The Skechers Outlet store is now open at Preston Crossing.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 5:45 PM

Cut & pasted from the Saskatoon Construction III thread:

Quote:
TheCricket
Rosewood
I heard a rumour of some new goings-on in the Rosewood area. A Tim's is underway, as well a Popey's and apparently an Una Pizza is taking over one of the Brown's Social Houses lease? Has anyone heard anything about that? I thought the location on Broadway was a one-off for the Calgary based company. Maybe franchising is paying off for them and they are looking to expand their foot print.

Quote:
Crisis
Rosewood is also getting a McDonald's. Tenders closed yesterday, so construction should be starting later this month.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan