HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 6:05 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
Sure do!! Phenomenally gorgeous pic Ryan-thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
Great photo. I'm trying to picture what the office tower from block 162 will look like from that perspective...
Thanks guys! I took a look at the 3D future skyline maps we create for DenverInfill and Block 162 will not have a ton of impact on the skyline from this angle. The Hyatt covers a good chunk of it. However, there will be some glass protruding from the right of the Hyatt but it will be the same height as the Hyatt.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Thanks guys! I took a look at the 3D future skyline maps we create for DenverInfill and Block 162 will not have a ton of impact on the skyline from this angle. The Hyatt covers a good chunk of it. However, there will be some glass protruding from the right of the Hyatt but it will be the same height as the Hyatt.
At least it will block the blank wall of Dominion Plaza...

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 12:05 AM

I love how our glassy 1144 Fifteenth Street appears to be a shard of glass in the skyline, even in the haziest of conditions...

Full Size Version

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 5:53 AM

I think that 1144 sets the stage for a modern wave group of high-rise skyscrapers downtown. For example, the design for 650 17th would look, in my opinion, less out of place because of 1144.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 7:34 PM

It’s nice to see the lower downtown side of the skyline start to balance with the uptown side. Since the early 1980’s the skyline has been so very concentrated around 17th Avenue and Broadway. If and when Tabor 2 ever gets built it will further create a balance. 650 17th near the center of it all would finally give Denver an impressive skyline.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 2:53 AM

Developer buys land for 13-story Arapahoe Square apartment tower

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 3:19 AM

I spy nighttime lighting on the first few floors of the Confluence!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
Nice. Does anyone have pic of the 21st & Welton Apartments over there? That has to be topped off by now.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 5:05 AM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
Nice. Does anyone have pic of the 21st & Welton Apartments over there? That has to be topped off by now.
Cover photo of our recent Winter 2017 Crane Census post:

https://denverinfill.com/blog/2017/1...nter-2017.html

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 7:35 PM

Got a question-is that self storage building 6 floors that's near where the Park Avenue and Walnut Street viaduct meet? I noticed it in the background pic on Denverinfill on the latest pic looking north from in back of Union Station-the building actually looks good and has brick.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 11:58 PM

This is my first time seeing it, but the night lighting on the confluence is up the entire side of the building!
* edit - they are off now.... maybe they were testing them?

Last edited by UrbanT; Jan 18, 2018 at 1:20 AM.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 4:48 AM

Has anyone been able to catch a picture of the night time lighting on the Confluence?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Has anyone been able to catch a picture of the night time lighting on the Confluence?
I would hope so. What I saw (even though it was only a handful of the first few floors) looked pretty slick. It's on both sides of the building (not just the side facing I-25. The colors were pretty vivid and changed from purple to blue. I can imagine seeing it up the entire building will make for amazing new nighttime postcards of the Denver skyline. I was impressed....

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:24 AM

I missed my chance to take a picture tonight but if it is back on tomorrow night I will! It was bright red tonight going up the whole building. It was also extremely vivid!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:21 PM

Amazon HQ2:

For what's it worth, Denver makes the "cut" of Top 20 (!!!) Cities.

Weird process. Why cut to 20 cities? That's like the Broncos reviewing all options at QB and saying they are down to their final 20. So what? (Though any cities that thought they were a serious candidate and didn't make the Top 20 have to be bummed).

Anyways, wake us up when there's real news.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...118-story.html

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:21 PM
sidewalkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
Got a question-is that self storage building 6 floors that's near where the Park Avenue and Walnut Street viaduct meet? I noticed it in the background pic on Denverinfill on the latest pic looking north from in back of Union Station-the building actually looks good and has brick.
It does have brick, which is nice considering it's a self storage building. But I assume you're referring to the one on Park and Wewatta ramp. There is no Walnut street viaduct.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Amazon HQ2:

For what's it worth, Denver makes the "cut" of Top 20 (!!!) Cities.

Weird process. Why cut to 20 cities? That's like the Broncos reviewing all options at QB and saying they are down to their final 20. So what? (Though any cities that thought they were a serious candidate and didn't make the Top 20 have to be bummed).

Anyways, wake us up when there's real news.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...118-story.html
Well they did have 200+ submissions, so it was a quick and easy way of telling podunk, Georgia to pack up and go back home.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:34 PM
cities|transit|croissants

The pessimistic view is that it also might push some of those 20 cities to offer even more insane tax incentives, if they can sniff potential victory.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
Well they did have 200+ submissions, so it was a quick and easy way of telling podunk, Georgia to pack up and go back home.
Sure, they had 200 submissions, but anyone who read the RFP could (and many in the media did) quickly eliminate all except for about 20 or fewer cities.

The whole process seems contrived and postured. Are they really considering 20 cities? Or it is a combination of a "PR game" (oooh, so many WONDERFUL cities to chose from, we LOVE you all) and a "stalking horse" strategy to pressure the "real" 2 or 3 cities on which they've focused their interest.

If you are at Amazon with responsibility for this project, read your own damn RFP, know the corporate culture, know what's most important for Amazon, and know what your marching orders are from Bezos, then you are a complete idiot if you can't quickly get your choices down to 3-5 cities.

I suspect that's been done, and this is all a big drama queen show by Bezos and Amazon to solicit ever more groveling (and positive publicity about the glories of Amazon) from all of the candidates before they get down to business with a very small number of serious targets.

Also: it wouldn't' surprise me if Amazon said, after all the proposals, that "we've changed our mind", we've decided to split Hq2 between 2 or 3 cities. This actually makes more sense in my view - putting that many jobs and investments in a single city (unless it's Chicago, NY or LA), will just drive up your own costs and re-create the problem that caused Amazon to look beyond Seattle in the first instance.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 4:14 PM

My cynical assumption about AHQ2 is that they've known all along where they want to relocate, they've just been playing cities against each other to see if they can get an even sweeter deal.

Further, they had just about every city and metropolitan area in the United States send them tons of demographic information, real estate development information, and other significant data in nice, concise packages (in the form of RFP responses). How much is that data worth to Amazon? Now they have a full picture of just about every city in the United States, written by the Mayors, Economic Development Offices and regional consortium groups representing them.

All that data has to be worth millions to them. Think how much free labor they received rather than doing all that data compilation themselves.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West