HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 2:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^McD's also adds significantly to the general aroma of D&R: Piss, B-O, Fries, Cig smoke, etc.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2011, 12:39 AM

Hey! I like that pickup window! When I was at Western I sometimes grabbed a coffee at that window between buses. I agree though that the D&R McDonalds does attract loitering, but any urban establishment is going to attract that. It's the same deal in Downtown St. Thomas in front of Tim Hortons, and Downtown Toronto on almost every street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^McD's also adds significantly to the general aroma of D&R: Piss, B-O, Fries, Cig smoke, etc.
And yet there is a Starbucks there. It feels out of place.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2011, 2:00 AM

Yeah, I don't really think McD's is a huge problem, it's the buses that have to go. The Ontario Works office too.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 5:43 AM

I've just moved to Bath, UK recently. They have a bus terminal in the city centre and it works well. Bus services (and trains) in the UK are run by private companies. There must be 4 or 5 companies that run buses here. Bath is about 75,000 to 100,000 people, but the bus service is so much better than London's. They have proper "Park and Ride" facilities, some dedicated bus lanes and the buses run very frequently. They also have many more buses that run regional routes. I used to be against private companies running the transit system, but if it could be operated like it is here, I would be all for it in London.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 7:24 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
I've just moved to Bath, UK recently. They have a bus terminal in the city centre and it works well. Bus services (and trains) in the UK are run by private companies. There must be 4 or 5 companies that run buses here. Bath is about 75,000 to 100,000 people, but the bus service is so much better than London's. They have proper "Park and Ride" facilities, some dedicated bus lanes and the buses run very frequently. They also have many more buses that run regional routes. I used to be against private companies running the transit system, but if it could be operated like it is here, I would be all for it in London.
Shhhhh, you musn't point out that private enterprise is better than the government at running transport enterprises! All the naysayers here are still trying to convince everyone the CN selloff was a bad idea! On that note, I actually took London Transit the other day because I was feeling too cheap to pay for parking. I almost forgot how terrible it was.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates