HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 15, 2010, 11:57 PM

This, 15 penn plaza and empire state building all 1000+ feet in a line, anchoring the south side of midtown. Carnegie 57, and Tower Verre anchoring the north side of midtown... the skyline's going to get from amazing to ridiculous with a few more supertalls in the future.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 2:59 AM

drilling works and cleanup,maybe more i couldnt tell

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 2:18 PM
Editor

Great updates, I hope they're going to start construction soon!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 9:02 PM
New Yorker for life

I really wouldn't expect construction on this one soon. The tunnels for the 7 line have been connected, so that's good news. However, this tower remains in the state of all other towers either canceled, on hold, or proposed - there needs to be financing.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2010, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I really wouldn't expect construction on this one soon. The tunnels for the 7 line have been connected, so that's good news. However, this tower remains in the state of all other towers either canceled, on hold, or proposed - there needs to be financing.
so then whats going on if not construction?same for the rest of the Hudson yards and 11th avenue sites?there all undergoing some type of cleanup and construction. if you look at my pics of the site on 37th to 38th theres a circular that to me looks like the Chicago spires foundation. whatever is going on looks like foundation work.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2010, 6:49 AM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
so then whats going on if not construction?same for the rest of the Hudson yards and 11th avenue sites?there all undergoing some type of cleanup and construction. if you look at my pics of the site on 37th to 38th theres a circular that to me looks like the Chicago spires foundation. whatever is going on looks like foundation work.
I hope you're right...

I hope you're right.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2010, 1:32 PM
Editor

Somewhere I read that financing is there, but they have to wait until the subway project is finshed. If that's the case, foundation work might start soon or even has already started.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2010, 3:18 PM
World Machine

Think of the area as going through a prep/planning stage. You're not going to see any physicial vertical construction of any sorts happening for a while.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2010, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Think of the area as going through a prep/planning stage. You're not going to see any physicial vertical construction of any sorts happening for a while.
then whys there drilling on the other sites and foundation work?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 6:12 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
That all has to do with the 7 line construction. There was a show on Discovery I think about earthmovers, and on one particular episode you could see everything that was going on at this site.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 2:07 PM
Editor

Well, I thought construction will start after the two tunels were connected. The subway project has to be done, or at least basicly done. The financing of the tower is there, completion is planned for 2013. It's now the time start with the tower.

Let's wait, in a couple of weeks we're going to know what's going on.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 10:12 AM
New Yorker for life

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...876001478.html

On the Horizon, a New Manhattan Skyline

Anton Troianovski
August 30, 2010

Quote:
Before the recession hit, developers Moinian Group and Brookfield Properties Corp. also floated West Side towers, proposed to be more than 1,000 feet tall. "There's not much going on at the moment but it's definitely something we're excited about for the future," a Brookfield spokesman said of the company's project, at Ninth Avenue and 33rd Street.

Moinian wants to build a 1,060-foot office and residential tower nearby, but construction won't start before 2013, a spokesman said.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 1:28 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Nice to finally have a height for this. Shame that it's just a hair taller than Verre.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 2:17 PM
Editor

Good news about the height, but it's bad that construction will start by 2013. I expected to see this U/C during the next months.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 2:59 PM
World Machine

I’m glad to read some rational thinking coming from these articles in terms of future commercial development. I don’t know if I’d go as far as leveling Park Avenue north of GCT, but what is in the works for the West Side and Hudson Yards will hopefully suffice, at least for now.

I’m anticipating that during the mid to later part of this decade is when we will see some substantial development.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 3:04 PM
Editor

I fixed the db-values, but we need a new drawing.

I hope construction will start by 2013 then and not later!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 6:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWorldTradeCenter View Post
Good news about the height, but it's bad that construction will start by 2013. I expected to see this U/C during the next months.
I didn't expect to see this one start construction soon, and I'm also hopeful that time will allow for a redesign (though I can live with it as it is). Nothing wrong with getting this one started later, we will have our hands full watching the construction in the next couple of years. Consider that in the previous three decades we didn't see any supertalls constructed in the city, and now we will have a line of supertalls coming, like the gift that keeps on giving.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 1:59 AM

is 1060 ft. official?

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 2:11 AM
The Time To Build Is Now

Interesting neither 2 or 3 WTC were shown in that diagram.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 4:38 AM
Laissez-Faire Forever!

^Probably because they seem to still be in a supertall-limbo, of sorts. At least, #2 is. #3 now has a fair shot at full construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction