HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 7:25 PM

My Random Taipei

Hi everyone.
It's been almost two years since my last post here.
Now I just had a new thread about Taipei.
Please go have a look through the link below.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=122884
Thank you.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 9:10 AM
Utopia Society

Nice Work!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 6:32 PM

Really nice!

especially Photo #20

By the way, do you celebrate new year like us european or is your chinese new year more important for you? We have seen the videos of the 101 in TV (and on youtube), we love it (My wife and me visited Taiwan in 1999 du tue work)

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilljacker View Post
Really nice!

especially Photo #20

By the way, do you celebrate new year like us european or is your chinese new year more important for you? We have seen the videos of the 101 in TV (and on youtube), we love it (My wife and me visited Taiwan in 1999 du tue work)
In Taiwan, there was actually no celebration at all for western new year until 2000.
Millennium was quite a special milestone in the history, so the first celebration party was held on that year.
And it becomes a habit to celebrate for the coming new year and hold a concert for count down from that year on.
Especially after the 101 was completed, the concert held near the tower draws hundreds of thoasands of people to see the firework on 101 every year.

By the way, it is interesting that the New Year is for celebration with FRIENDS, while the Chinese New Year is for celebration with the whole family in Taiwan. Both are important for different meanings.
Kinda similar to that the Christmas for family, New Year for friends in the western culture.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipeisky View Post
In Taiwan, there was actually no celebration at all for western new year until 2000.
Millennium was quite a special milestone in the history, so the first celebration party was held on that year.
And it becomes a habit to celebrate for the coming new year and hold a concert for count down from that year on.
Especially after the 101 was completed, the concert held near the tower draws hundreds of thoasands of people to see the firework on 101 every year.

By the way, it is interesting that the New Year is for celebration with FRIENDS, while the Chinese New Year is for celebration with the whole family in Taiwan. Both are important for different meanings.
Kinda similar to that the Christmas for family, New Year for friends in the western culture.
absolutely i think there's a pretty good parallel

duing chinese new year eve, the streets of taipei are actually quite dead, cuz everyone's at home, much like the x'mas even in america/europe. and chinese new year shopping (辦年貨) in taiwan is as crazy as x'mas shopping in western countries

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 1:22 PM
½Ñù¤H

Great pictures!!! Thanx for sharing!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan