HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 6:54 AM

Anybody heard anything more about this one? With the fast-tracked approval I figured it would have broken ground by now.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crones81 View Post
Anybody heard anything more about this one? With the fast-tracked approval I figured it would have broken ground by now.
Quote:
Construction isn’t set to begin before next spring.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-14279894

That would be this spring, the season just past--and since nothing ever happens on time in SF development, I'm not panicking yet. There may have been some delay associated with the repeated postponement of the final wrapping up of the TransBay Terminal project, now due to open next month.

Still, some people on this site are adept at picking though permit applications and such so it would be nice to know if they've applied for any as a first step to moving forward (that's a hint ).

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-14279894

That would be this spring, the season just past--and since nothing ever happens on time in SF development, I'm not panicking yet. There may have been some delay associated with the repeated postponement of the final wrapping up of the TransBay Terminal project, now due to open next month.

Still, some people on this site are adept at picking though permit applications and such so it would be nice to know if they've applied for any as a first step to moving forward (that's a hint ).
it's being held up by the Fire Department

http://dbiweb.sfgov.org/dbipts/defau...75918&Stepin=1

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 9:38 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
it's being held up by the Fire Department

http://dbiweb.sfgov.org/dbipts/defau...75918&Stepin=1
if I read it right, it has gotten past SFFD now and is being looked at by SFPUC. progress...

Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
if I read it right, it has gotten past SFFD now and is being looked at by SFPUC. progress...
passed SFPUC...

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 7:22 PM

An 'update' from Socketsite:

Quote:
Approved Renzo Piano Tower Nearly Permitted to Rise

Quote:
in order to break ground, the detailed blueprints for an approved project need to be checked by numerous different entities, including the city’s Fire Department and structural engineers, and an actual building permit needs to be approved and issued, perhaps with a heightened level of scrutiny considering the attention another nearby tower has received over the past couple of years.

And while the aforementioned engineers have yet to give their final approval, San Francisco’s Fire Department and Public Utilities Commission have recently signed off on a thrice revised set of plans and a building permit could soon, at least relatively, be approved along with a demolition permit to clear the site for construction.
Source

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 4:59 PM

^^
Quote:
The ultra-luxury hotel will be flagged a Langham Place, a five-star property expected to employ 300 workers.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...537&j=83804191

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 5:31 PM

This aerial shot is almost from the same perspective as the rendering below - gives you an idea of how this will look within the current skyline.

San Francisco (Salesforce / Transbay) Transit Center
by Michael Estigoy, on Flickr

https://sksre.com/project/555-howard/

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 4:43 AM

wow, nice finds, thanks!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 5:53 AM

Amazing find 1977!

Honestly, whenever I'm walking around the city, I always wonder how the proposed buildings will look and change our skyline. I would love for Parcel F to move faster

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 8:17 AM

Look at the shaddow cast on the TransBay rooftop park by the rendered adjacent tower (I have trouble keeping the addresses straight).

Those who keep complaining about the height of Foundry Square need to look at this hard because, as the Planning Dept. foresaw when they approved Foundry Square, had it been taller--even as tall as the zoning then in place would have permitted--much of the park would have been shadded for much of the afternoon. Even as things are, when all of the lots on the south side of the terminal are built, I think you may not get much sun in that park.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 8:40 AM

Wasn’t Foundry Square built many years before Pelli won the Transbay design contest with his rooftop park proposal?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 1:48 PM
Sonoma Strong

Yes

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_climber13 View Post
Wasn’t Foundry Square built many years before Pelli won the Transbay design contest with his rooftop park proposal?
The specific design, yes. But I recall the Planning Commission anticipated that there would be public open space as part of whatever was built there--replacing the old terminal was already being planned--and expressed pleasure that the Foundry Square buildings wouldn't be tall enough to shade it. In any case, it's a good thing they didn't. If there were an unbroken wall of high rises on the south side of the terminal, the park would be a lot less pleasant and useful.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 4:51 AM

at http://dbiweb.sfgov.org/dbipts/defau...75918&Stepin=1, if you click on the Details button, it now says the permit was issued, on 11/28/18.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
at http://dbiweb.sfgov.org/dbipts/defau...75918&Stepin=1, if you click on the Details button, it now says the permit was issued, on 11/28/18.
Getting the building permit doesn't mean they are permitted to build. They still have to get the addenda (structural, mechanical, etc.) approved. These have yet to be filed.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 11:03 PM

Two years...hard to believe this one was *fast tracked* by permitting!!! Still very excited to see the wait (maybe?) coming to an end, hope we can squeeze this one in. I like a supertall as much as the next fellow but am particularly attached to infill towers in the 250-450 range right now in this city now that we've got some big pieces in play with large towers. Not to mention I'm a rooftop bar junkie (just got back a few months ago from the O-Zone Bar in Hong Kong during my stay at the Ritz there, tallest bar and hotel in the world, that was incredible!) and so I'm hoping to get a new haunt out of this one (even though I'm sure it won't be a cheap one!).

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Two years...hard to believe this one was *fast tracked* by permitting!!! Still very excited to see the wait (maybe?) coming to an end, hope we can squeeze this one in. I like a supertall as much as the next fellow but am particularly attached to infill towers in the 250-450 range right now in this city now that we've got some big pieces in play with large towers. Not to mention I'm a rooftop bar junkie (just got back a few months ago from the O-Zone Bar in Hong Kong during my stay at the Ritz there, tallest bar and hotel in the world, that was incredible!) and so I'm hoping to get a new haunt out of this one (even though I'm sure it won't be a cheap one!).
Yeah, this is a great tower and I'd love to see this one given how tall and skinny it is. Reminds me of a shorter version of some of the things going up in NYC. When it is all built out, this block will look quite different given the ... what ... four or five buildings that will get added.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 6:16 AM

um, 6 more months and nothing?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 3:21 PM
Build Baby Build

You have to love the current building's street art that says Oscar Park 2017. Not only is it no longer the name of the future park, but it's obviously not going to be done until 2020 at the earliest (probably closer to 2022).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals