HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

1000M in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 8:25 PM

^ Correction; Essex is thin.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 11:32 PM

Yeah, NEMA will get thin near the top, but is quite the bulky building(in the best way possible of course haha)

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 8:04 PM

I see it more crucial not for its sheer girth but for its position in the skyline. Essex and 1000M will help sow the Loop to the South Loop. River Line and the 78 will bolster the depth of the skyline west, but we need these two to tower over the park.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 9:55 PM

If anyone has Instagram they advertising aleast 2-3x a day putting up different views

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 12:38 AM
The New Republic

Perhaps they should get around to changing the height to 252m. 1000m works out to 3,281 ft.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 2:05 AM
devout Pizzatarian

^ I can't tell if you're being serious, but in case you are, "1000M" is the name of the project, derived form it's address, it has nothing to do with height.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 9:28 PM

From 1000M's official Instagram page

Pretty ballsy move, mostly because my eye is more drawn to NEMA than to 1000M. Too bad it got that height chop.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 3:42 AM

It's curved and sharp lines will do a nice job at juxtaposing Essex and OGP's boxiness. Good complimenting design, whether intentionally or not haha

I'm still pretty hopeful this one has a chance at getting underway next year in the Spring.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 1:24 PM

Has anyone heard what 1000M's pre-sale numbers are at? Are we on schedule for groundbreaking early next year?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 View Post
Has anyone heard what 1000M's pre-sale numbers are at? Are we on schedule for groundbreaking early next year?
Last I heard was the public quote from a broker (@ properties?) about the volume of pre-sales at Vista and their share of the market. When you backed out from that # it couldn't be good for 1000M.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 10:14 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
Last I heard was the public quote from a broker (@ properties?) about the volume of pre-sales at Vista and their share of the market. When you backed out from that # it couldn't be good for 1000M.
What do you mean? Hopefully it's still enough for 2019 ground breaking. This building is pretty awesome.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 2:36 PM
BANNED

I do think it’s possible this will be built. The area already looks more desirable since NEMA and the green one are nearly complete. The biggest challenge facing any condo development now isn’t a lending practice shift (tho that’s significant), but a cultural shift away from ownership. Economic shocks like the great recesssion change values for an entire generation.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 4:39 PM

I don't think these count pending sales (i.e. ones at Vista or even OBP) but RE/MAX does study on the Chicago area market for luxury home sales ($1M+) per quarter. Every quarter this year has set a record for the most sales in the area, but as far as the city goes..

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300739697.html

Quote:
In the attached luxury market, the Near North Side retained its leadership position with 95 sales during the quarter, a gain of +10.5%, while the Near West Side continued its emergence as the city's hot new luxury attached market with 43 sales. In contrast, it had just 16 sales a year earlier and none five years ago. Luxury sales were little changed elsewhere, falling by four units in the Loop and two units in Lincoln Park, while gaining a single unit in both Lake View and the Near South Side.

In the detached category, luxury sales set records in Lake View at 40 units and Logan Square at 20 units. North Center tied its third-quarter high with 37 $1-million-plus sales. Detached luxury sales were also higher in Edgewater, Lincoln Square, the Near North Side and West Town, but were lower in Lincoln Park and Uptown.
The Loop is not necessarily doing as well as its neighbor to the north in this regard. Of course, not all units at 1000M are over $1M but there are many that are which are probably necessary to put under contract to get this thing going. I agree above though the area is more desirable now than it was even 5 years ago.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 5:12 PM

Sorry for whining but I miss the old design!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 7:01 PM

This is going to be a nice tower in an area that needs one.

And despite how many times I have seen this thread, I still initially see "1000 meters!" lol.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 4:43 PM
DENNAB

Not sure if anyone has posted this (from May) but apparently the sales are doing extremely well.

http://blog.uniquehomes.com/1000m-to...-condo-market/

1000M, the 74-story, super-luxury high-rise, designed by Helmut Jahn with interiors by Kara Mann, has been the best-selling condominium development in downtown Chicago since launching sales last October.

We seem to keep talking about a slow-down of the market but I guess that's not happening anytime soon?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Not sure if anyone has posted this (from May) but apparently the sales are doing extremely well.

http://blog.uniquehomes.com/1000m-to...-condo-market/

1000M, the 74-story, super-luxury high-rise, designed by Helmut Jahn with interiors by Kara Mann, has been the best-selling condominium development in downtown Chicago since launching sales last October.

We seem to keep talking about a slow-down of the market but I guess that's not happening anytime soon?

Well in that case they will be breaking ground in January if this article is true .

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 6:50 PM

I sure hope it's true, because we can see how big 600 feet looks on Michigan avenue down there, one can only imagine what nearly 850 feet will do when viewed from the park/lake

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 7:16 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I sure hope it's true, because we can see how big 600 feet looks on Michigan avenue down there, one can only imagine what nearly 850 feet will do when viewed from the park/lake
I know, this and NEMA will look really cool.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 8:03 PM

We need a damn insider

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction