HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

One Bayfront Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 11:05 PM

Wink MIAMI | One Bayfront Plaza | 1,049 FT | 92 FLOORS

Latest super-tall Miami proposal is an office tower One Bayfront Plaza. Despite a slowdown in residential demand and construction, office demand and construction in Miami has shown to signs of slow down. Located in the central business district across from Bayfront Park, the proposal 2.1M square feet of commercial space, a two-storey mall at the lobby with 120,000 square feet of retail space, and a 650 room hotel (located in a second, smaller tower), and 3,000 parking spaces.

http://www.fecr.com/bayfrontPark/index.htm

It will be interesting to see how it moves foward. Being a commercial project, I don't think it has a bad chance of happening.

Last edited by Urbannizer; Dec 22, 2017 at 7:00 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 11:17 PM

The design looks very different. Big spire though. =\

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 2:20 AM
BANNED

It'll never happen

This along with World Empire Towers will never happen. The FAA certainly won't approve any building with a spire reading 1180 feet, and the city of Miami will turn it down in a heart beat anyway because of the style. There has only been one building in Miami with a spire or pinnacle, and that is the courthouse in 1928. South Florida high rise roofs have to be flat and I think most people know why... This looks like an architects dream or something on this site. Another funny one someone sent me the other day, similar to this was the Merritt Island Subway System... a hoax of course, but pretty convincing looking....

http://www.misubwayauth.org/

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 3:57 AM

Domo, while I agree with you that this rendering is most likely a hoax, I still believe that a 1000+ ft building will be built on its site. Rx727sfl2002, from SSC Forums, is a very reliable source and has posted renderings of such a building with a height of up to 1064 ft. RX has also suggested that Miami’s most famous developer, Tibor Hollo, may be behind it and that it may end up being one of his last projects. Unfortunately, that means that it will probably not be built until after Villa Magna which hasn’t even started construction yet. Also, I don’t have the pdf file anymore but I have seen the FAA’s height limit map and it allows buildings in this area to exceed 1000.’ Oh, almost forgot…here’s the rendering I was talking about:

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 4:41 AM

It is my understanding that this proposal is very real and could start sooner than we'd think. Also, if you can't build a thousand-feet on tis spot, you just can't build a thousand-feet in Miami.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:11 PM

Empire World Towers was just a pipedream, I really doubt that the developer ever had any intention of building it, Im still not even sure the guy owns the land or that he ever submitted papers.
As to the comment that the city would never approve it, Domo you are very wrong, the city wants taller building to the point of paying consultants to see what can be done to lift faa height limits from four seasons all the way to the performing arts center, the city wants more height, because land is scarce and higher buildings equal more money for less infastructure.
now as to this getting built, who knows anymore, seeing as there are now millions of square feet of office space being proposed similarly to how condos were being proposed left and right...

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 9:23 PM

Empire World is a pipe dream, but I have confidence that this project will become reality, though the FAA will have something to say about the proposed height. Remember, it is an office tower, and right now Miami is beginning to suffer from lack of Class A office space downtown.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo Arigato
South Florida high rise roofs have to be flat and I think most people know why...

call me stupid, but why?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 4:22 AM

So that pebbles can be blown off them to shatter the windows of surrounding highrises ?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 6:21 AM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell
call me stupid, but why?
Stupid.

But I want to know tooo.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
It is my understanding that this proposal is very real and could start sooner than we'd think.
Good !
That could become the first really iconic skyscraper in Miami.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2006, 7:58 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
It is my understanding that this proposal is very real and could start sooner than we'd think. Also, if you can't build a thousand-feet on tis spot, you just can't build a thousand-feet in Miami.

I sure hope it's very real. I'll take any supertall in downtown Miami anyway we can get it! Steve

Old Posted Nov 1, 2006, 8:26 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Would be amazing if this turns out to be real, has a great design too.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Pipe Dreams

Quote:
As to the comment that the city would never approve it, Domo you are very wrong, the city wants taller building to the point of paying consultants to see what can be done to lift faa height limits from four seasons all the way to the performing arts center, the city wants more height, because land is scarce and higher buildings equal more money for less infastructure.
I work for the City of Miami. Trust me. Those two towers are not going up.

Domo.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2006, 11:42 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

A Supertall in Miami!

Domo, I don't know in what capacity you work for the City of Miami, but I have no doubt that the city wants a supertall at least to put Miami on a par with other American cities such as Los Angeles, Houston, and Atlanta, all of which have a supertall, though just barely. Supertalls are the Great Pyramids of our time! Presently, Atlanta has the tallest building in the United States outside of New York and Chicago with the Bank of America tower there reaching 1,023 feet with its spire. I have no doubt that there are those working for the city who want Miami to have the prestige of having the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago. It's only fitting since we will probably have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country in the next 5 years with a stunning waterfront spread topped only by New York and Chicago with the causeways providing a dramatic approach from Miami Beach and Key Biscayne! The MacArthur Causeway (I-395) will eventually take you through a skyscraper canyon as you enter Miami coming from South Beach! What is currently under construction in Miami has already catapulted us into the top ten as soon having one of the most dynamic skylines in the country! I can hardly wait to see how Miami compares in the 2007 World Almanac as it lists tall buildings either built or under construction in North American cities. The long Miami list will be longer than last year's list, and next year's list will be even longer! From my latest count, we are already in 3rd place ahead of Houston with a preponderance of buildings under construction in the 400-500 foot range (I tend to forget to count those, but the World Almanac does {except for New York}) as well as those 500 feet plus. ATLANTIS RISES AGAIN!!!

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Nov 11, 2006 at 6:05 PM.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 5:45 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Flat roofs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell
call me stupid, but why?
I don't know why buildings in Miami would necessarily have to have flat roofs, but they do make for more helipads for corporate executives and flat roofs with a helipad can provide an alternate escape route. You can evacuate up as well as down.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 5:56 AM
Everywhere all at once

I'm looking forward to more real "architecture" in Miami. This should be good in making a case for that. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me if the performing arts center is done yet?

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 11:52 AM

^ yes the Performing Arts Center opened in October
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117073
as for this supertall if anybody can build it Tibor Hollo can. This site is perfect for a project like this.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 12:21 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
Domo, I don't know in what capacity you work for the City of Miami, but I have no doubt that the city wants a supertall at least to put Miami on a par with other American cities such as Los Angeles, Houston, and Atlanta, all of which have a supertall, though just barely. Supertalls are the Great Pyramids of our time! Presently, Atlanta has the tallest building in the United States outside of New York and Chicago with the Bank of America tower there reaching 1,023 feet with its spire. I have no doubt that there are those working for the city who want Miami to have the prestige of having the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago. It's only fitting since we will probably have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country in the next 5 years with a stunning waterfront spread topped only by New York and Chicago with the causeways providing a dramatic approach from Miami Beach and Key Biscayne! The MacArthur Causeway (I-395) will eventually take you through a skyscraper canyon as you enter Miami coming from South Beach! What is currently under construction in Miami has already catapulted us into the top ten as soon having one of the most dynamic skylines in the country! I can hardly wait to see how Miami compares in the 2007 World Almanac as it lists tall buildings either built or under construction in North American cities. The long Miami list will be longer than last year's list, and next year's list will be even longer! From my latest count, we are already in 3rd place ahead of Houston with a preponderance of buildings under construction in the 400-500 foot range (I tend to forget to count those, but the World Almanac does {except for New York}) as well as those 500 feet plus. ATLANTIS RISES AGAIN!!!
according to the ssp tallest buildings in the u.s, us bank tower in los angeles is taller to the roof then bofa in atlanta, so los angeles has the title of tallest tower outside of new york or chicago.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 4:25 PM
Go Pens!

Finally something that's not a rectangle. I'm not really too keen on organic or twisty designs, but this looks kind of interesting. I like the tapered (from what i can see) crown to spire deal they got going up top.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals