HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Spiral in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
So true. I did not realize that lots take a while to assemble and the subway is making the area even more attractive + high line park.
It took Barnett about a decade to assemble the lot for One57. It's taken about as long or longer to assemble the site for 1 Vanderbilt. So when you see these large "pre-assembled" lots become available in Manhattan, everyone takes notice.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:53 AM

If I recall correctly, the top 500 or so feet of the Burj is a spire. If the HU tower had it's Spire counted in it's height (assuming to the top it would be 650m) it would stand roughly 2100 feet tall.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
If I recall correctly, the top 500 or so feet of the Burj is a spire. If the HU tower had it's Spire counted in it's height (assuming to the top it would be 650m) it would stand roughly 2100 feet tall.
Just think about that if it was built today it would be the 2nd tallest in the world! Even taller than the Shanghai Tower!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 2:32 AM

Quote:
“It could be a major New York developer already in Hudson Yards, or someone who wants to be there,” he said, “Or a foreign buyer who wants to build the tallest building in New York… who wants to make a real splash with the building.”
Music to my ears! And yes, prices in Hudson Yards have been HOT HOT HOT. Let's hope someone with big ideas picks this site up.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 2:43 AM

If it was 2,100 feet it did eventually be surpassed by the Kingdom Tower, the India Tower, and Sky City. This building would need security. It did be a major target for terrorists since it will be shorter than the Burj Khalifa. She's number 2 ......

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 3:17 AM
dazzle me

this whole marketing blitz could be, at least partially, a ploy to force related to big for the site, in order to protect their investment timeline.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 4:28 AM

I knew 2014 would be interesting. And I expect more possible new tallest buildings for NYC within the year.
BTW we have 3 towers with the possibility for over 1500 feet. Nordstrom, Schvo, Hudson Spire.
I'm telling you it will be a wonderful year!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 12:08 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This is sure to draw some major investors. Just to say one works in the tallest building in the city is something in itself. Its brownie points right there. I would be happy with 2nd place over the Burj Dubai.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King DenCity View Post
I knew 2014 would be interesting. And I expect more possible new tallest buildings for NYC within the year.
BTW we have 3 towers with the possibility for over 1500 feet. Nordstrom, Schvo, Hudson Spire.
I'm telling you it will be a wonderful year!
Schvo?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Schvo?
Developer Michael Shvo plans a 100-floor tower somewhere along 57th Street. No details yet.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 PM
New Yorker for life

^ I'm still not even sure what he meant by that. With that guy, it could be an actual 100 floors, and not just 1,000 ft. Either way it would be supertall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
This building would need security. It did be a major target for terrorists since it will be shorter than the Burj Khalifa. She's number 2 ......
All buildings need security. I don't know what type of extra security you are referring to, unless you mean some type of bunker base. But terrorist aren't obsessed with skyscrapers. They have more than enough ways to get you, so we really should stop assuming that if a skyscraper is built, it will be the likely terrorist target. Especially with so many easer targets for the picking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post
this whole marketing blitz could be, at least partially, a ploy to force related to big for the site, in order to protect their investment timeline.
Related has enough on its plate. I would be more interested to see what Sherwood does with its land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King DenCity View Post
BTW we have 3 towers with the possibility for over 1500 feet. Nordstrom, Schvo, Hudson Spire. I'm telling you it will be a wonderful year!
Well, if this tower is developed along the lines of the "Hudson Spire" proposal, it would truly be the tallest in the City. Of all the current proposals, I can't really say with any reasonable certainty that any would be the tallest in Manhattan for a long time. Something approaching 1,800 to 2,000 ft probably would be though. We don't know how many other towers are in the works, how many will actually get built, which will be the last one of the current boom. But all of the other towers have predictable heights, based on demand. There really isn't that type of demand here on the west side (yet), so this would really be one of those "lets get crazy" developments, something extra tall just because. I think the City might need a little bit of that. Bring back the spirit of the Empire State.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 4:38 PM

^ I totally agree.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 10:37 PM

To change the title : 1800 foot and over 100 floors !!!!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 10:54 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

the bldg itself would be taller than the spire of the wtc.

then it would have an antenna as well.

jeepers!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2014, 1:30 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
To change the title : 1800 foot and over 100 floors !!!!
We still don't know what form the tower will take.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2014, 4:40 AM

Maybe this will be the signature tower Hudson Yards needs now that they cut the height of the north tower. Dear, Santa: this.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2014, 1:40 PM
BANNED

with this + 2000 feet tower ,the empire state building will lose domination from hudson river view
i have montined +2000ft because when added the spire can exceed this height
if you noticed they cut height of the north tower because the megatall comes !!!!
hope to see 2132ft!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 3:31 PM
New Yorker for life

There's a "teaser" website up for this baby...

http://www.thehudsonspire.com/

Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 4:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^ I like this optimism. The design looks so futuristic.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 4:32 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
The design looks so futuristic.
It's conceptual. I do like 'the sky's the limit' attitude this project evokes for the far West Side.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive