HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 7:12 AM
THAT Guy

Don't recall seeing this angle with the crown lit before. Although if it has all been redesigned for Salesforce...

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 1:40 PM
BANNED

^That's new to me. I like that it mimics the design of WPE. I give it an 8/10. Would love to see a spire.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 1:46 PM
The City

I'm hoping for some news on this soon...

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 1:52 PM
BANNED

IMO there is no reason to build on this site esp with salesforce involved it cannot go to > 300 meters. 300.1 Meters is all I ask for.

Its a too prominent of a site not to and would be a major disappointment if it did not eclipse 985 feet. If they don't they will be kicking themselves in their asses in the future for not doing so. And BTW no spires to reach it. To the roof or GTFO..

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 3:28 PM
DENNAB

Ooh that's a nice rendering. Very sharp looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
IMO there is no reason to build on this site esp with salesforce involved it cannot go to > 300 meters. 300.1 Meters is all I ask for.

Its a too prominent of a site not to and would be a major disappointment if it did not eclipse 985 feet. If they don't they will be kicking themselves in their asses in the future for not doing so. And BTW no spires to reach it. To the roof or GTFO..
I agree.

Although it looks about ~900 ish in the above rendering but it's hard to tell.

The 800 foot/60 story figure (if even correct at all) could have been referring to occupied height?

We shall see...

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 3:54 PM
BANNED

It is a nice looking building, and the crown looks great.

But it looks like 850' at best which, i mean, c'mon.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 3:54 PM

Yeah at 800 feet, from some angles this wont look any taller than WPE. And a spire on this would make it look like the very ugly Comcast tech center in Phily. That thing looks like a pack of cigs with one sticking out half way.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:13 PM

On Spyguy's latest, I count 66 floors of glass on the tower (22 sets of 3 floors with dark bands in between), not counting the crown or all the lobby floors.
There's at least 6 floors of lobby/mezzanine and at least 3 floors equivalent of crown.

So call it 75 stories. Office is ~12-13ft per floor right? So something like 900-975ft.

Maybe rgarri4 can match his model to that rendering and tell us what that comes out as?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
That thing looks like a pack of cigs with one sticking out half way.
An homage to Sears?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:24 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
On Spyguy's latest, I count 66 floors of glass on the tower (22 sets of 3 floors with dark bands in between), not counting the crown or all the lobby floors.
There's at least 6 floors of lobby/mezzanine and at least 3 floors equivalent of crown.

So call it 75 stories. Office is ~12-13ft per floor right? So something like 900-975ft.

Maybe rgarri4 can match his model to that rendering and tell us what that comes out as?
I think it's more than that actually..You're right that it's about 75 stories, but if you continue the line of the top of Wolf Point East, it hits WPS right at the mech. floors, and I counted 28 floors above that. Assuming the low end at 12'/floor, that comes out to 336' above WPE, which is 679' at last check (right?), so 679'+336' = 1,015', and I think the top 3-4 floors of the crown may actually be taller. But again, this is pure speculation until we see an elevation with actual heights.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:29 PM
BANNED

I hope you guys are right. Anything 950' or over will make a substantial impact.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:32 PM
devout Pizzatarian

it's also entirely possible that it could just be an older rendering from before the project was allegedly chopped down to the 800' range.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 5:10 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
it's also entirely possible that it could just be an older rendering from before the project was allegedly chopped down to the 800' range.
Could be, although I've never seen it before.

spyguy, where did you find this rendering?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 5:40 PM

there's also no video board

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
Yea. It's gotta be an old rendering.

I mean, has Salesforce even officially inked the deal with Hines? You won't get any new renderings until the deal is made official. Either way, the rendering posted makes it look around the same height as WPE. Which is a cryin' shame because it really won't stand out at all. Aren't all the highrises at that cluster of the river around 600-800 ft?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 7:32 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolch View Post
Yea. It's gotta be an old rendering.

I mean, has Salesforce even officially inked the deal with Hines? You won't get any new renderings until the deal is made official. Either way, the rendering posted makes it look around the same height as WPE. Which is a cryin' shame because it really won't stand out at all. Aren't all the highrises at that cluster of the river around 600-800 ft?
It's just the angle, WPE is well in the foreground with the roof angled up. If you follow the roof angle towards the side of WPS you'll see it's about 2 or 3 hundred feet shy.

It's hard to tell exactly how tall it is but it's well taller than WPE in any case.

Then again, like everyone's been saying the rendering may be outdated.

Last edited by Zapatan; Oct 15, 2018 at 8:11 PM. Reason: typo

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 12:03 AM

I'm pretty sure this is an old rendering. Part of me hopes it isn't old because it looks like a 1000 footer, but part of me doesn't like how tired the design is, well from this angle that is. The Comcast Tower comment was spot on... I miss the old design with the spire, felt like a modern supertall version of the NBC tower

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 12:40 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I'm pretty sure this is an old rendering. Part of me hopes it isn't old because it looks like a 1000 footer, but part of me doesn't like how tired the design is, well from this angle that is. The Comcast Tower comment was spot on... I miss the old design with the spire, felt like a modern supertall version of the NBC tower
The date on the photo says 8/15/17. Don't know if that means the original photo or the render.

4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 12:45 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post
The date on the photo says 8/15/17. Don't know if that means the original photo or the render.
Either way it's an old design in that case.

Kind of a shame, I really like it. 60 stories of modern office space though would usually end up at least 800 feet. If the figure is referring to the top occupied floor we could still have an 850+ footer. It's a let down, especially considering the potential of that site, but still nice for the area.

If something like Tribune and the other supertall proposals end up happening I think it'll make up for the loss of height on this tower.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:53 AM

I counted 66 floors of office space. So it’s 69 stories instead of 75? That’s 828’ to 897’.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction