HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 4:38 PM
Future God

This project will truly be a game changer for downtown Nashville... and with 505 being built just a block north, 5th Ave. will never be the same!! Can't wait to see this one start to rise.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 4:40 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post

Another rendering of the 5+BROAD development shows the entrance to the National Museum of African American Music (NMAAM) directly across from America's number one, and most historic, music venue, the Ryman Auditorium.

Note the pic of Jimi Hendrix on the entrance. He got his start in Nashville.

Also, note the surface of Fifth Avenue which has a continuous grade, including sidewalks. Beautiful downtown project!!

Bump!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 6, 2019 at 2:37 AM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 5:12 PM

Must be Thursday. More (Mid-rise) news.

We knew a little about this, but did not have a rendering or firm details. Good infill for Midtown. Just a block from St. Thomas Midtown Hospital.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 9:04 PM

???

Does anyone know what is going on at 1st Ave S. and KWV across from the Ascend? There is a massive amount of earthmoving going on in front of the
brick thermal plant and it is over the entire site. Is this part of those nasty designs for the Rolling Mill Hill shown late last year? They were underwhelming
at best if so.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 10:33 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
Does anyone know what is going on at 1st Ave S. and KWV across from the Ascend? There is a massive amount of earthmoving going on in front of the
brick thermal plant and it is over the entire site. Is this part of those nasty designs for the Rolling Mill Hill shown late last year? They were underwhelming
at best if so.
Hmm... well, I read somewhere that the parking lot that was to replace the parking lots getting dug up for that project, was starting today, so maybe it's that? I'm not sure... doesn't seem like they'd put it there though.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Must be Thursday. More (Mid-rise) news.

We knew a little about this, but did not have a rendering or firm details. Good infill for Midtown. Just a block from St. Thomas Midtown Hospital.

Are you sure it's a Hyatt Place and not a Hyatt House? Because that's what it looks like in the picture.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 5:38 PM

Excavations underway?

I noticed yesterday that rock excavation work was underway at 2 hotel sites that are still listed as "proposed". The Holiday Inn hotel at 4th & Peabody is already excavated down 2 floors below street level and the Hilton site at 5th & Peabody has begun drilling for blasting too. Neither of them has yet been remarked as having broken ground yet. The Joseoh and Margaritaville are supposed to begin excavations in May, so there are a lot of holes being made in those two blocks. Also the demolition of the old Women's Rescue Mission is nearly completed, so I expect work to begin on those 2 hotels soon too.

Curtain wall glazing has begun on the J. W. Marriott tower and the floor forming is proceeding quite rapidly. Lots going on!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 3:40 AM

Does anyone have any updated photos of the 505 CST Project? I saw a YouTube video for a local TV Station after news of Megan Barry's Light Rall line reached STL. The news had a little view of the skyline from the East and 505 looks taller than the AT&T Building. Just wondering if the height changed because it looks significantly higher. I have a screenshot of it on my Twitter Account if anyone would like to see since I can't upload a photo from my camera roll. My account is (@chris_stritzel)

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stritzel View Post
Does anyone have any updated photos of the 505 CST Project? I saw a YouTube video for a local TV Station after news of Megan Barry's Light Rall line reached STL. The news had a little view of the skyline from the East and 505 looks taller than the AT&T Building. Just wondering if the height changed because it looks significantly higher. I have a screenshot of it on my Twitter Account if anyone would like to see since I can't upload a photo from my camera roll. My account is (@chris_stritzel)
AT&T is the taller tower with its spires, but the roof of 505 will be higher than the roof of AT&T. 505 also sits at a higher elevation. It will appear taller from many angles. Here's a recent live cam shot.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 6:03 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Great shot!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 12:54 PM

Love how each building is vastly different from all of the others.

Very eclectic.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
AT&T is the taller tower with its spires, but the roof of 505 will be higher than the roof of AT&T. 505 also sits at a higher elevation. It will appear taller from many angles. Here's a recent live cam shot.

What website is this video still from?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 7:19 PM

There is still ALOT to be done with this project, but I am working on it. I created a website just for developments in Nashville. Once I am done working on it, the .weebly goes away, and it becomes official

http://buildingnashville.weebly.com

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stritzel View Post
What website is this video still from?
I didn't personally save the still, but I'm pretty certain it's from the Adventure Science Center live cam.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 1:29 PM

Some information on the scope and schedule of the proposed Embassy Suites/Hilton Curio Hotel across from the Music City (Convention) Center from the architect's website at LKArchitecture.

EmbassySuites
30 stories
506 Rooms

Hilton Curio
18 Stories
215 Rooms

Scheduled to start Summer of 2017!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 6, 2019 at 2:46 AM.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 4:14 PM
Future God

Wow...I continue to be stunned by this Embassy Suites. I have never seen one as tall or as nice. When I heard there was one going on that lot I was quite bummed, to be honest, because I envisioned one of their squatty beige boxes. Boy was I wrong!!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 9:38 PM
Member since 2001

Will that be the largest Embassy Suites in the world by number of rooms?

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 1:58 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
Will that be the largest Embassy Suites in the world by number of rooms?
According to their wikipedia page, it will be just six rooms short of being the largest. The tallest and largest in the world is in Niagara Falls, Ontario at 42 stories with 512 rooms. Who knew!?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 1:05 PM

A comparison between the 2011 and current NASHVILLE skylines (from VSRJ on UP)...

...and likely three years from now....

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 2:15 PM

Keep in mind the photo's above showing the comparison from 2011 to current and then out to 2020 do not include the Gulch area, which has significantly changed the skyline as well. Plus you have new developments for the Gulch that will add density and height to the skyline. We don't know the height of the Hyatt that will be built at 10th/Broadway, but many suspect it will be in the 25 to 30 story range unless they decide to go with a mid rise hotel that stretches down 10th as opposed to fronting Broadway. The proposed Buckingham Tower at 12th/Division is supposed to be 38 stories. And, the Endeavor at 12th/Broadway, which is approved will be 27 stories. So each of those buildings will extend the skyline westward and upward even more than it is today.

I wonder if the Omni developers are regretting not building a taller tower in SoBro. Eventually it will be blocked at every angle if developers continue with 20+ story buildings in that area. Of all the hotel properties, that one should have been the first to go over 30 stories simply because they are the marquee hotel for the convention center and they had the opportunity to do a design so much more significant than what they built. To keep from getting lost they added light elements to stand out, but that won't be enough to sustain their visibility as SoBro grows taller and denser.

I'm still hoping someone will take the first step to shift the skyline southward in SoBro like the Chicago developer planned to do but pulled out. Adding multiple high rises along the edge of SoBro will give more depth to the skyline from that angle and it will stretch the skyline when approaching from the east. I want to see peeks of the skyline over some of the hills as you drive into downtown and then have various vistas to take it all in as you drive around the loop. Right now the only area in which you don't get any skyline view is the northwestern part of the loop from Jefferson Street around to Rosa Parks Blvd.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations