HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 6:34 PM

HOUSTON | One Parkside | FT | 13 FLOORS

Project: One Parkside

Quote:
More than two years ago, Houston-based Hines inked a deal to build an office tower in the parking lot of Houston’s First Baptist Church. The building was never developed, and now another local developer is proposing a similar project.

Midway announced plans Monday for One Parkside, a 13-story tower with 225,000 square feet of office space on nearly 4 acres adjacent to the church at 7401 Katy Freeway. The company said it has started looking for tenants to pre-lease space in the building, which will also include a 10-story parking garage and a 2,000 square-foot cafe on the ground floor.

The site is at the southwest intersection of Interstate 10 and the 610 Loop.
http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...to-megachurch/

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 9:40 PM

I hope those new supertalls are built in downtown Dallas, they would male awesome additions to the skyline.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 10:47 PM
Meh

AUSTIN | 48 East | 370 FEET | 33 FLOORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Here are those elevations from Kevin's link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
New renderings featuring a different design have surfaced online.

http://stgdesign.com/portfolio/in-pr...-family-tower/

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Sep 16, 2015, 9:39 PM

Cool AUSTIN | Block 87 | FT | FLOORS

Project: Block 87

*Preliminary rendering

Quote:
Episcopal Church leaders are seeking a developer to partner with them on a mixed-use project on a prime downtown Austin block.

The New York-based Episcopal Church organization owns the site, known as Block 87, which it uses as a revenue-generating parking lot. As one of the last undeveloped city blocks downtown, church officials said it provides “a historic opportunity for development.” The block is bounded by East Seventh, East Eighth, Neches and Trinity streets.

By next year, church officials say, they hope to select a developer to team with on a project on the site, which has the potential for more than 600,000 square feet of development. Church officials envision a building with office, residential, and retail uses, along with a permanent home for the church’s archives.
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/busi...emium-referral

Old Posted Sep 16, 2015, 11:07 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Project: Block 87

*Preliminary rendering

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/busi...emium-referral
I'm loving the new wave of ATX buildings like this and the Independent....they're not blue!!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2015, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
I'm loving the new wave of ATX buildings like this and the Independent....they're not blue!!
Reminds me of some high-rises in Canada -- which is not a bad thing. Unfortunately the rendering was released to show what can be done on the site. An actual render will be shown next year once the church selects a developer.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2015, 9:49 PM
Funkytown's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo View Post
also in a situation like dfw you may combine dallas and ft worth...

no!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

no!
Agreed! Ft. Worth deserves some exposure, therefore I've added it to the directory, separate from Dallas.

Chris -- I've also added in new projects that are posted to the list.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 12:14 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

Fort Worth has an awesome city flag. Somehow it makes me hungry looking at it.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 12:15 AM

FORT WORTH | Convention Center Hotel | FEET | FLOORS

Project: Fort Worth Convention Center Hotel

Quote:
Fort Worth is sending out a request to developers to submit ideas about building a 1,000 room hotel next to it’s convention center in the south end of downtown.

But that could change as Fort Worth gives the area a massive face lift. The city would straighten a bending stretch of Commerce on the east of the convention center making room for a massive, privately built, 1,000 room hotel to help keep pace with rival convention centers.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/15/c...to-fort-worth/

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 12:54 AM

Lightbulb HOUSTON | The Mondrian at The Museums | 142 FT | 8 FLOORS

Project: The Mondrian at The Museums

Quote:
A Houston developer plans to replace a former museum in the Museum District with a luxury condominium.

Oxberry Group is planning to build The Mondrian, an eight-story, 20-unit condominium project at 5104 Caroline St., on the former site of The John C. Freeman Weather Museum. The 13,000-square-foot plot — located on the southwest corner of Caroline and Palm streets — is near the Asia Society Texas Center on Southmore Boulevard.

The Mondrian, designed by the Houston and Washington, D.C., offices of Perkins + Will, will offer one- and two-story condo units averaging 3,000 square feet.

Plans for The Mondrian are scheduled to be heard by the city of Houston planning commission on Aug. 20. If plans are approved, Oxberry Group plans to demolish the 5,097-square-foot Weather Museum building — built in 1930 — and begin construction on The Mondrian in the coming months. Presales, which will be managed by Houston-based Sudhoff Cos., are expected to start in September.
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/m...o-replace.html

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 2:40 AM

Lightbulb Houston | tmc|3 | ft | floors

Project: TMC3

*This one's going to include a few high-rises (residential and hotel).

Quote:
The Texas Medical Center expansion may finally be happening. The TMC will put out RFPs in coming months in preparation of breaking ground on TMC3, which will include a convention center, hotel, retail and living space as well as a collaborative research campus. TMC is already the world’s largest medical complex, but CEO Dr. Bobby Robbins (whom we snapped, right, with COO Bill McKeon) says this will put Houston on the map to compete with London, Shanghai, Boston, San Francisco and Singapore. Dr. Robbins had announced the project last year, and reportedly already has developers willing to front the initial costs. If TMC3 kicks off this year, it’ll join a healthcare facility boom around the country, as well as a slew of projects already underway within the TMC
https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/...medium=Browser

Last edited by Urbannizer; Sep 20, 2015 at 12:21 PM.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2015, 12:20 PM

HOUSTON | San Felipe Place | 221 FT / 67 M | 17 FLOORS | Completed

Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 10:46 AM

Cool AUSTIN | 416 Congress | 332 FT | 26 FLOORS

Project: 416 Congress

*The group behind this have dust off their plans to build a hotel on top of an existing building.

6/2011:

Quote:
The call for a new hotel downtown may soon be answered with the construction of a 26-story boutique hotel at 416 Congress Ave.

The site is currently the home of a red-brick-lined building leased by Sky Lounge, a nightclub and bar. Mike McHone, the project consultant for the boutique hotel, said he, architect Jeff Krolicki and civil engineer Bradley Lingvai all share a vision to restore the building's original historical façade and create a hotel that will serve Congress Avenue both functionally and aesthetically.

With a width of only about 46 feet, McHone said seven rooms will be on each floor. The hotel's humble size though will be fitting for downtown, which lacks a boutique hotel, and has not had a new Congress Avenue hotel for over 44 years.
http://communityimpact.com/northwest...ongress-avenue

Old Posted Sep 25, 2015, 10:09 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Thanks Urbannizer for all your updates in bringing awareness of the many developments for the Lone Star state.

I'm looking forward to the Ross Perot tower and what comes out of that. I still have faith that it will be a super tall. Its just too good of an opportunity, and over 1.5 mil sq-ft, I think we may see one.

With the influx of these projects, and the inevitable residents and jobs that they will bring, by 2020 will probably see the population figures rise dramatically. Good to see people are flocking towards high rises.

On a side note, I am planning some more high rise sets and will add them in the days coming.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 7:47 AM

Omg I know I'm late but this thread is awesome!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 8:15 AM

Sunset Station Masterplan* San Antonio

http://www.goodyclancy.com/projects/...t-master-plan/

2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 7:56 PM

Plano's Renaissance Hotel is U/C as of Sept 1. The Liberty Mutual towers will start this week also but I will keep an eye out for them when they do.

Sources:
http://www.sammoongroup.com/hospitality
http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article85391.html

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 2:53 PM

I'm so jealous of Texas

Old Posted Sep 29, 2015, 6:23 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapstone View Post
I'm so jealous of Texas
Texas is on fire. The amount of high rises its churning out continues at a high volume, and quick frequency. I remember reading something like 9% growth for Dallas, which is incredible for a U.S. city. Its been growing rapidly for years, along with Austin, and even Houston. Whatever they are doing down there for jobs, and to attract new residents, its working! We need some Texas magic in NJ. While NYC and its proxies are growing fast, the rest of the state is not on par. Hell, I wish my county had 2% growth, and even that is asking too much. What is growing is the deer population in Somerset county, but people, eh, the high prices make it almost like a gated community. Same folks, no change.

Now, what I hope to see from the lone star state are several super talls proposals moving on to contruction and some bullet trains. Add that, and I might move there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations