HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 3:45 PM

Timbad FTW!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 6:30 PM

La Maison - Between Howard & Folsom on 10th St.

The wraps are off & this one is almost ready for occupancy. It is across from the former St. Joseph CC which is being remodeled as an office space.

I don't find this as bad architecture. It is like so many other new buildings in San Francisco. Nothing new here.

There is more development coming to this block.

La Maison - between Howard & Foslom Streets by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
The wraps are off & this one is almost ready for occupancy. It is across from the former St. Joseph CC which is being remodeled as an office space.

I don't find this as bad architecture.
I like it a lot more than I like most of the new smaller residential buildings.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 5:55 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I like it a lot more than I like most of the new smaller residential buildings.
I was going to say the same thing.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 2:54 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I think it looks quite nice!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Impact of Giants’ Massive Mission Rock Development Revealed
April 27, 2017

The Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) and refined plans for the San Francisco Giants’ proposed 28-acre Mission Rock project, which is slated to rise up to 240 feet in height on the Port of San Francisco’s Seawall Lot 337 (a.k.a. Giants Parking Lot A), have just been released along with a few new renderings and perspectives.

At full build-out, the proposed development will now yield up to 1,600 units of housing; up to 1.6 million square feet of office, retail and commercial space; 3,100 parking spaces (including a new parking garage at the southern end of the project); and 8 acres of new or redeveloped public space/parks, including a redesigned China Basin Park at the northern edge of the site, with a great lawn, play area and new plaza . . . .

If approved, construction is currently projected to begin by the end of the year and be phased through 2023. And a 4,000-seat entertainment venue and hotel are now potential components of the development as well.

In terms of environmental impacts, “an adverse impact related to a substantial increase in transit delays on Third Street between Channel Street and Mission Rock Street;” additional demand on Muni’s 10 Townsend and 30 Stockton lines, which are nearing capacity; and the impact of overlapping construction with other projects in the vicinity over the next six years are projected, but plans to mitigate said impacts have been drawn . . . .

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...-revealed.html

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 7:45 PM

A new music venue?

Man, just imagine how traffic will be when all major venues have an event at the same time from April-June and October...

AT&T Park: ~42,000 seats
Chase Arena: ~18,000 seats
New Music Venue: ~4,000 seats.

Total: ~68,000 people (For events ONLY, not including residential, commercial, office)

Where will we all park? The new 3,100 parking garage won't fit everyone.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
A new music venue?

Man, just imagine how traffic will be when all major venues have an event at the same time from April-June and October...

AT&T Park: ~42,000 seats
Chase Arena: ~18,000 seats
New Music Venue: ~4,000 seats.

Total: ~68,000 people (For events ONLY, not including residential, commercial, office)

Can't imagine it being any worse than when Giants and Niners played at the same time when Candlestick was still around --- ~over 100,000 people all on the east side of town. And besides, the public transit options with BART, Central Subway, Caltran, and numerous boat rides will help out. I for one usually take public transit now and it is not so bad. Anyways, SF is a very walkable town.

Last edited by observatory; Apr 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:49 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Man, just imagine how traffic will be ...

hint: it doesn't have to. why drive?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
hint: it doesn't have to. why drive?
I'm from Milpitas (50-60 min away) and I'm a huge SF Giants fan, not so much Warriors (Kings fan). So the option for me is to either drive up for a game or take BART and then take the Muni for a game.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 6:49 PM

[/url]
San Francisco panorama from Coit Tower by Alexander Kozik, on Flickr

Thanks to JuanPaulo on another forum.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 3:14 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
I'm from Milpitas (50-60 min away) and I'm a huge SF Giants fan, not so much Warriors (Kings fan). So the option for me is to either drive up for a game or take BART and then take the Muni for a game.
A lot of us take the BART, Muni, Caltrain, etc every day for work. It is far superior to suffering the traffic.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
After misguided and unproductive delays, Supervisor Katy Tang’s “HOME-SF” legislation is back. The legislation would add homes along transit corridors in the City’s outlying neighborhoods. The legislation would also include 30 percent subsidized housing, specifically targeting families, teachers, firefighters, first responders and middle-income workers. One of the requirements of HOME-SF is for projects to include “family-friendly” housing; 40 percent of the homes must two-bedrooms or more. This legislation was formerly known as the Affordable Housing Bonus Program (AHBP). The mixed-income portion was delayed last year while the City passed the 100-percent affordable component.

Critical to this conversation is the state’s density bonus program, which was first used in San Francisco late last year. The state’s program will continue to be a tool to build more housing, but it’s critical that San Francisco create a local program that delivers more value to the City. Several key characteristics of the plan include:
- No displacement of existing residents. You can NOT use the program on any site that currently has housing, regardless whether it’s rent control or not;
- Does NOT apply in any area plans, such as the Eastern Neighborhoods, Market-Octavio, Rincon Hill, Transbay or Balboa Park Area Plans;
- 18 month notification for small businesses, better than the zero business protections that exist under the state’s density bonus program;
- The AMI levels match the SFHAC supported inclusionary legislation proposed by Supervisors Safai, Breed and Tang.

All in all, the SFHAC couldn’t be more thrilled to help push Supervisor Tang’s legislation . . . .
http://www.sfhac.org/lets-take-home-...s-finish-line/

To help, click on the link and sign their petition. Then join SFHAC (SF Housing ction Coalition) and help build more housing of all types, including market rate, in SF.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:03 AM
heavy user of walkability

just to check in: low-level activity at the Schlage Lock site recently (but this isn't supposed to get going full-speed until next year)

and the office building on Brannan and almost Fourth is getting some glass on its backside along Bluxome

the Brannan side

City from the Bay

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:27 PM

Changing Skyline

This view is from the 27th floor of the Essex Fox Plaza. When the 2nd tallest building is built, Oceanwide, it will be even more awesome.

View From the 27th Floor of the Essex Fox Plaza by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:50 PM
REAL Kiwi!

^^Very nice!

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 3:19 AM

To Jerry of San Fran : I so very jealous... Yes Oceanwide will make it even more awesome... and then parcel F (is that still on to be 806 feet tall?)

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 12:41 AM

Not a building but the new Central Subway--a new set of photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/municentralsubway/page1

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 4:09 AM

Parcel F

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCitySFO View Post
To Jerry of San Fran : I so very jealous... Yes Oceanwide will make it even more awesome... and then parcel F (is that still on to be 806 feet tall?)
The Parcel F forum shows it as proposed as 806 feet but I don't see any definite conclusion on the height.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 5:34 PM

Great pics of the central subway progress. Amazing how large some of those spaces are.

I can't believe that don't have this running all the way to north beach though. Seems short sighted considering how many tourists stay down that way near fisherman's wharf and they like to go to union square and vice versa. Not that I wouldn't recommend a stroll through chinatown to get there but from a mass transit point of view it seems strange to stop it where they are.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations