HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinpenguin View Post

Here is a rendering of Fairbourne Station in West Valley. The 9 story office building in the middle will break ground early next year and developed by Wasatch Properties. It will have a skybridge connecting it to the 7 story parking garage which will be located east of the current apartment building. The parking garage will have 10,000 sq ft. of ground floor retail. In the rendering is also the new West Valley City Public Safety Building. The office building closest to the Traxx line is conceptual and would go where the current US Bank and current Public Safety Building sit.
Nice. I noticed a new rendering when I drove by. It makes me happy to see you guys/gals are on top of it.

I’m excited for this

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 4:26 PM

Overstock.com

I don't think this was ever posted.

http://www.edaarch.com/projects/comm.../overstock-com

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 4:45 PM

Midvale Senior Center

One of the coolest buildings that I've seen recently.

http://www.edaarch.com/projects/civi...-senior-center

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 12:41 PM

Wow, Midvale is coming up in the world. I think that probably puts the Beverly Hills Senior Center to shame...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 1:41 AM
Ironweed

Envision Utah came out with some informative information. The Trib also published something just recently about how decision makers want the point to look like. Here are the results:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...-panel-agreed/

This is a mild rendition. I am leery. Population is expected to increase in the county down south dramatically. What is to keep stakeholders from making the prison area into a full blown downtown, and the surrounding areas endless suburban sprawl?

What are your thoughts?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 6:28 AM

It’s the only large remaining tract of undeveloped land between two rapidly growing major metropolitan areas. The development of this site is inevitable, and as much as I think we’d all prefer to keep the development in downtown SLC or even Provo, economically, geographically, logistically, demographically, and transportation wise, this site is the center of all of that. (Or future center)

The traffic through that corridor is set to grow exponentially in the coming decades, as it’s the only major access between the two counties. Utah county will have 1.6 million residents by 2060, and Salt lake county 1.7. Nearly all of that growth will be centered in southern Salt Lake County and Northern Utah Valley. That’s well over a million people centered on that single corridor...

I guess the question is, should they capitalize on this growth and do it right while they have the chance? (Since it’s going to be done anyways) or simply more sprawl and keep good development in the city centers...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
Envision Utah came out with some informative information. The Trib also published something just recently about how decision makers want the point to look like. Here are the results:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...-panel-agreed/

This is a mild rendition. I am leery. Population is expected to increase in the county down south dramatically. What is to keep stakeholders from making the prison area into a full blown downtown, and the surrounding areas endless suburban sprawl?

What are your thoughts?
I think this is tragic for downtown Salt Lake City. I think this all started because of the microchip plant out there. Now, all the tech companies are locating there.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 7:44 AM

If they don't do something like this, it will just end up as sprawl. Instead of bemoaning the impact it could have on SLC (which I don't necessarily agree with), we should encourage the cities and developers to make that development as good as possible.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Ex-Superfund site now one of fastest-growing neighborhoods

And is basically built all the way out now. Salt Lake's at that point size-wise where it's basically filling in any swaths of open land within 5 years.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I think this is tragic for downtown Salt Lake City. I think this all started because of the microchip plant out there. Now, all the tech companies are locating there.
I think it has way more to do with two huge universities there (enrollment wise). Almost all the companies in Lehi were formed in Utah County.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 12:37 AM

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 6:12 PM

Pluralsight is buliding their HQ in Draper, check out the animation in the link below,

http://kutv.com/news/local/utahs-plu...ters-in-draper

Last edited by JMK; Feb 12, 2018 at 8:45 PM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 8:02 PM

^^^
Attractive building. Interesting how they're relocating from the new Station Park area to the Silicon Slopes. Certainly there would have been plenty of available business parks for their expansion in the Farmington/Davis area. It does speak volumes about the congregating of businesses in the Lehi/Draper area. I can't remember the name of the group, but a few years ago there were plans for a large upscale hotel to be built just south of this upcoming Pluralsight headquarters. I imagine it won't be too much longer before the timing will be right for that hotel to begin construction.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 8:06 PM

Speaking of the Prestige Project, Has anyone had the opportunity to attend a show at the new Hale Center Theater yet? I was reading about it, and was very impressed.

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltlake.com/

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 12:37 AM

There is a TRU by Hilton being built directly to the east of Top Golf

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 6:21 AM

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...on+for+Web.pdf

Detailed renderings and site plans are around page 100 of the presentation for those of you who are interested.

I’m not sure if this was ever posted, but here is the detailed presentation for the point of the mountain/prison project. Quite a bit more is going on than I thought. This includes the fast-tracking of Light Rail from herriman/daybreak to the Draper front runner station, and then down through the prison site to connect with the future blue line extension to Orem. Also, they are looking into adding a second front runner station between draper and Lehi, as well as preserving the corridor for front runner to split off in the narrows and run through Saratoga Springs and into eagle mountain. 2 new BRT Lines are proposed as well, one running to downtown Sandy and the other from the Draper station along the future boulevard that will connect the site to Lehi/Saratoga Springs through the narrows. I’m quite impressed with the fact that only one major road addition (the new boulevard) is being proposed, in comparison to two new light rail lines, two new bus rapid transit lines, a potential new front runner line, as well as other public transportation improvements.

The overall site layout seems pretty detailed according to the many renderings and site plans. I’m curious as to if this is legitimately the planned layout? Or just an idea of what it could be. It seems quite a bit more dense that I think most people expected.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 2:48 AM

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Wasteland View Post
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...on+for+Web.pdf

Detailed renderings and site plans are around page 100 of the presentation for those of you who are interested.

I’m not sure if this was ever posted, but here is the detailed presentation for the point of the mountain/prison project. Quite a bit more is going on than I thought. This includes the fast-tracking of Light Rail from herriman/daybreak to the Draper front runner station, and then down through the prison site to connect with the future blue line extension to Orem. Also, they are looking into adding a second front runner station between draper and Lehi, as well as preserving the corridor for front runner to split off in the narrows and run through Saratoga Springs and into eagle mountain. 2 new BRT Lines are proposed as well, one running to downtown Sandy and the other from the Draper station along the future boulevard that will connect the site to Lehi/Saratoga Springs through the narrows. I’m quite impressed with the fact that only one major road addition (the new boulevard) is being proposed, in comparison to two new light rail lines, two new bus rapid transit lines, a potential new front runner line, as well as other public transportation improvements.

The overall site layout seems pretty detailed according to the many renderings and site plans. I’m curious as to if this is legitimately the planned layout? Or just an idea of what it could be. It seems quite a bit more dense that I think most people expected.
Thank you for sharing. It reminds me of the renderings they have done to show what could be of the Gateway And neighboring Districts in the core area.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
Thank you for sharing. It reminds me of the renderings they have done to show what could be of the Gateway And neighboring Districts in the core area.
This moving in the right direction with the mixed use and transit so closely integrated, but it still is largely committed to the euclidean zoning principles that I think should be abandoned. Again, still better than what would have been designed 20 years ago.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 2:24 PM

This is the most recent pic I could find of the new Harmons. Looks like it's opening this Wed. Anyone going over for the grand-opening, take some pics.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West