HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Now that Main is mostly open up and back to normal (they still have some landscaping to do but the paving and sidewalk on Main is complete, I took a drive down and was surprised to see the footing for a new building in the No Frills/Home Hardware parking lot. I haven't seen any information on this and have no idea what they are building but it is nice to finally see that vast parking lot fill in some. Does anyone know what is going on there?
Yeah, it's the new NB liquor store, they wanted a street front because a lot of tourists don't see it at the current location. They won't have growlers but they told me that they might have something else for wine...we'll see, it's supposed to open in March if I'm not mistaken.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 12:38 PM

Update on highway construction. Paving of the base coat on the traffic circle and all roads leading to it is now complete. Overhead signs have all been installed. They continue to work on installing lighting, interestingly, the lights on the traffic circle are up and working while the ones leading to and from the highway have yet to be turned on, this is probably because they are still installing new ones. Hopefully they will have the traffic circle open by the end of the week or early next week.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 12:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They're cutting it close. Maybe 10 cm of snow on Saturday. There is the possibility of a major storm on Monday.......

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 2:26 PM

The DOT likes to live dangerously

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

They're cutting it close. Maybe 10 cm of snow on Saturday. There is the possibility of a major storm on Monday.......
They have to know they've been working on borrowed time since November 1st really. That it has paid off has been a miracle in itself.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 4:28 PM

I was on the NB DOT Website and they were originally supposed to start the detours/ final phase on Aug 25 th (or so) and be done the last Friday of November. This was indicated in the original traffic advisory. This was pushed back two weeks and the traffic chaos did not start until the Monday after Labour day. So if they do get caught, There is no one to blame but themselves (NB DOT).

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 3:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Big dust-up in Shediac Cape!!

Construction begins on controversial Shediac Bridge condos, despite lawsuit
Residents seek court injunction for waterfront project they say violates decades-old agreement
By Gabrielle Fahmy, CBC News Posted: Dec 13, 2017 6:00 AM AT| Last Updated: Dec 13, 2017 6:00 AM AT
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ondo-1.4442699

Quote:
Construction began last month on a controversial $8 million condo project in Shediac Bridge, despite a legal battle between the developers and residents of Indian Point, who say the project violates a decades-old covenant.

Residents are now seeking an injunction to stop the work, and the matter will be heard in Moncton court on Dec. 19.

The project is for a 33-unit, three-storey waterfront condo building bordering Route 134, right before the bridge at the mouth of the Shediac River.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Big dust-up in Shediac Cape!!

Construction begins on controversial Shediac Bridge condos, despite lawsuit
Residents seek court injunction for waterfront project they say violates decades-old agreement
By Gabrielle Fahmy, CBC News Posted: Dec 13, 2017 6:00 AM AT| Last Updated: Dec 13, 2017 6:00 AM AT
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ondo-1.4442699

[img]https://i.cbc.ca/1.4444719.151310219.../httpImage/ima
ge.JPG_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/indian-point-condo.JPG[/img]
This is indeed the project I was talking about previously they where in the process of selling the cotages, and demoliting the motel at the time.

1. I was wondering why I had not heard anything since.
2. If there was a decades ol deal in place 1. was it verbal, or written, and 2.
was it with this curent land owner.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 12:05 PM

Condo issue

Bylaws state that structures cannot be over 11m tall. The condos being built are three times that height. No wonder they are asking the courts to halt construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
This is indeed the project I was talking about previously they where in the process of selling the cotages, and demoliting the motel at the time.

1. I was wondering why I had not heard anything since.
2. If there was a decades ol deal in place 1. was it verbal, or written, and 2.
was it with this curent land owner.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 12:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Maximum allowed height is 3.35M (11 ft), not 11 metres.

Also. this is a covenant, not a bylaw, and the property has changed hands a couple of times since the covenant was issued. I don't know if the current owner was informed of the covenant or what the enforceability of the covenant is after change of property ownership........

It'll be one for the courts.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 12:54 PM

The article says that the clause had dissapeared from the last sales contract in 2011, I dont see how the 5th previous owner can still have influence on what is going on now. It will be an interesting decision.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 3:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, have they stopped work on the roundabout and 11/15 interchange project for the winter???

If so, that's a shame since they were so close to finishing.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 3:57 PM

Quote:
So, have they stopped work on the roundabout and 11/15 interchange project for the winter???

If so, that's a shame since they were so close to finishing.
They were still working on it this morning, it is hard to see where they are working because it is on the Scoudouc ramp side. I had hoped they would have it open this morning but it is still not done...maybe next week

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 6:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A new $3.1M family crisis centre is to be built on Calder St. in Shediac. Opening will be next fall.

T&T photo

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 1:40 AM

Quote:
A new $3.1M family crisis centre is to be built on Calder St. in Shediac. Opening will be next fall.

T&T photo
I'm hopping it's going to be built on the empty lot behind the Jean Coutu Pharmacy.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 3:56 PM

The Roundabout is supposed to open tomorrow according to a post on the town of Shediac facebook page.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
The Roundabout is supposed to open tomorrow according to a post on the town of Shediac facebook page.
Awesome news.

A Moncton Court judge has denied the indjunction to stop work on the Shediac Bridge condo project.

It seems the owner is willing to work with the residents but the same can't be said the other way around.
From what has been said residents did not talk to the owner about there concerns, and went directly the legal route to try, and stop a project that is legally being built from everything I have seen.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 8:07 PM

News Release
Transportation and Infrastructure
Newly twinned section of Route 11 now open
21 December 2017
SHEDIAC (GNB) – The newly twinned section of Route 11, between Route 15 and Shediac River, officially opened to traffic today.

“Your government is committed to investing in strategic infrastructure renewal to improve the safety and efficiency of our transportation network,” said Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Bill Fraser. “Route 11 is an important trade corridor in the eastern part of New Brunswick. This upgrade will support economic development in the region.”

The federal and provincial governments invested a total of $64.8 million in the project. The 6.8-kilometre, four-lane controlled access highway bypass includes a new interchange, as well as a new grade separation and modifications to three existing interchanges.

Reconfiguration of the Route 15/Route 132 interchange in Scoudouc to a diamond interchange will take place in 2018.

“The Government of Canada recognizes that strategic investments in transportation infrastructure help improve traffic flow along vital highway corridors,” said Fisheries, Oceans and Canadian Coast Guard Minister Dominic LeBlanc. “This important Route 11 improvement project will allow Shediac residents to spend less time on the road and more time with their families. It will also make it easier for businesses to get their goods to market.”

LeBlanc spoke on behalf of Infrastructure and Communities Minister Amarjeet Sohi.

Strategic investments in infrastructure are a key component of the New Brunswick Economic Growth Plan, the province’s framework for growing the economy and creating jobs.

21-12-17

more >

Media Contact(s)
Jeremy Trevors, communications, Department of Transportation and Infrastructure, 506-444-5211, jeremy.trevors@gnb.ca.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 11:56 PM

I drove on the roundabout today unintentionally while heading to PEI, let’s just say that the new routes are a little confusing. When you are heading towards shediac, especially in the dark, the signs show 2 lanes to pei and 2 lanes to shediac/miramichi, the only problem is if you stay in the centre lane you will end up heading to the miramichi, because the centre lane has a weird v section where either follow the proper curved road which leads you north, or you can just quickly veer right towards PEI. If you stay in the right lane, PEI is no problem, but if you don’t, good luck swerving right at the last second when you realize the lane you are in doesn’t take you where it says.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I drove on the roundabout today unintentionally while heading to PEI, let’s just say that the new routes are a little confusing. When you are heading towards shediac, especially in the dark, the signs show 2 lanes to pei and 2 lanes to shediac/miramichi, the only problem is if you stay in the centre lane you will end up heading to the miramichi, because the centre lane has a weird v section where either follow the proper curved road which leads you north, or you can just quickly veer right towards PEI. If you stay in the right lane, PEI is no problem, but if you don’t, good luck swerving right at the last second when you realize the lane you are in doesn’t take you where it says.
The interchange at the intersection of routes 1 and 2 has a similar weird "split". I've never seen this anywhere else. In every other province I've driven in with this type of highway split, the centre lane gradually widens giving you plenty of time to commit to either direction. I was also surprised to see no large pylon lighting as such large interchanges usually have. Instead there are a few short street lights over a very short distance at Moncton-bound merger of 11 and 15, and they don't even extending to the end of the merge lane!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces