HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:01 AM

Surrey has a couple 24 hour shoppers - not fair and one close in Langley

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
Let me guess, the only corporations you support, to be unique, are Apple and Starbucks?
No. But companies like Walmart I hate. I also don't like Superstore, but that's on a more local level, here they have crappy service and are always so dirty, I don't know if it's like that in Vancouver. Starbucks is okay...I guess...but IMO far far overrated. Not everyone, but I've seen a few people in there act like total coffee snobs, when they're just trying to look cool. Real coffee snobs IMO for the most part go to indie coffee shops. I'm not too into coffee shops anyways, but the Java Express is nice, I think you guys have one in Van. I support more of indie places (even if they carry brands like a clothing store) rather than chains. I would rather eat at Famoso, Chianti's, Route 99, or Mucho Burrito (some of these are small chains) than Boston Pizza, earl's and Tony Roma's. I understand if you have no idea what some of those restaurant's are. Apple is a lot better IMO than Microsoft OVERALL, but I can't really afford the Apple gear, besides Microsoft Windows works. My favourite coffee chain is Second Cup though.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 3:13 AM

the RCSS here are quite nice - but the service is lacking - they have like 20 cashiers and only 5 open most times

they have been adding self scan and thats quicker - but from what i have seen they have a cashier person hanging over you while you do it - kind of defeats the purpose??

I kinda agree wal-mart has some swarmy practices but it is a business not a charity or do gooder - they have taken steps to secure and dominate and its worked well

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 6:27 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
the RCSS here are quite nice - but the service is lacking - they have like 20 cashiers and only 5 open most times

they have been adding self scan and thats quicker - but from what i have seen they have a cashier person hanging over you while you do it - kind of defeats the purpose??

I kinda agree wal-mart has some swarmy practices but it is a business not a charity or do gooder - they have taken steps to secure and dominate and its worked well
they do have the cashier there in case there is any sort of difficulty operating the machines (IE: bar code doesn't read, you have a coupon, you double scanned something...). Though, unless I'm in a serious hurry, or don't feel like standing in line, I prefer the regular cashiers.

As for which of the 7 Metro Vancouver Wal-Mart's could go 24/7, I could see the new one on Grandview, Lougheed Mall, Guildford, and Capilano making the switch. However, I do hope it starts a revolution in box retail hours. Other stores that should follow suit with Wal-Mart going 24/7 are Canadian Tire, Safeway, Real Canadian Superstore, Sobeys/IGA, Save On Foods, London Drugs, and Shoppers Drug Mart. While we're at it, a few more 24 hour fast food restaurants would be nice.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy