HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 4:58 PM
Ω

I'm so glad this building will have a spire. A return to form.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 4:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
I'm so glad this building will have a spire. A return to form.
Yes, yes, and yes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVaXWtD...lleyterracotta

Quote:
some of the smaller pieces needed to fit the puzzle perfectly to create the unitized #terracotta curtainwalls for One Vanderbilt.

Remembering what's coming...

https://inhabitat.com/nyc/one-vander...breaks-ground/

Every time I see this angle, I'm reminded that Chase is planning something just as big. Better be just as nice.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 23, 2018 at 4:28 AM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 1:02 AM

I would love to see Chase try to upstage this building. One Vanderbilt will be magnificent.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 4:46 AM

The facade is going to be gorgeous. And the building has a nice shape. With a base that kindly opens sight lines to GCT, though it is needlessly busy. That anglely tumor on the south side is just... Why? Clean it up KPF! Go see how Norman Foster does a lobby at 425 Park Ave. And I still don't like the top, though it seems much better now, ironically, after they shortened the building. It just works better now.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 8:47 PM
Ω

I like the angled ceiling at the base. It's a symbolic gesture to Grand Central. And it will let a ton of light into the lobby.
And the angle is a motif carried throughout the building (we see it in the facade details, at the crown, etc.)

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying with the busyness now. Yeah, it could be cleaner. I suppose that has to do with the required program (the bank and spaces above) and accessible ramps needed.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 1:03 AM

The detail and design is awesome, especially for the area. The deck is going to have amazing views of the detail of the chrysler. This area, with the zoning, is ripe for a huge boom for office space.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:55 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Making its mark. Thing is massive.

Manhattan by Quentin Pom, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 5:49 AM
BANNED

The tower has a decent crown.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
The tower has a decent crown.
It does. Although in a perfect world, this structure would extend into the 1,800 or 1,900 foot range. Especially on this site.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 5:06 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 7:58 AM

liking the taper that's already evident . .
hope this one makes it up to 1401 ft. safely intact . .
if not soon . .

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 1:29 AM

From Friday :

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 3:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjr101 View Post
I would love to see Chase try to upstage this building. One Vanderbilt will be magnificent.
Me too. I hope they pull out all the stops and give us something very different. No boxes please. vandy's a nice tower and all but it's not something that really sets me alight with excitement.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 4:17 AM

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 3:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 10:29 PM
Mr. Technology

One Vanderbilt will do for 42nd street what Bank of America didn’t; compliment the magestic Chrysler building.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Me too. I hope they pull out all the stops and give us something very different. No boxes please. vandy's a nice tower and all but it's not something that really sets me alight with excitement.
Not to get too off topic but where is the Chase location? Also any designs/specs yet or all just conjecture at this point?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 2:29 AM

wow i cant believe its already this high!!! forgot to check on it in a few months.

I see the skyline from Maspeth, Ridgewood Bushwick Wburg Gpoint area alot and LIC and the midtown skyline is really filling in amazingly!! When i was a kid there were always big areas to fill in, now its all filling in and going higher. I mean we got two supertalls topping around the same time now, 30 Hudson and Tower Verre soon, and then Nordstrom and that other crazy thin one is making a new central park skyline!
If there is more 500ft + built below 23 st pretty soon the skyline will look like 1 continuous megacity from Central Park skyline all the way downtown!!
When you drive over the Greenpoint Ave bridge thats how it looks like right now already, except it includes the LIC skyline to your most right, then all of manhattan then ends left with downtown brooklyn, its likes it encircles you

this is a great site, i check on it every few months for about 20 years now, thanks for the forum pics and thoughts and diagrams, still some original posters here like NYguy i remember from way back even before 2001 wtc attacks and i was on here alot reading posts to deal with it, what a dark time. How much the city has changed

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 2:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
Not to get too off topic but where is the Chase location? Also any designs/specs yet or all just conjecture at this point?
At the site of the current Chase HQ which is to be demolished. No, no designs yet, just people wishcasting.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 3:09 AM

Quote:
At the site of the current Chase HQ which is to be demolished. No, no designs yet, just people wishcasting.

which is just to the north of this tower by a few blocks.

this is the "Vanderbilt Corridor" Chase's HQ is the two-pronged building just to the north of site 1282, fronting Park and Madison. One Vanderbilt is site 1277.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive