HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
I'm not convinced it was poor planning. People drink coffee in morning, right? They have to get to work in morning. Women wear heels, they don't walk far in heels. Everyone is in a hurry, no time to walk far. Poor planning that they didn't look at parking situation maybe. On the other hand, people go to Flying Saucer to lounge and get drunk, they aren't heading to work, they are heading for a DWI after running over some pedestrians.
In the morning there's empty parking spaces all over the place at the Triangle.

The only time we typically have trouble parking right on the 'street' that runs in front of where KBC was is if we don't get there early enough for dinner on a busy night (Farmers Market or weekend nights). Lunch is never a problem; and in the morning it's practically empty.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1EK View Post
In the morning there's empty parking spaces all over the place at the Triangle.

The only time we typically have trouble parking right on the 'street' that runs in front of where KBC was is if we don't get there early enough for dinner on a busy night (Farmers Market or weekend nights). Lunch is never a problem; and in the morning it's practically empty.
I have yet to observe or live in a development like this (I've lived in several) where apartment tenants did not park in these spaces over night. I would not be surprised that if you observe the parking situation at 6-7:00AM that spaces are full. If you look at 9-10:00am, when apartment residents have gone to work, then I'm sure they are empty.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 6:25 PM

Quote:
I have yet to observe or live in a development like this (I've lived in several) where apartment tenants did not park in these spaces over night. I would not be surprised that if you observe the parking situation at 6-7:00AM that spaces are full. If you look at 9-10:00am, when apartment residents have gone to work, then I'm sure they are empty.
Haven't been there at 6 AM, but I doubt it - just because those spaces are probably at their fullest when the apartment people are starting to go to bed - because of the Flying Saucer crowd, for instance.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 7:53 AM

Quote:
I live at the Triangle, and the lot always has tons of empty spots overnight.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrius View Post
I live at the Triangle, and the lot always has tons of empty spots overnight.
Does that mean the coffee shop's excuse is bogus?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin