HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I am not a huge Carr fan too many drops and receivers are pretty easy to replace with the thousands of u.s. college programs. I hope Fantuz goes to Toronto since he is a good guy to market around in T.O. with Fantuz flakes and all. 100TH Grey Cup should be awesome though they sold 10,000 tickets in the first 21 hours and the system crashed. There will be a CFL film festival like the Toronto International film fest which is awesome and they combined the Santa Claus parade with the Grey Cup parade which will provide more recognition to the league in T.O.
I don't recall Greg Carr putting a ton of footballs on the turf. He's the biggest threat we have right now. Terrence Edwards is a great player, but he can't carry the load. He's an excellent second banana, but Carr produces matchup problems the likes of which nobody else on our team can create. 6'6 receivers with legitimately soft hands and skill don't grow on trees. You do not let arguably your most dynamic offensive piece walk away without putting in a competitive bid. He's one of the best short-side wideouts north of the border.

Every rookie you bring in has no experience. Rookies are for rebuilding teams, not for a team looking to win a ring. Greg Carr is young, and if we are lucky isn't going anywhere. He's only going to get better, and already is our best redzone threat through the air (big, reliable target, who creates separation and wins 50/50 balls). To write him off as easily replaceable is nuts.

Last edited by Boreal; Dec 13, 2011 at 6:27 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada