HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 9, 2015, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Sounds like this will get caught up in bureaucracy and never happen. Really hope it does though. I think this would do wonders for all the cities it touches. A stop in downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix would be so cool and really spark additional development. This could energize the warehouse district downtown!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2015, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Sounds like this will get caught up in bureaucracy and never happen. Really hope it does though. I think this would do wonders for all the cities it touches. A stop in downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix would be so cool and really spark additional development. This could energize the warehouse district downtown!
I think this will be very expensive but will pay off years down the road as the density of Southern Arizona continues to increase.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 6:05 AM

ADOT proposes rail line connecting Phoenix and Tucson

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/arizona-news/19849937-story

Quote:
ADOT says the rail line would have an express service, which would have only a few stops between the two cities, and a local service, which would make several more stops.
Let the speculation begin.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 6:10 AM

ADOT begins knocking down homes for Loop 202 expansion

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/arizona-news/12613924-story

Quote:
"The place is a ghost town, and there are just a few isolated people who are left, and it's heartbreaking to see those houses torn down," said Sherry Woodring.

The first home being taken down has upset some neighbors.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 6:24 AM

Glendale committee studies best way to bring light rail into downtown among resident

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ears/71894654/

Glendale committee studies best way to bring light rail into downtown among resident fears

Quote:
Lifelong Glendale resident Bobby Casares has been sounding the alarm that a light-rail route along Lamar Road, one block south of Glendale Avenue, would destroy a barrio that has been home to generations of Hispanic families. Other routes north of Glendale Avenue would go through neighborhoods with historic homes and the Glendale Landmark Middle School, he said.
Let the speculation begin.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 1:41 PM

Light Rail Through Papago

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b...cottsdale.html

What a garbage proposal. This needs to go down Scottsdale Rd if it ever happens. Going through the park will do nothing to drive economic development.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 4:33 PM

Quote:

What a garbage proposal. This needs to go down Scottsdale Rd if it ever happens. Going through the park will do nothing to drive economic development.
Was just going to post this.

It would be a waste of a line, Unless Scottsdale suddenly changes its attitude its foolish to make a dead end line to the city border and hope they one day build an extension.

Right up Scottsdale road would be better its a wide road with plenty of room to put in light rail lines.

(although if Scottsdale would be willing to go all the way I wouldn't be against going through the park as a cheaper alternative before jutting to sky song and up to old town.)

Stops: Marina Heights, Playa Del Norte, Mkellips, McDowell, Thomas, and loop around Goldwater/Drinkwater or something like that.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Stops: Marina Heights, Playa Del Norte, Mkellips, McDowell, Thomas, and loop around Goldwater/Drinkwater or something like that.
YES. The first two stops there make so much sense and would do wonders for the ASU Athletic District development. I'd even throw a stop in at 6th and Rural.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2015, 3:13 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:

What's amazing is that the advocate of this proposal opposed Proposition 104. During the campaign, he posted anti-104 comments in response to numerous articles in a variety of local publications. Now that 104 has passed, he wants to claim some of its revenue for his own pet project.

Last edited by exit2lef; Sep 19, 2015 at 1:04 PM.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2015, 4:25 AM
Skyriser

That guy's proposal for a light rail to Scottsdale has *some* merit--Valley Metro does not want to build another bridge across the Salt River. Reconstructing the Scottsdale Rd bridge across the Salt for light rail would be an absolute traffic nightmare.

If light rail is going to happen on Scottsdale Rd, it should probably connect on Curry without a bridge across the river instead of plodding across Papago Park to McDowell or going south before north like an impossible Scottsdale Rd bridge.

A light rail train traversing through the lightly developed parkland on Curry would certainly define transit in the Phoenix area and have no lights delaying commuters.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2015, 4:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah! They have go on via Rural Rd/Scottsdale Rd instead. That's not right! They cannot go stadium, Phoenix Zoo and etc. they didn't go further north on Rural Rd/Scottsdale Rd.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 6:47 PM

Quote:

While the Scottsdale Rd. route is the best option, do you think a route through Papago Park would help spur some development/interest/traffic in to the park. I know there was talk awhile back about making PP more of a "destination".

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 7:07 PM
Skyriser

^ I was looking at the maps the other day and wish there was more consideration given to using the barely-in-use freight rail right-of-way/utility corridor that extends south from what is now Macayo's Depot Cantina to 56th St/Chandler Blvd.

Light rail in that corridor would be stupid fast and take a *lot* of pressure of I-10 that might not be relieved with a Scottsdale Rd LRT (really, there ought to be both, but I doubt Tempe has that money...)

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ I was looking at the maps the other day and wish there was more consideration given to using the barely-in-use freight rail right-of-way/utility corridor that extends south from what is now Macayo's Depot Cantina to 56th St/Chandler Blvd.

Light rail in that corridor would be stupid fast and take a *lot* of pressure of I-10 that might not be relieved with a Scottsdale Rd LRT (really, there ought to be both, but I doubt Tempe has that money...)

^ that rout is currently one of the alternatives for the commuter train

However I prefer the yellow rout that goes out to Queen Creek and then south through Florence/Coolidge as that services the most people metro wise and would help to funnel suburbanites to the core for work and entertainment.

the Valley is shaped like a figure 8 so an X is the best model to connect everything.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 8:04 PM
Skyriser

^ Not anymore!

That corridor was removed from *all* considerations in the latest update.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...oute/71883962/

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 8:23 PM

Quote:
^ Not anymore!

That corridor was removed from *all* considerations in the latest update.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...oute/71883962/
Come on! yellow rout!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Come on! yellow rout!
Yeah!! You can do it!! Come on AZDOT!! We need it.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 4:29 AM

Papago Line

Quote:

I actually think it would be a fantastic line if Scottsdale would pick it up on the north side of the park run it to Sky Song then north up Scottsdale road all the way to Fashion Square. Big win, win. The Sun Devils benefit the Zoo and the Botanical Garden huge win.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 6:52 AM

Quote:
That guy's proposal for a light rail to Scottsdale has *some* merit--Valley Metro does not want to build another bridge across the Salt River. Reconstructing the Scottsdale Rd bridge across the Salt for light rail would be an absolute traffic nightmare.

If light rail is going to happen on Scottsdale Rd, it should probably connect on Curry without a bridge across the river instead of plodding across Papago Park to McDowell or going south before north like an impossible Scottsdale Rd bridge.

A light rail train traversing through the lightly developed parkland on Curry would certainly define transit in the Phoenix area and have no lights delaying commuters.
Yes, that's we are talking about. I am talking about future light rail expansion. They want to bring light rail to Scottsdale, but it would not be expensive. No, they won't be build another bridge. I think they have kept the current bridge. There is no needing to build another bridge. 1 bridge is enough.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 10:42 PM

Valley Metro is at again! They could go on strike

http://www.12news.com/story/news/loc...ible/73080956/

Valley Metro is at yet again!! They could go on strike again. This is third time. I can't stand it!!! I hear enough!

Good riddance to Valley Metro!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest