HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 9:45 PM
Kicking it Viking style..

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer808 View Post
Fantastic, I've always wanted to go to Dubai! Are you allowed to fly drones there by any chance? I"ve been to several countries with my drone but wasn't sure about the rules for Dubai. It would certainly be a dream come true to check out that country!
I don't know for sure - what I know was that it was illegal ( sharia law ) for me and my girlfriend to share a hotel room, it was illegal for us to hold hands, for us to kiss, for her to show knees and shoulders, for us to swear and for me to question religion and the monarchy and of course ( allah forbid ) for us to have sex..

None of that stopped us, so I say go for it as long as you don't put people or property at risk - they are so focussed on tourist money they seem to only enforce laws on the slave workers and business people in debt, so as long as you are discreet and don't bug people and keep away from government buildings and such I see little risk.

I didn't see any drones in the air while there, but they were selling them at the malls in large amounts, so I would expect them to be commonly used

There's certainly plenty of barren areas right next to highlights that would be legal for drone operation by most nations laws..

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos