HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 3:45 PM

A lot more garbage on our streets this year!

Is it me or there is a lot more garbage on our streets this year?

Look at Cheapside, Fanshawe Pkway, Oxford, pretty much any high volume street. There is so much garbage floating on street curbs, sidewalks, grass, trees.

It looks real bad! I have never seen it this bad.
Maybe it is the weather, maybe the people became more rude and careless.
Whatever it is, what can it be done? We can not change the weather, but we can lead by example and not throw garbage on our streets! Educate by example!!! The city should play a role here too with more cleaning (put the snow removal people to work by running those sweeping machines, since they were not as busy these year!) also release educative messages to the citizens, to not litter.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 2:00 AM

It is ignorance and people who don't care about anyone but themselves. People will toss their cup out their car window rather then carry it to a garbage can at their destination. Or throw their bag of fast food packaging out or leave it in the parking lot rather then carry to a garbage can. Laziness, sloth and stupidity is rampant. Education program should feature video of real people littering. Maybe some shame will teach people to respect the streets of our city.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 8:22 PM

It's always most evident at this time of year. The snow has melted and the grass is dead and not long enough to hide it. They'll do the annual cleanups in April and it will look fine again.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:24 PM
User Registered

Yep that in addition to the April rains and street cleaners.

Video Link

My Simcity Stuff

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy