HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

OnePlace Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Tulsa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 26, 2011, 4:23 PM

TULSA | Cimarex Tower @ One Place | 238FT | 18 Floors

One Place is a $100million, mixed use development, having ground floor retail in Downtown Tulsa just east of the BOK Arena. The ground breaking for the Cimarex Tower portion of the development was 6/24/11. The Northwest Mutual building is due to begin construction later in the year.

Flintco along with Bart Boatright will be doing the construction.
Miles+Associates, architects

I will post the new renderings as soon as they become available. Here is a massing diagram of the development.

A Tulsa Metro Chamber article... 6/24/2011

Downtown Tulsa’s skyline is set to have a new addition. Developers broke ground today on the 18-story One Place Tower. The tower is situated in a prominent location directly in front of the iconic BOK Center. The nearly one-third million square feet of office space is 100 percent leased with additional retail and restaurants space located on the ground floor.....

http://ww3.tulsachamber.com/news/327...-breaks-ground

Here is a photo by me to get some downtown context. This is looking to the east from the main entrance of the BOK Center arena. The parking lot with all the cars is where the One Place development will be. What I really like about this development will be how you will now be able to exit the BOK Center after an event and there will be restaurants and such right there, or you can have dinner and do some shopping before a concert or event. This development will go a long way to connecting the arena to the central core of downtown.

Last edited by WilliamTheArtist; Jun 26, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2011, 12:08 AM
Website Manager

Looking forward to the rendering!

DB entry - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=96678

Old Posted Jul 11, 2011, 5:59 AM

Awesome that you posted this Artsist! I also can't wait to see the renderings.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 12:59 PM

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 1:09 PM

While I'm glad to see that SOMETHING is moving along on this block after so much up and down on it, i'm pretty dissapointed in the final design there. They're stucco looking blah boring stuff. For that size block, a much better design that could integreate all of the structures would have lent itself to a much more creative design. This sucker looks like it would blend in with all the stuff in South Tulsa....suburban doctor's offices. And with BOK Center so close, it's even more sad to see something so boring.

But on the good side, keeping business in downtown is a great thing.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 2:14 AM

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 7:59 AM

The rendering reminds me a lot of Robinson Plaza in downtown OKC, but this is much taller, nice addition to Tulsa!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 12:07 AM

very uninspiring design. Looks like a 1980s hospital.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 AM
Chairman

It is good to hear about development news from Tulsa. However the design resembles more of a prison built in an urban environment.

-sb

Last edited by shakman; Jun 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 1:47 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I guess they can't all be sexy...looks like something that belongs in Memphis.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 12:59 PM

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/oneplacetower

Bout half way there on the Cimarex Tower (thought the height will actually be taller for the lower floors are short parking garage levels). If you run the time lapse video you can also see the 5 story Northwest Mutual building going up right behind (actually in front of) the Cimarex Tower. Fortunately the smaller one fronting the Arena is actually more pedestrian friendly with restaurants and retail slated to go in. The vacant lot just to the left of these buildings is to hold two more towers, one for a hotel tower and the other for living. Those will also be more pedestrian friendly. The street just to the right of the Cimarex Tower in the cam image is basically a wasteland, pedestrian friendly wise, with large parking structures etc., but the street to the left, that will have the pedestrian friendly buildings connects to the more pedestrian friendly core of downtown and will help connect the Arena to that area. Not the optimal scenario, but not the worst lol.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheArtist View Post
http://oxblue.com/pro/open/oneplacetower

Bout half way there on the Cimarex Tower (thought the height will actually be taller for the lower floors are short parking garage levels). If you run the time lapse video you can also see the 5 story Northwest Mutual building going up right behind (actually in front of) the Cimarex Tower. Fortunately the smaller one fronting the Arena is actually more pedestrian friendly with restaurants and retail slated to go in. The vacant lot just to the left of these buildings is to hold two more towers, one for a hotel tower and the other for living. Those will also be more pedestrian friendly. The street just to the right of the Cimarex Tower in the cam image is basically a wasteland, pedestrian friendly wise, with large parking structures etc., but the street to the left, that will have the pedestrian friendly buildings connects to the more pedestrian friendly core of downtown and will help connect the Arena to that area. Not the optimal scenario, but not the worst lol.
Are there anymore planned highrises/skyscrapers for Tulsa ?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
Are there anymore planned highrises/skyscrapers for Tulsa ?
Not that I know of other than the ones with this development. There are a lot of smaller 5-10 story type developments going on. Down the street from where I live is a large hospital expansion of about 8 stories and a bank that is at least 5 stories. Downtown a few blocks from this Cimarex/One Place development is an area called the Brady Arts District. A new, large loft/apartment project just finished up there, a new hotel is going in right across from that, a block over are several new museum and arts facilities, across from that is a new park with an amphitheater and geothermal wells to help the arts facilities, then right by that is a new TV studio building, then there are more new restaurants and such. Then a couple blocks down on the same street some new urban housing is going in. Construction going on everywhere you look in that area and lots more housing going in aaall over downtown in new construction and old. By the end of the year we should also have two new downtown grocery stores finished up as well.

I myself am working on an Art Deco Museum in downtown Tulsa. Currently working on our big fundraiser event thats going on this weekend. (or should be instead of being on here lol) www.TulsaArtDecoMuseum.com Just about sold out, only 4 tickets left if anyone is in town!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 8:40 PM

arki, just for putting the idea in their heads, i'm going to spank you. actually, i happy that tulsa is keeping the buildings downtown, as one poster stated; however, i thought of peabody place (although i think it is prettier) when i saw the rendering. it isn't ugly, but it seems to be a bit squatty and big bodied. perhaps a 20 story, w/ a smaller floor plate, would have looked much better. nevertheless, congrats, tulsa, memphis still reigns queen over the 12 to 18 stories, a title that looks like will never be broken.

i wrote a city official the other day and actually told him, after he asked me what questions were most often heard by me concerning memphis. i replied that i had never had to explain where memphis was located, or things of that nature. i told him the number one question regarding memphis is, "why is memphis so big but has such a small downtown?" we got a good laugh out of it, but i told him, if he doubted it, go to these various forums about cities, facts, fiction, comments, etc., and he would see for himself. later, he agreed that he had been asked that question more than a few times over the year, particularly, w/ the Renaissance of the city proper.

ark, i don't really know how to post pics, but bill cobb has some great ones of the peabody place tower, if you know if it can be posted---i'm sure you know technically how to do it.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 8:37 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Completed:

via Google Maps

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive