HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 5:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroFanatic View Post
Right, and if you play for the Blazers you'll just go to jail.
Yeah they'll go to jail, since Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andre Miller, Greg Oden, Rudy Renandez, Steve Blake, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Pryzbilla, Nicolas Batum are all thugs... (sarcasm)

MetroFanatic shows how much he knows...

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 9:11 AM
Closed account

Well, as a Jazz fan, all I ever do all the time is reminisce on the past... therefore, Portland Jail Blazers are all thugs.

What's that Wesley Matthews, you really don't like playing in Utah because it's small and there are Mormons everywhere? That's a shame, as a rookie you should be grateful you're even in the NBA... there are many athletes out there who really wish they were in your shoes.

Last edited by MetroFanatic; Nov 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 10:59 AM

[/QUOTE]They should give Carlos Loozer ProActiv and put him on those commercials. Is he black, white or a Mexican? I cant tell... [/QUOTE]

Does it matter?

Please have some respect and dignity and respect for the forum, and yourself for that matter. The blazers are a good team no doubt but when you start to add irrelevant things to try and bring down a team it reflects on your maturity.

Utah
conf titles 2
8 Div titles
23 playoff berths

Blazers
1 champ
3 conf titles
4 div titles
27 playoff berths

Denver
6 Div titles
20 playoff berths

Id say if your looking from the standpoint of the past and history our teams are fairly even. Looking in the now I still predict a dog fight for the title. Please stop with the trolling

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 4:50 PM
BANNED

Like I said, Jazz are and will be 4th behind OKC, they just lost to the Thunder. Looks like my prediction will be true.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 5:48 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Well guess who lost last night to Oklahoma at home? Yep you got it. Our pathetic Utah Spazz.

Utah Jazz=Failure.
Real Salt Lake=Championship.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 1:34 AM

RSL= 8th seeded team that finished the season with a losing record.

Not so different than the Jazz, truth be told.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bro View Post
Probably Westen Conference Finals. Last year they were the only team that DID NOT have a losing record to the Lakers. They went 2-2. We all know how the Jazz play against the Lakers, so I'll keep them out of this for your own good, Jazz fans.

Do you think the Jazz GM will ever get off his lazy a$$ and stop HIS team from declining? My guess, probably not.

The problem with all Jazz fans, the Jazz front office, the Jazz coach is that they are all still stuck in the Johnny S. and Karli Malone era and still living in the past. They Think that Deron Williams is the next savior or saver of the Jazz. Step outside of Utah and ask a knowledgeable person who knows basketball and ask them who the top 5 PGs are in the NBA, and Deron "A.I." Williams is not mentioned.

The BIGGEST problem with the Jazz organization is that they still stick to the roster that they had 5 years ago. They have trust, hope, and think that the Jazz will finally get their break and get a championship. It will never happen. Ever single off season, the Jazz stand around and do nothing while you have almost every single team making changes, trades, and (smart) extensions to improve their team. Hell, OKC, Sacramento and Minnesota are making changes to improve, and the Jazz, well they are not.

I still cannot believe the Jazz matched Portland's offer on Paul Millsap. It was called toxic for a reason. I dont see how a team (jazz) have the 2nd highest salary and yet the are a .500 team with no team leader and have no bright future, and have no intention to make serious changes.

Jazz fans and the organization think they can get rid of Boozer and get a BIG name player like maybe Richard Hamilton, Bosh or Amare. The problem with this is, NO NBA player wants to live or play in Utah. It's cold, not a lot of diversity, SLC is not a major or big city, they have no future, the Jazz team has no chemistry, you have to live with a lot of mormons, etc. This is a fact because all you Jazz fans saw what happened to Derick Fisher. He got out of Utah when he saw his oportunity, and I do not blame him at all.
Not that you have any credibility with things you say, here or in real life I'd venture, but saying players don't want to play for Utah because it's cold? Man, that's one of the stupidest things you've ever said, and that's saying A LOT. How about New York, Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. Hell, Portland is cloudy and dreary a lot of the time. I think players look at money, as well as a good organization, coach, and team, when making decisions, though obviously market size does go into it sometimes. But how is the league's biggest market doing player-wise these days?

Salt Lake is obviously a 'major' and 'big' city, or they wouldn't even have an NBA team.

Diversity? Well, Portland's second largest race (white being first) comprises 8% of their population. Salt Lake's? 21%. If Salt Lake isn't diverse I don't see how Portland is. So yeah...just...be smarter.

www.UtahProjects.info

Last edited by TonyAnderson; Nov 26, 2009 at 7:33 AM.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 11:06 AM

DENVER FTW !!!! Denver > Portland > Jazz

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 4:59 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
RSL= 8th seeded team that finished the season with a losing record.

Not so different than the Jazz, truth be told.

Only the Jazz can't win a championship no matter what seed they are. Who cares what record RSL had in the season. It just shows what a great underdog team RSL is if they go into the playoff as a 8th seed and can beat the beats teams to win the cup.
Jazz can't ever do that. It would be like them last playoffs beating the Lakers in the first round.
Truth be told that it just shows that RSL is doing something right if they can win a championship in only 5 seasons that the team has been around. How long has the Spazz been around? And what do these jokers have to show for it?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 9:09 PM

What do the Jazz have to show for it? Two finals appearances, two Western Conference championships, several division titles, 20+ years of playoff appearances and winning seasons, and one of the most fiscally successful teams in the league while being one of the smallest markets.
Yeah, we haven't got a title yet, and yes, when we do it will have been a long time coming, but come on. Some poor cities like Milwaukee or Minnesota, or even big market cities like New York have waited decades for even just a playoff appearance. That's the true test of a fan.

But hey Projects, you could join the throng of tools who call themselves Lakers fans because they can't abide a challenge. Get yourself a Kobe jersey...and a Lebron and Dwight Howard jersey just in case their teams win the title this year. Then you're covered.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 7:04 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
What do the Jazz have to show for it? Two finals appearances, two Western Conference championships, several division titles, 20+ years of playoff appearances and winning seasons, and one of the most fiscally successful teams in the league while being one of the smallest markets.
Yeah, we haven't got a title yet, and yes, when we do it will have been a long time coming, but come on. Some poor cities like Milwaukee or Minnesota, or even big market cities like New York have waited decades for even just a playoff appearance. That's the true test of a fan.

But hey Projects, you could join the throng of tools who call themselves Lakers fans because they can't abide a challenge. Get yourself a Kobe jersey...and a Lebron and Dwight Howard jersey just in case their teams win the title this year. Then you're covered.

It would be a cold day in hell before you see me put on a Kobe Jersey. I hate Kobe. And I really hate the Lakers and LA.

Sure I have given up on the Jazz, but I'm not going to jump on the band wagon of a winning team. I try to cheer on home teams such as the Bee's, RSL, Utes, ect. But the Jazz, I'm just done with them.

Yes so the Jazz do have all that. But I bet they would trade it all in just for ONE championship.

By the way Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 11:56 PM

Fair enough, Projects.
I love the Jazz and will never give up on them, so I had to defend them. But our shared loathing of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers makes us brothers.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2009, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

It would be a cold day in hell before you see me put on a Kobe Jersey. .
By that time he'll have changed his number 16 more times. And not for sales of course.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 28, 2009, 2:48 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Go Denva!!!

I am going to this Sundays game with my Manager who is from Minnesota and a Timberwolves fan! This is going to be fun to get drunk and talk trash to my manager cause his team SUCKS Monkey balls! LOL Although his Vikings are rock solid. More than I can say for my Broncos....

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2009, 10:05 PM

You never know, the Nuggets don't really seem interested in playing defense any more. Minnesota could win.

"I should be floating but I'm weighted by thinking"

Old Posted Nov 29, 2009, 3:52 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!

Really? Who needs defense when the offense is killin it! And you have the Leagues #1 Scorer!!!

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2009, 4:19 AM

Um....

I love offense. Don't misunderstand. As a fan of the game of basketball, there is little more I enjoy than games like last night's crazy marathon of scoring. There was a 30 point, a 40 point and 50 point scorer. It was way fun.

But I also like seeing the home team win championships. And defense wins championships. I want to see the Nuggets and Billups bring one home.

"I should be floating but I'm weighted by thinking"

Old Posted Nov 29, 2009, 7:54 PM

Greenbro's been banned right? Well, it's for the best, but it's a shame he's not here to have the Jazz's victory over Portland rubbed in his face.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 3:44 AM

Well, let's hope we got our one full scale meltdown out of the way for the season. That was embarrassing.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 4:36 AM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsaz View Post
You never know, the Nuggets don't really seem interested in playing defense any more. Minnesota could win.
The Nugget's defensive efficiency rating per 100 points scored is middle of the pack. Their offense is well into the top 10 (perhaps top 5). It's fair to say they should continue to improve both defensively and offensively as the season progresses.

They have the skill to be top 10 efficiency per 100 points in both offense and defense. They were last season and they do appear to be playing at a higher level this season.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West