HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeatl77 View Post
It's coming along! Feel free to chime in if see any inaccuracies or missing developments in the city.

http://devmap.io/cities/buffalo/developments
I added the 15 unit development on franklin north of allen a week or two ago and it hasn't shown up. Yeah.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedious View Post
I added the 15 unit development on franklin north of allen a week or two ago and it hasn't shown up. Yeah.
Looks like it was updated.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 3:30 PM

Sinatra continues to roll along Main Street. Sixty units plus commercial space for the Allied Storage bldg. at 1665 Main.

http://buffalorising.com/2014/12/fil...r-main-street/

Old Posted Dec 24, 2014, 5:29 AM

Preliminary design for Benderson's Donovan Block building at Main/Scott:

Old Posted Dec 25, 2014, 10:01 PM
The Cat's Meow

Merry Christmas everyone! Some photos from around town yesterday. Unfortunately photo bucket reduces the quality quite a bit. I will be uploading some better quality versions to Wikipedia shortly:

770 Elmwood

One Canalside

HarborCenter

250 Delaware Ave

and an angle less seen:

Old Posted Dec 27, 2014, 5:48 AM

It looks like the HARBORCENTER tower portion is going to be OK- I like the light green glass better than the blue shown in their rendering:

Elevation of Turner Brothers Lofts on Niagara- will be a big improvement for a downtown gateway:

Old Posted Jan 5, 2015, 3:07 PM

Last year's projects.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 9:59 PM

Uniland's 520 Ellicott Street planned at Ellicott/E. Tupper on site of Frey the Wheelman properties. 24,000 sq.ft., three-level office building.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 3:26 AM
welcome to the madness

That's a good upgrade for that corner. I like the way the area between downtown and the med center is coming to life.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Bolivar View Post
That's a good upgrade for that corner. I like the way the area between downtown and the med center is coming to life.
I agree- this area is mostly low-rise and it fits in.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 7:49 PM
welcome to the madness

Anyone want to throw in their two cents on the stadium report? I personally prefer cobblestone over the other two locations because Cobblestone has never emerged as a proper neighborhood--most of it is already surface parking--losing it may actually be helpful to the surrounding areas. I dislike the Exchange Street location because it breaks up more of Seneca Street, which if developed carefully, could become an important mid density spine from Coca-Cola Field to the Larkin District and maybe eventually to Seneca-Babcock. I really dislike the Ohio Street location--having walked down there in the winter and hung out in Riverfest Park in the summer, this area has huge potential as another Larkinville. It's also mostly owned by Paladino, so it's a big wildcard, especially if BMHA does get its act together in regards to the Commodore Perry projects. Whatever happens, my hope/pipe dream is that the Pegulas will throw in $1 billions toward the stadium, other developers and players such as the Jacobs family will throw in a second billion for a Star Market (Boston) or Ball Park Village (St. Louis) type development around the three sports venues, finally leveraging the state/city/county to throw another billion at infrastructure, especially rail--both light rail and Amtrak, increasing pedestrian access, and river/water access. This goes without saying that the 190 and affected ramps will also have to be modified. Any thoughts beyond "sports venues are a waste of money" anyone?

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 5:37 AM

I just don't see a lot of spin off development happening from a stadium. So if its' football only and open air, the farther from downtown proper the better. Thus, I like South Park/Ohio. Light rail needs to extend east to connect that location to the parking downtown. Paladino owns a lot of that site and I can't see Cuomo 'rewarding' him if he's still in office. Pegula probably will want to move quickly on a new stadium because Cuomo seems likely to help fund it- the next governor may not be so friendly. Also, the longer he waits, the pricier the stadium will be.

Exchange is interesting but I agree, losing more of Seneca really blows the dream of connecting Larkin to downtown. My hunch is they underestimated the acquisition for that site- most is owned by James Sandoro and the auto museum.

Cobblestone is the best site, but Perry needs to stay open. I hate the idea of the Bills playing in a dome though. I'd be more supportive of a dome at Cobblestone if they put a convention center on the HSBC lots to the north of the stadium.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 6:56 PM

WCP, you read my mind with that last sentence. I've been telling everyone I know for years that the giant parking lots behind HSBC between Scott and Perry would be ideal for a new convention center. Also, there is precedent for this in Seattle and Indianapolis, where in both cities when they built new stadiums that used the opportunity to also build new convention centers as part of the development. I work in Lafayette square and I would personally help tear down the old convention center on my lunch breaks.

I am torn on the Bills playing in a dome but in order to make the venue a site that can be used year round outside of just 8-10 days a year for football (including preseason) it has to have some type of roof. At the very least they could make it retractable similar to the stadiums in Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullymon54 View Post
WCP, you read my mind with that last sentence. I've been telling everyone I know for years that the giant parking lots behind HSBC between Scott and Perry would be ideal for a new convention center. Also, there is precedent for this in Seattle and Indianapolis, where in both cities when they built new stadiums that used the opportunity to also build new convention centers as part of the development. I work in Lafayette square and I would personally help tear down the old convention center on my lunch breaks.

I am torn on the Bills playing in a dome but in order to make the venue a site that can be used year round outside of just 8-10 days a year for football (including preseason) it has to have some type of roof. At the very least they could make it retractable similar to the stadiums in Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.
Retractable is the way to go- though it probably raises the price by $200mil. I've heard there is already a preliminary design for a Cobblestone site stadium.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2015, 1:51 AM
The Cat's Meow

If the stadium does go cobblestone, I hope a push is made to demo and redevelop most of the Perry projects.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate4Now View Post
If the stadium does go cobblestone, I hope a push is made to demo and redevelop most of the Perry projects.
Don't count on it, they're already rallying to oppose the South Park site. I'd be OK with the redo plans for Perry. The design for the new housing is good.

http://www.bmhapcn.com/proposed-development

Old Posted Feb 15, 2015, 9:56 PM
seriously

Seems like the cobblestone site would be a very tight fit for a stadium. If they did choose that site I have a feeling a lot of streets will be removed and the cobblestone district will be cutoff from traffic. Having one small strip of historic buildings wedged between a hockey arena and a football stadium could kill any business that wants customers year-round when there aren't games playing.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 8:49 PM

http://www.ecidany.com/budc-riverbend
any update on riverbend??
this website is oldish (2014)
is this the one where Solarcity is building?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven=11 View Post
http://www.ecidany.com/budc-riverbend
any update on riverbend??
this website is oldish (2014)
is this the one where Solarcity is building?
It's under construction and opening early next year

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 6:13 AM

Nine new townhouses in Waterfront Village by Ellicott Development; four are pre-sold. Prices for the two and three-bedroom units are $500-$650k.

Last edited by westcoastperspective; Jul 9, 2015 at 1:50 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations