HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 2:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
The Motel 6 should soon be converting to Quailty Inn. I don't don't remember when but I'm pretty sure my source told me December.
This was confirmed today in the T&T

We're certainly in the winter doldrums right now in terms of development news and gossip. Hopefully things will pick up in the new year........

Old Posted Jan 2, 2015, 12:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is a new tenant in the former Tak's Thai Kitchen on Mountain road. Apparently a new Chinese Restaurant (Yang Ming) has moved in there.
Yang Ming has bitten the dust. Not a surprise really - no advertising and no customers. I think it was a shoestring family operation.

The building will not be empty though. Happy Sushi, an all you can eat buffet is set to open soon.

The number of sushi places in town is starting to get out of control.......

Old Posted Jan 2, 2015, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Yang Ming has bitten the dust. Not a surprise really - no advertising and no customers. I think it was a shoestring family operation.

The building will not be empty though. Happy Sushi, an all you can eat buffet is set to open soon.

Sushi buffet? That seems... wrong. And yes... sushi is going gangbusters here. The downtown ones (even across the street from each other) seem to be doing OK. Always people in there.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 5:14 PM

Hastings Ridge Plaza is getting two new tenants next to Metro Sound & Speech Center. One is an insurance company and next to that will be a Tattoo & Piercings Shop. Contractors are currently doing the interior work on both business's.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 5:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tattoos and piercings!?!

Gawd, they're really trawling the bottom of the barrel there. This type of business seems so out of character with the quality of the development and the existing tenants. I think if I was the owner of Hasting's Ridge I would have refused to lease them the space on pure principle......

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 6:09 PM

Quote:

Tattoos and piercings!?!

Gawd, they're really trawling the bottom of the barrel there. This type of business seems so out of character with the quality of the development and the existing tenants.

I think if I was the owner of Hasting's Ridge I would have refused to lease them the space on pure principle......
What principals are those? Sounds odd to assume that this business and its clientele would somehow be beneath the high moral standing of this particular strip mall development. Also, I think you're significantly underestimating the amount of suburbinite-soccer-moms who have tattoos. Might fit right in with the neighborhood.

Sorry MonctonRad, but this has to be one of your funnier posts.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 7:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Just showing my age I guess.......

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 7:11 PM

Tats may be "mainstream" now, but I don't think we're yet at the place where a parlour pushes a strip-mall farther upscale.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 8:39 PM

Quote:

Tattoos and piercings!?!

Gawd, they're really trawling the bottom of the barrel there. This type of business seems so out of character with the quality of the development and the existing tenants. I think if I was the owner of Hasting's Ridge I would have refused to lease them the space on pure principle......
I am sure the owner of Hasting's Ridge do not care what moves in as long as they keep up the standards of the plaza and pay the rent. I have a couple of tat's and I would much more prefer to go to a nicer and cleaner tattoo shop than some of the other shops in town.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2015, 12:22 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

Fuji Happy Sushi all you can eat buffet is now open. There were even cars in the parking lot!!

Old Posted Jan 21, 2015, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Fuji Happy Sushi all you can eat buffet is now open. There were even cars in the parking lot!!
My wife and I tried it last night. They have really good sushi made with quality ingredients, but they are very disorganized at making sure the orders go to the right tables. Hopefully these are just bugs that will be ironed out over time. If not they will become just another failed restaurant in that location.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 4:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Two Fat Guys reviewed Fuji Happy Sushi in the paper today. They gave it a provisional "two thumbs up" and said they would be back.........

Old Posted Feb 8, 2015, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
Hastings Ridge Plaza is getting two new tenants next to Metro Sound & Speech Center. One is an insurance company and next to that will be a Tattoo & Piercings Shop. Contractors are currently doing the interior work on both business's.
The insurance company moving into Hastings Ridge Plaza is Cooke Insurance.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 1:45 AM

Maple Leaf Queen's Buffet on Mountain Road is Now Open for business.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 3:58 AM

Since it's a slow time of year around here, I came up with a few idea's to generate some talk!
Repurposing of the Moncton Chrysler property and of Target. Just noticed I labeled McDonalds 2 times. They both could be potential locations for a single McDonalds in that area. Between to the Plaza Bvld location and Future Shop I have a transit centre for the north end.

Just playing with some ideas. It would be nice to have another overpass between Mapleton and Morton/Connaught

Last edited by josh_cat_eyes; Feb 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
Maple Leaf Queen's Buffet on Mountain Road is Now Open for business.
Gave it a try, it has a lot smaller selection than the place that was there before and nothing we ate was better than average. Also didn't help that at least half of what we tried was either over or under cooked... My wife commented when leaving that she thought everything was basically pre-packaged frozen food.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 9:21 PM

Hasting Ridge Moncton Retail

Someone told me they saw this discussion. I have to give you credit, your uncovering of new retail concepts at Hastings Ridge is impressive. A friend of mind is a hair stylist and they had the owners of the new "tattoo & piercing" studio present the concept to them this week. It is much more than a tattoo/piercing shop. The studio will combine multiple services male & female hair, tattoo, piercing and retail in very cool 2500 foot space. Like one of the previous comments in this discussion - the plan is to bring tattoo & piercing more mainstream. Should be a cool place

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 2:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The OMG Market in Valhaala Place on Mountain Road is apparently closing on March 2nd.

This is too bad. It was a neat concept having a neighbourhood produce market in the northwest end.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 3:58 PM

Quote:
The OMG Market in Valhaala Place on Mountain Road is apparently closing on March 2nd.

This is too bad. It was a neat concept having a neighbourhood produce market in the northwest end.
That's too bad, I know some people who get their meat, baked goods, liquor and produce all in that one stop plaza.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 1:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
That's too bad, I know some people who get their meat, baked goods, liquor and produce all in that one stop plaza.
Apparently, while the Steeves family is closing the market, they are also putting the business up for sale.

OMG Market seemed busy. Perhaps someone else will be willing to purchase the business and give it another try. Perhaps it would do better with different owners and management.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces