HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:39 PM

Last edited by nequidnimis; Oct 25, 2007 at 8:44 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
I may never leave
Which island are you on again?

Last edited by nequidnimis; Oct 25, 2007 at 8:43 PM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 9:24 PM
BANNED

I vote we start a new thread for tower 2 once it starts. This thread is getting really crowded already.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
PUERTO VALLARTA PARADISE

regards from puerto vallarta mexico

hi to everyone there, i live in puerto vallarta jalisco and i gonna take vacations on december as many oyher years i want to visit san francisco, i was there last year on december too and i don't remember that building when i take the baybridge to return to sacramento, i would like to see this building next december 14

congratulations it' a terrific building.

visit my link

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...188607&page=36
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...102006&page=17

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus1970 View Post
hi to everyone there, i live in puerto vallarta jalisco and i gonna take vacations on december as many oyher years i want to visit san francisco, i was there last year on december too and i don't remember that building when i take the baybridge to return to sacramento, i would like to see this building next december 14

congratulations it' a terrific building.

visit my link

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...188607&page=36
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...102006&page=17
Last December this building was much shorter so you might not have noticed. It is an amazing sight driving across the Bay Bridge (into SF) and the current road is right next to the building.. so close you could almost touch it! That will change in the future but it is fun to see right now. If you drive across the bridge this December, you will be able to see at least 5 new towers... this tower, the 2 Infinity towers, the Millennium tower, and 555 Mission St. Further west, you might be able to see the new Intercontinental tower and the new Federal Building.

I like your photos of the Peninsula.. the finished first tower is really nice.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
So, we're going to have the second One Rincon tower and 45 Lansing rising together within two blocks by January. That should keep us busy as the first ORH and later Millennium wrap up. Speaking of which, should we start a new thread for the second tower in January or keep using this one?

I'm liking that rendering. From the water, the second tower looks much closer to the height of the first tower since it's closer. The other renderings I've seen have been from the other side, minimizing its stature. Thanks for finding that, Tyler.
I could go either way, though I think if we decide to keep using this thread, we should probably change the name to "One Rincon Hill, Towers One & Two".

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 11:21 PM
North Beach

Sunday (10/28)

Notch one up for this guy:

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 3:21 AM
BANNED

Dave- superb pics as always. The finished crown looks actually much better than I imagined it would! Great building, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Thinking more about it, perhaps it would be better to keep this thread as one project for the 2nd tower and just change the title of the thread, so that outsiders can keep track and visit as well.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 3:29 PM
Only Mostly Dead

The view from 60 sure doesn't look like those shots this morning. More of a white-out up there I imagine.

I agree that keeping one thread would work if we have the title changed to reflect the second tower. I actually thought it used to be that way, but I'm not sure. Can an admin fix that for us when the time comes?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 6:15 PM

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 9:19 PM
Dryer lint inspector

guys, back on topic please. tyler, knock it off.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 9:21 PM
devout Pizzatarian

* many posts deleted *

this thread is for news, pics, opinions and updates about the construction of SF's one rincon hill project. rants about off-topic nonsense are not allowed here.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 9:53 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd suspend anyone who continued the trolling in this thread after my last warning. Anyone else want a two-week suspension?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 11:31 PM

does anyone know when the crane will be taken down? will this crane be moved to the second tower?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 2:50 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post
does anyone know when the crane will be taken down? will this crane be moved to the second tower?
I asked the second question a few pages back, but that was before they announced the scheduled starting month for the construction of Tower Two. It seems January will mark the beginning now, so if they intend on using the same crane, it should be taken down around that time or perhaps the month after. If this is not the case however, where would they place the crane for Tower Two? Next to the freeway?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 3:32 AM
BANNED

^^^I believe the plan is still to have people moving into this tower around the end of the year or in January. That means the exterior (at least) has to be finished and they can't finish the exterior with the crane in place (there are missing glass panels where the crane attaches and so on). I'd expect it to go very shortly. It's undoubtedly rented and will go back to the renter, probably for use elsewhere. They have certainly made arrangements for another one when they need it but there will be a lot of excavating to do for tower 2 before a crane is needed--maybe a year from now (generally, the excavation is done and a concrete pad poured for the crane).

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 6:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
I asked the second question a few pages back, but that was before they announced the scheduled starting month for the construction of Tower Two. It seems January will mark the beginning now, so if they intend on using the same crane, it should be taken down around that time or perhaps the month after. If this is not the case however, where would they place the crane for Tower Two? Next to the freeway?
There should be plenty of space between Tower Two and the freeway, since it will be located near the far northeast corner of the site, diagonal from Tower One. I'm still not sure exactly where the crane will be located though.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 6:35 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Since tower two is basically the same as tower one, can we assume they would attach it in the same place? If so, it would be attached on the freeway side of the new tower. As SFView said, there would be plenty of room on that side due to the offset of the two towers.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 7:30 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Since tower two is basically the same as tower one, can we assume they would attach it in the same place? If so, it would be attached on the freeway side of the new tower. As SFView said, there would be plenty of room on that side due to the offset of the two towers.
Right, that would make the most sense to me. The only problem that I could see is the possibility of the crane knocking into Tower One when swinging around due to the limited space, but I'm sure they got that covered. The base of the crane is a no brainer, its actually the top that I was wondering about.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 4:44 AM

This picture from the 301 Mission thread shows (I think) that they're taking the crane down at ORH.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive