HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Park Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 5:59 AM

^That concept is a number of years old now and outdated.

The new proposal is for a pair of 41 & 32 storey towers. No renders yet.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 7:20 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Beq...j8kHuUkTF/view

The small sale office at Park Boulevard site is flattened ! I can also see a deep hole at the right side near the Park Place building.

At the middle upper side of this photo, there is also a deep slope dug at the King George Hub site. I wonder if they are installing sewage line or something infrastructure there ?

How do I post a photo in this site ? I have the link but it does not open the photo here....

Last edited by e-clam9; Jan 25, 2018 at 7:35 AM.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
A bad photoshop job showing the area with Hub Phase B and Park Boulevard.
I think it takes more than 20 min. to get to metrotown by skytrain....

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 5:29 PM

[QUOTE=e-clam9;8060006]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Beq...j8kHuUkTF/view

The small sale office at Park Boulevard site is flattened ! I can also see a deep hole at the right side near the Park Place building.

At the middle upper side of this photo, there is also a deep slope dug at the King George Hub site. I wonder if they are installing sewage line or something infrastructure there ?

Both those holes have been there for at least a couple of years. In the case of The Hub it was because plans got changed and everything got put on hold.

Last edited by boatman12; Jan 25, 2018 at 5:30 PM. Reason: quote not showing the way

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
That last remaining site has been under application for years - but a new application just submitted last year. If Concord is the developer, I would guess theyre not going to start until Park Boulevard is finished.. so 2020?

Current status:
https://apps.surrey.ca/Online-Develo...ar=17&seq=0363

Was just updated yesterday (Jan 22) - under preliminary review still.
I do not believe the developer is Concord unless they picked it up recently...I was looking at land titles last year and the company name was King George Financial Corp with offices downtown at 905 West Pender Street.

Concord could very well have bought shares of the company and avoided PTT and kept it under wraps however, time will tell!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbased View Post
I do not believe the developer is Concord unless they picked it up recently...I was looking at land titles last year and the company name was King George Financial Corp with offices downtown at 905 West Pender Street.

Concord could very well have bought shares of the company and avoided PTT and kept it under wraps however, time will tell!
Land Titles are not always an indication of who the developer is. An application can be submitted by a developer for a site with different owners on title. They can close on the purchase of the site at a later date through the application process.

It seems likely that it would be a Concord project - given the location/proposed shared access with Park Avenue, and same architect as Park Boulevard (DYS Archtecture) on file as the agent.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
Surrey gov said Surrey will surpass Vancouver in 30 years. If this takes so long to approve a condo building, I guess Surrey never can surpass Vancouver, and not even New Westminster.
In population. Surrey will surpass Vancouver in population, not in high rises. Very few cities in North America will or do surpass Vancouver on pure high-rise count. Vancouver is #2 in Canada and #5 in North America beating out even cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Montreal.

For the curious - North America high-rise count city proper:

#1 - New York City - 6,250
#2 - Toronto - 2,438
#3 - Mexico City - 1,402
#4 - Chicago - 1,180
#5 - Vancouver - 691
Source - Wikipedia stats table from Emporis

(Vancouver evidently ranks 49th in the world and is just 7 highrises shy of Paris, France which has a population of 15 million).

So yah, Surrey doesn't have a hope in hell of catching Vancouver in any of our lifetimes, probably not even our children's lifetimes on the high-rise front as Surrey has < 50 I believe. Heck we don't even beat London Ontario.....

High rises don't actually add as much population to Surrey as you would think. What is upping the population is the 30 townhouse complex developments being built for every 1 high rise being considered.

A single townhouse complex development in 90% of the rest of Surrey accounts for in many cases 400-500 people easy. That's what is contributing to the population increase.

High-rise demand is still in its infancy in Surrey Central even with the recent boom we've seen. Still a bit of a ways to go I think before it hits critical mass and becomes a more well oiled machine.

Last edited by GMasterAres; Jan 26, 2018 at 6:52 AM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 6:38 AM

Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Beq...j8kHuUkTF/view

How do I post a photo in this site ? I have the link but it does not open the photo here....
That deep hole has been there since Park Place was under construction over 5 years ago. If you go into the underground in Park Place, along that wall they just have plywood up but you can feel the air exposed all the way down to P3. It was designed such that when Park Boulevard is built, the underground can be combined though I'm not sure (haven't looked at the detailed diagrams) if that will be the case now.

The overall site design was for the Infinity 5 tower vision of which Infinity 1 was the first tower. When the developers ran into trouble, they had already constructed the building a fair amount but the underground had already been largely built.

Then when Concord took over, they had to split off Infinity from Park Place but because of the design there are some oddities such as the shared "public parking" and the fact the visitor's parking for Park Place is actually in the Infinity tower's underground. So residents of Park Place actually have fob access to Infinity's parking area, but not vice versa.

Because Park Place's underground was also already largely complete, it too was designed such that it would combine with the final Infinity Phase 3 (2 towers). Concord took that over too and is now building Park Boulevard, so, LONG WINDED EXPLANATION, but that's why you see the giant hole.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbased View Post

Pretty sure either it _is_ Concord or at least they are in partnership with the owner as the crane pieces that were being stored on the Park Boulevard site seem to have been relocated to the property next to Park Avenue. That said, it doesn't mean it is owner by Concord for sure.

Same thing happened at Wave where the second tower's site is being used as storage by Weststone, but Weststone doesn't own the property anymore as it is slated for phase 2 Wynd or whatever they will call it now.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Pretty sure either it _is_ Concord or at least they are in partnership with the owner as the crane pieces that were being stored on the Park Boulevard site seem to have been relocated to the property next to Park Avenue. That said, it doesn't mean it is owner by Concord for sure.

I was told by a Concord rep that they had purchased that property, but I doubt development will start for a few years at least.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 8:51 PM

Quote:
I think it takes more than 20 min. to get to metrotown by skytrain....
I rode from KGB to Metrotown for 3 years and I can attest to that claim.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
I rode from KGB to Metrotown for 3 years and I can attest to that claim.
The official info from TransLink says it's 20 mins. That doesn't include the dwell time at King George (as it's a terminus station) or how long it takes to move between the street and platform at both ends.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 5:25 AM

Def. 20 minutes from KGB to Metrotown. It used to be a little bit quicker but now the trains slow quite a bit over the bridge into New West. At least adds a minute or 2 extra. But yah 20 minutes for sure, not counting sitting at KGB for the train to start.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The official info from TransLink says it's 20 mins. That doesn't include the dwell time at King George (as it's a terminus station) or how long it takes to move between the street and platform at both ends.
Sorry I meant to say it does in fact take 20 mins

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
That deep hole has been there since Park Place was under construction over 5 years ago.
Thanks for all the history, you are really something....

That hole seems bigger and wider today.

Last edited by e-clam9; Feb 3, 2018 at 9:29 AM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2018, 9:21 AM

I went to Concord office today, the salesman does not know if one or two buildings on the new site behind Park Ave East building, but it will be available in few months, they guess before summer time. There is no name for new condo yet. I am more interested in the new building than Park Boulevard or King George Hub because of the noise from Skytrain. Right now, I live above 35th floor on Park Ave West. On my South-East facing corning unit, in the morning when it is quiet on street around 6am, I could easily hear the speed up and slow down of the skytrains and it usually runs a tighter schedule in the morning. My other North-West facing corner unit does not hear that. Park Boulevard is so close to the station, I think even the penthouse can hear the skytrain in the morning. I walked around 3 civic plaza one evening, one of the section has a lot of metal vibration noise when Skytrain went over it. It is almost like a big train running running across the road. When Park Boulevard is done, it will block some of the noise to my PA West unit. I am sure one day, I will get used to the noise. So there is good thing and bad thing living close to the skytrain station.... And I hope the exterior LED on Park Boulevard is not too bright at night....

Last edited by e-clam9; Feb 3, 2018 at 9:32 AM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
I went to Concord office today, the salesman does not know if one or two buildings on the new site behind Park Ave East building, but it will be available in few months, they guess before summer time. There is no name for new condo yet. I am more interested in the new building than Park Boulevard or King George Hub because of the noise from Skytrain. Right now, I live above 35th floor on Park Ave West. On my South-East facing corning unit, in the morning when it is quiet on street around 6am, I could easily hear the speed up and slow down of the skytrains and it usually runs a tighter schedule in the morning. My other North-West facing corner unit does not hear that. Park Boulevard is so close to the station, I think even the penthouse can hear the skytrain in the morning. I walked around 3 civic plaza one evening, one of the section has a lot of metal vibration noise when Skytrain went over it. It is almost like a big train running running across the road. When Park Boulevard is done, it will block some of the noise to my PA West unit. I am sure one day, I will get used to the noise. So there is good thing and bad thing living close to the skytrain station.... And I hope the exterior LED on Park Boulevard is not too bright at night....
You can always file a complaint if it is...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 8:37 AM

City of Surrey mailed us a letter about two new buildings behind Park Ave East. Concord also confirmed that it is theirs. One tower is 35 stories, and one is 39. Public hearing may come if surrounding residents want to voice their comment. The letter also said the southern side will be protected area. Great for my south-east facing unit !

Last few nights, someone from Park Place 2 flied a Unmanned aerial vehicle around the southern area and around these Concord buildings. It has some bright light so I can see it easily at night time. If you don't want to be seen, make sure you put down your window shades. I saw it fly back to about 35th to 39th floor at the south facing unit of Park Place 2. It should be a one bed room there, not the corner unit. Is this legal ?Should I report this to police ??

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 9:05 AM

Quote:
City of Surrey mailed us a letter about two new buildings behind Park Ave East. Concord also confirmed that it is theirs. One tower is 35 stories, and one is 39. Public hearing may come if surrounding residents want to voice their comment. The letter also said the southern side will be protected area. Great for my south-east facing unit !

Last few nights, someone from Park Place 2 flied a Unmanned aerial vehicle around the southern area and around these Concord buildings. It has some bright light so I can see it easily at night time. If you don't want to be seen, make sure you put down your window shades. I saw it fly back to about 35th to 39th floor at the south facing unit of Park Place 2. It should be a one bed room there, not the corner unit. Is this legal ?Should I report this to police ??
According to Transport Canada you can't fly a drone within 9km of an airport, 150m of people / animals / buildings / vehicles, and not higher than 90m above ground. I can imagine how hard it would be to regulate these rules though.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 6:45 PM

Quote:

Someone was flying one up from the tennis court below us at P.A. last summer. Everyone got a memo from Rancho the next day saying it violated the by-laws and a fine of $200.00 would be issued if it happened again.
On another note, activity has completely stopped on the building site since they knocked down the 2 buildings About a week now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley