HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Park Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
City of Surrey mailed us a letter about two new buildings behind Park Ave East. Concord also confirmed that it is theirs. One tower is 35 stories, and one is 39. Public hearing may come if surrounding residents want to voice their comment. The letter also said the southern side will be protected area. Great for my south-east facing unit !
What does "behind" mean?
Do you mean to the east of Park Ave - i.e. replacing this 46 storey oval floorplate building and 20 storey block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyonTheMap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
And this is just the start:
Applications are underway for a 46 tower and 20 storey tower on the site just to the East
Concord's application for a 42 storey tower to the south behind the original 3 towers.
The Hub's 5 additional towers to the South of King George Station.
Century Group's 2 towers next to Holland Park.
An application underway for a 26 storey tower at 98/Fraser and King George

So 11 more towers to this hub around King George within the next 5-7 years.

Came across this image on DYS architecture's site for the 46 storey / 20 storey project to the east. Says completion 2015, so this was for the original application back in 2013. I'm not sure whats going on with that. A Development Permit and DVP were both issued for the project in 2014, but now its under a new 2016 application for the exact same things.

2013 Application with DP and DVP issued:
https://apps.surrey.ca/Online-Develo...ar=13&seq=0220

2016 Application applying for exact same DP and DVP:
https://apps.surrey.ca/Online-Develo...ar=16&seq=0053

http://www.dysarchitecture.com/proje...evelopment.php
Also shown on the right edge of this map:

Quote:

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 5:04 AM

^The 46-storey oval tower application has been superseded. Not sure if the old application was Concord or not.

Wonder what Park name they will give this one?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 8:44 AM

Oh well, thanks.

Too bad, as the 46 storey tower would have been a bit taller than the others nearby.
That's also a pretty tight site for two tall-ish towers.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 4:03 PM

Quote:
^The 46-storey oval tower application has been superseded. Not sure if the old application was Concord or not.

Wonder what Park name they will give this one?
Parky McPark Park ?
Yup, it's Concord. A rep at their presentation center asked us how we would feel if residents there were to share our amenities.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Oh well, thanks.

Too bad, as the 46 storey tower would have been a bit taller than the others nearby.
That's also a pretty tight site for two tall-ish towers.

That's a good point - it is a small site for 2 towers given the panhandle/back portion is all park dedication. The site doesn't even look big enough to fit the 2 eastern Park Place towers which are close together.

Unfortunate about the height change too -- more of the same table top - if anything these towers should have been lower heights not higher - to step down as you move east.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 11:05 PM

Maybe the towers will be 2 skinny towers close together and connected with a skybridge?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe the towers will be 2 skinny towers close together and connected with a skybridge?
Hopefully not like 'Parade' at City Place in Toronto. Looks a bit akward.

The old renderings on the DYS architecture site show 2 towers fitting on it - so I guess it works. The oval tower is angled - so that maybe that is the key. Could be the same design just revised heights.

http://dysarchitecture.com/projects/...-100th-avenue/

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:16 AM

I'm just happy that there won't be another square designed building in the block. These round buildings look more like something modern from European designs.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:18 AM

WRT Parade - that's why I mentioned it!

If the 2nd tower (or both) are skinny, they can fit.
The short one on the previous plans looked like it was a skinny slab.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
Parky McPark Park ?
Yup, it's Concord. A rep at their presentation center asked us how we would feel if residents there were to share our amenities.
I don't mind to share ONLY if they have other new amenities for us to share !! We need a in-door basketball court, a business center (like the one in hotel), indoor four-season swimming poor, bowling, racket ball court, skate ring, and more. If none of these, then NO.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
I don't mind to share ONLY if they have other new amenities for us to share !! We need a in-door basketball court, a business center (like the one in hotel), indoor four-season swimming poor, bowling, racket ball court, skate ring, and more. If none of these, then NO.
Problem with sharing is that your amenities are going to be constantly booked. It's not that feasible with so many residents in these buildings.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
WRT Parade - that's why I mentioned it!

If the 2nd tower (or both) are skinny, they can fit.
The short one on the previous plans looked like it was a skinny slab.
Concord are building smaller and smaller condo. From Infinity to park place 1/2 to park ave east/west, the size of condo are smaller and smaller but sell for more and more price. The newer ones have better cabinets, appliances and bathrooms. PAB has the nicest bathroom using larger marble and Bosch appliances. They still have a 2br demo unit in Concord Surrey office. A few 3br left and selling for $830K if you are interested.

So I am not surprise that the next building will have even smaller condo and fit into skinnier buildings. Example: Evolve... I see 25 assignment on sales now, some are 316 sq.ft.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 1:43 AM

They can build smaller and smaller all they want, but being in a bigger unit is so nice and will have some nice resell value down the road.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticodex View Post
Problem with sharing is that your amenities are going to be constantly booked. It's not that feasible with so many residents in these buildings.
I got the impression it would be a one way street as I doubt they intend to a dedicate much space to amenities.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
They can build smaller and smaller all they want, but being in a bigger unit is so nice and will have some nice resell value down the road.
If you can afford it, then you are 100% right. But bigger Infinity units do not sell more than the smaller PA east/west unit. The resale value also depends on build quality and age of the condo.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:26 AM

More cleaning was done at the PB site last few days but still no digging yet.

I went to Surrey Concord office again to buy additional parking stall. The very nice sales lady asked what name do I suggest for their new project - the 2 new buildings. I don't think she seriously asked me to suggest a name. But if you have the power to name it, what would you like to call the two new buildings ?

One of my suggestion is "King's Park 1" and "King's Park 2" because we are at the King George station. But it is too close to the "King George Hub"... so it is not that good.

Your suggestion is ... ?

I don't mind to go to their office again if I can collect a handful of good suggestions here :-)

Last edited by e-clam9; Mar 1, 2018 at 5:06 AM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 1:16 AM

The creek is called Quibble Creek.

... so "Quibble Creek 1" & "Quibble Creek 2"?

PS - the original names for the area (circa 1993) were focussed on royalty.
King George Park Development's first phase of their "King George Park" was "Balmoral" named after QEII's Scottish estate.
That's the tower to the southeast of Quibble Creek, also the site of the gang killings a number of years ago.

http://gingert.net/images/KingGeorgePark1994.jpg

Last edited by officedweller; Feb 14, 2018 at 1:27 AM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 2:13 AM

Quote:
More cleaning was done at the PB site last few days but still no digging yet.

I went to Surrey Concord office again to buy additional parking stall. The very nice sales lady asked what name do I suggest for their new project - the 2 new buildings. I don't think she seriously asked me to suggest a name. But if you have the power to name it, what would you like to call the two new buildings ?

One of my suggestion is "King's Park 1" and "King's Park 2" because we are at the King George station. But it is too close to the "King George Hub"... so it is not that good.

Your suggestion is ... ?

I don't mind to go to their office again if I can collect a handful of good suggestions here :-)

Yesterday, I was allowed to jump up to the roof top garden on Park Ave West. The view is breath stopping... I wish they build taller fence :-)
Personally I would like them to name it after the style of architecture...if it is an oval shape call it The Oval!

Most likely I feel they will continue with Park Avenue name, maybe Park Avenue East.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 3:19 AM

Any ideas which King George the highway/avenue was named after? Perhaps naming the new development after his wife would be a good choice.

Or to stick with the royal theme, there's always The Reagent. I like that one, too.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 4:56 AM

Received an email from Concord about their Chinese New Year event, and noticed a small ad for their next development after Park Boulevard.

Likely the towers are placeholders, for now, but there appears to be 2 towers envisioned for the small lot.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley