HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 4:36 PM

Amazing changes happening in Nashville. We stayed at the Cambria last time we were in town. Really terrific hotel.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 10:26 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
A publicly posted document reveals a proposal that would be one of Nashville's largest, (and maybe tallest?) developments ever.

Called 'Circle South' for now, a water sewer permit request reveals plans for a 1,000,000 sf office building, 500 residential units and 20,000 sf of retail. Supposedly renderings will be available later today.

PS: BTW, great photos in the previous post jmeck ^^^
I'm going to bump this to the new page for reference. Hopefully, more info will be forthcoming soon.

Also, go back a page and enjoy the beautiful pictures of the construction going on around town.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2019, 7:57 PM

Looking good Nashville.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2019, 5:48 PM

Quote:
I'm going to bump this to the new page for reference. Hopefully, more info will be forthcoming soon.
That proposed development at the circle is pretty much the biggest ever for Nashville. It really illustrates how disastrous the transit levee failure was because this location was going to be served by a subway station.

At this point I believe a downtown subway for Nashville is an inevitability and since it takes 10~ years to open from the moment a project is funded they needed to get started last year.

Also, I remember when they tore down a bunch of stuff to build Korean Vets - they should have done the same for one of the avenues and created a center reservation for transit. Now it's too late.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Several projects which may start soon (within the next three months)

These next two may be the best project to start. There are reports of much equipment on the site. It has been fenced off, and demolition is complete.

Excavation is actually underway now with little (none at all) fanfare. I'm surprised it's not being more heavily promoted. The buildings are not large by skyscraper standards, but this is a game changing project as it brings a considerably large private investment into the Nashville entertainment industry. AEG WORLDWIDE is known for it's investment and leadership in the sports and entertainment industry. They built LA Live which includes large hotels, a large performance hall and the Staples Arena which hosts the Grammy Awards.

From their website:
Quote:
AEG is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming the live entertainment industry. Through our global network of venues, powerful sports franchises, music brands, integrated entertainment districts, ticketing platforms and global sponsorship activations, we deliver innovative experiences that give the world reason to cheer.
It would be appropriate for the Grammies to come to Nashville once in a while and these people may make it possible, IMHO.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Dec 10, 2019 at 2:30 AM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
That proposed development at the circle is pretty much the biggest ever for Nashville. It really illustrates how disastrous the transit levee failure was because this location was going to be served by a subway station.

At this point I believe a downtown subway for Nashville is an inevitability and since it takes 10~ years to open from the moment a project is funded they needed to get started last year.

Also, I remember when they tore down a bunch of stuff to build Korean Vets - they should have done the same for one of the avenues and created a center reservation for transit. Now it's too late.
Not accurate at all.

Nashville Yards and River North are both significantly larger.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 11:12 PM

Cecilism, I think you missed the point, JM was trying to make.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 1:37 PM

Last night at twilight from 10th and Church. Looking West toward the Gulch and Midtown.

Cranes from the from the left > 22 story Gulch Union, The 12 story Asurion HQ (near), the 22 and 35 story Broadwest towers (far) and 22 story Amazon Phase 1 (far right).

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 10:06 PM

The beautiful Graduate Hotel will open next week and, according to my friend on Urban Planet,
Quote:
a "big star" has rented out the entire hotel for the week, and is hosting a bunch of "A List" celebrities there.
Some drive by pictures I took this morning may show some of the incredible detail in the brick façade. This is a wonderful addition to Midtown and the Vanderbilt area. The crane is for the residential tower going up next door.

I'm guessing it might be Taylor or Nicole. Or maybe Reese. Hopefully we'll find out.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 12:45 AM

A New Year's summary of what is going up and what is expected/hoped to start in 2020.

By neighborhood.

DOWNTOWN

SOBRO

Update March 2020; Drury Hotel now open

Coming up, The Gulch and Midtown.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 22, 2020 at 12:13 AM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 2:36 AM

Can't wait!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 4:21 PM

That's amazing!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2020, 9:16 PM
Future God

Amazing to see it all in list form... looking forward to seeing The Gulch and Midtown added to it! Thanks MidTenn1!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 5, 2020, 3:13 PM

Year end update

The Gulch

Added card;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 10, 2020 at 8:39 PM. Reason: Update 2/10/20

Old Posted Jan 5, 2020, 3:29 PM

Midtown!!

This is typical of multiple projects going in on famed Music Row.

Technically not in Midtown..2020 start!!

Added 2/10/20

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 10, 2020 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Removed duplicate pictures

Old Posted Jan 5, 2020, 3:40 PM
BANNED

Awesome

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 12:11 AM

Nice view of the Midtown skyline...

From the left, some building some people from Charlotte built, a music industry home, the Broadwest offices going up, the Skyhouse and further right, the Kinnect apartments and some other stuff.

Edit; Oh well, wait 'til next year.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 23, 2020 at 9:29 PM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 9:28 PM

Another high rise!!

Nobody saw this coming! This one is in midtown as discovered by the Urban Planet group on the Metro Nashville Water permits listing. I made a card with the rendering attached to the permit application.

This would join a cluster of similar sized projects planned or in progress in this neighborhood where Broadway, West End and Music Row all come together.

EDIT: It's 30 stories!! Sorry.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 10:52 PM
Future God

Wow, Midtown is really starting to explode... wish they'd raise the height limit though!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Wow, Midtown is really starting to explode... wish they'd raise the height limit though!
What is the height restriction?

I agree, if there is one it should be lifted. Quite frankly there is no reason for a height restriction in downtown and along certain streets in midtown.

I see no reason for height restrictions in the area bordered by Broadway, 21st Ave., Charlotte Pike and I-40 in midtown. You could also add Demonbreun over to Broadway to that as well.

I also see no reason for height restrictions in downtown from Jefferson Street south to I-40 and east to I-24. You can add Cowan Street north of Jefferson into the non-restricted area as well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations