HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
Is all that getting built???
Well the one on the far right is already built. The two on the left are a definite go. The far left will break ground next year and has signed FMC and the University of Pennsylvania as two tenants to fill up 61% of the building. The second from the left is currently under construction (see image above). The second from the right is still a proposal. Likely a few years away from any definitive plans.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 6:24 PM

Sorry could someone tell me where the new development thread is? Am I missing something? Watching w baited breath from abroad.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Sorry could someone tell me where the new development thread is? Am I missing something? Watching w baited breath from abroad.
What new development thread?

This?
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=208566

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Great! I was wondering the same thing where it went. It doesn't show up on the Philadelphia Projects & Construction page like before. I was having trouble finding it!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 6:58 PM

Exactly. Thanks summersm

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 8:14 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Anybody got word on today's Comcast shindig at its building and online? Did they announce the new supertall?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Anybody got word on today's Comcast shindig at its building and online? Did they announce the new supertall?
Check the Philly Thread under city compilations.

No announced Tower, just that they will be building the most advanced building, which leads people to believe that will be the new Tower.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 8:29 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Check the Philly Thread under city compilations.

No announced Tower, just that they will be building the most advanced building, which leads people to believe that will be the new Tower.
thanks!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 6:02 PM

Link also includes pictures of the virtual tour of the units prospective renters can take

http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...s/#gallery-1-1

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

Link also includes pictures of the virtual tour of the units prospective renters can take

http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...s/#gallery-1-1
Slowly becoming more and more visible each day as I drive up 95 North by the airport... already starting to make an impact.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 3:36 PM

this building is like the modern Empire State Building in terms of speed of construction.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 7:08 PM

Hey everybody.... I'm a long time lurker and appreciate all the information I gather from this forum. My friends think I'm brilliant because of you guys... thanks for making me sound smart!

Anyway, I figured I would finally contribute and share a little information I heard from one of the Sales Managers at Evo regarding the construction. She said they were doing some sort of "pre-fab" type of construction were they basically just had to place each floor on top of one another. That's why its going up so fast.

I told her about this forum and told her to log on and give us more info, but she said they weren't allowed to do that. But she said I could pass along information for her.... stay tuned...

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaz View Post
Hey everybody.... I'm a long time lurker and appreciate all the information I gather from this forum. My friends think I'm brilliant because of you guys... thanks for making me sound smart!

Anyway, I figured I would finally contribute and share a little information I heard from one of the Sales Managers at Evo regarding the construction. She said they were doing some sort of "pre-fab" type of construction were they basically just had to place each floor on top of one another. That's why its going up so fast.

I told her about this forum and told her to log on and give us more info, but she said they weren't allowed to do that. But she said I could pass along information for her.... stay tuned...
Interesting indeed.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 7:32 PM

And meanwhile over at 1900 arch there building by hand, and making there own steel on site.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaz View Post

I think what she meant by that was prefabricated concrete form's that they lift into place. Its typically used on a lot of high rise concrete jobs. The typical pour cycle is 3 days per floor once you get above the third floor.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 10:32 PM

The technique of concrete forming systems is fascinating. Look on You Tube (Doka). A simple geometry like Evo is easier than 1900 Arch....but it is annoyingly slow. As long as 1900 obscures that ugly apartment building, I'm happy.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 12:38 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 1:42 AM
i heart philly

Great pics, the first one looks New Yorkerish. The skyline is filling out, love it.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenster View Post
Great pics, the first one looks New Yorkerish. The skyline is filling out, love it.
Getting better every day in this city!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 11:30 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive