HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 7:58 AM
Everywhere all at once

WOW. Those pictures are seriously surreal to look at considering the Austin I've come to know since moving here in March. Crazy to think that these photos are from only 4 months after I joined this site at age 16! I'd love to meet all of you though! Can you imagine the difference between the last photo thread and ones that may be posted after a new meet-up?

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Austinite

WOW, what a dramatic change! To put things in perspective, there were no iPhones or today's generation of smartphones when these pics were taken. Most of us still had flip phones

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 8:42 PM

Hell, I still had a flip phone up until late last year. What strikes me most about these photos is just how much the Frost building dominated the skyline from almost all views. I know everyone says it should have been 100 feet or more taller, but it would have really looked out of place back in 2004 if it was.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 11:45 PM
Rundberg & I35

Insane how much things have changed in a relatively short time. 2006 was the year Ohio State football came down and played at DKR stadium. Ohio State is scheduled to come back in the 2021-2022 season and I think their repeat fans may not recognize the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin