HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos

Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 9:57 PM

Hamilton beautyscapes

Here's a few I did while riding up the mountain last fall. I'd started the roll then and only just got around to finishing it.

Now if I could get these bigger than 640x400.....

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 12:58 AM

Great angle on the skyway in that last one.

You're shooting with film? If so, you can get the negatives scanned onto a CD as jpegs. Then you can resize them and edit them.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 5:04 PM

The scans are 1.2MB but it's Photobucket that resizes them. Your pictures are always pretty big - do you have a pro account?

That last one I'm pretty pleased with - framing and exposure wise anyways, but you know how the telephoto compresses haze. It turned out better than I expected. If I could get that on a perfectly clear day that would be amazing.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 5:29 PM
Is now in Hamilton, eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Dalton View Post
The scans are 1.2MB but it's Photobucket that resizes them. Your pictures are always pretty big - do you have a pro account?

That last one I'm pretty pleased with - framing and exposure wise anyways, but you know how the telephoto compresses haze. It turned out better than I expected. If I could get that on a perfectly clear day that would be amazing.
It might be a size in mb rather than a size in pixel issue. If you lessen the quality ever so slightly, the physical size might become low enough to allow a larger pixel image to be displayed.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Dalton View Post

I have the pro account, with the amount of photos I have my bandwidth would be exceeded in like 10 minutes if I didn't.

Clear days are few and far between on the mountain. When it's really cold and clear like this is the best, but you still have to deal with wind shaking the camera.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 11:19 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
I have the pro account, with the amount of photos I have my bandwidth would be exceeded in like 10 minutes if I didn't.

Clear days are few and far between on the mountain. When it's really cold and clear like this is the best, but you still have to deal with wind shaking the camera.
And freezing cold hands.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2012, 6:10 AM

Taken by me via Blackberry recently.

Fall at the Hamilton Waterfront.

Old Posted May 5, 2013, 8:38 AM
"Pow! Right in the kissa"

Not sure if this is a beautyscape, but who posted the shot from atop Hwy 6 near Clappisons where you could make out Niagara Falls/Buffalo? That was awesome!

Old Posted May 5, 2013, 10:02 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

not possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@taract_soulj@h View Post
Not sure if this is a beautyscape, but who posted the shot from atop Hwy 6 near Clappisons where you could make out Niagara Falls/Buffalo? That was awesome!
I haven;t seen that shot. BUt the Grimsby "Bench" would get in the way of that vista. Some of the more amazing vistas from Niagara come from Fonthill and Grimsby Bench of the Mississauga/Etobicoke/Toronto skylines, look like Manhattan to me.

Old Posted May 6, 2013, 1:36 AM

Old Posted May 6, 2013, 1:59 AM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

I think I see St. Catherines there, but not Niagara falls.

Found this though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Not exactly showing the Hamilton skyline, but shows that you can see Niagara Falls from Hamilton. Somewhere there must be a vantage point where you could get both skylines in.

This is a shot from the Niagara Escarpment in Burlington, you can see Niagara Falls and what I think is HSBC in Buffalo sticking up on the right side of the horizon. Burlington is in the foreground.

If you turn your view to the left in the above picture, you can see Burlington, Mississauga and Toronto. Hamilton is to the right but obscured by trees.

If you go to the high ridge on the Niagara Peninsula near Fonthill, Ontario, you can see both Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, Toronto, Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Hamilton is hidden by the Escarpment from there because its downtown is below the Escarpment. For the same reason, you can't see Hamilton from the towers in Niagara Falls and Buffalo.

This view from Buffalo city hall shows how close Buffalo and Niagara Falls are. Again, if Hamilton's downtown were above the Escarpment, it would be easily visible from here as well, just off the left of the frame.

Last edited by Beedok; May 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM.

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 4:41 AM
"Pow! Right in the kissa"

Yeah, that's the one! It's just fun what one can make out if you really squint
We always get to see Toronto...and it's smog, but looking down Niagara way is impressive

That best panorama shot btw, is one of the best of the city I've seen too

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos