HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 1, 2017, 11:13 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I don't like it when people throw that word (gentrification) around like it is the magic fix all for everything. It is not. That area is primarily business and education. What those vacant sites need is development, which was put on hold during the financial crisis. And that's because of the proximity to multiple modes of transit (multiple rail lines, air, and interstate). When you have that kind of access to transit, particularly the rail lines, you need dense development. And this will not just be a tower development with no pedestrian or streetlife.
I 100% agree, and what I'm hoping is that the neighborhood becoming nicer acts as a catalyst for further growth. I'm all for street life. A development like this adds much needed density. Newark has become much more desirable in the last 5 years, and it's in my own interest (real estate wise as I have a 6-family apartment) for the city to grow, hence my eagerness anytime I hear about a new development. Gentrification is not the answer, but it does help. Helps to push desirability.

If anything, I want Newark to go further, and eclipse Jersey City in every aspect. Given the transit in the area, the strategic location, it has some of the best potential. It's a culture rich city that is the jewel of NJ.

It does have its problems though, particularly crime, and corruption... but those are long term fixes. Luckily, there has been a reduction in crime, and I'm sure providing jobs and opportunities for the residences is the key to seeing a reduction (along with better schools, ect.). But without going on a tangent, 2000 units!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals