HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 14, 2017, 8:04 PM

Request for Response for 404 NW 23rd Avenue

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 2:57 PM

Not really infill but I figured this would be the best place to post this:

http://www.kgw.com/mb/money/business...ding/458589059

Quote:
Adidas leases 80,000 square feet at a high-profile Portland building

Adidas has leased nearly 80,000 square feet in Montgomery Park in Northwest Portland as its U.S. surge continues.

The Germany-based company is expected to provide details about the space after it releases its next quarterly earnings report.

It's unclear if new or current employees will work in the space, which is at 2701 N.W. Vaughn and roughly four miles from the company's North American headquarters on Greeley Avenue in North Portland.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 3:24 PM

Derek - Thanks for that. 80000 is a huge lease and eliminating that available space bodes well for the new office space under construction around town

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 3:32 AM

An article ($) in the Portland Business Journal mentions what the plans are for Terminal 1:

Quote:
Lithia Motors' deal with the city to purchase Terminal 1 would turn the property into their new 250,000-square-foot-showroom with an additional two new flex buildings for an innovation center totaling 390,000 square feet.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 12:21 AM

Revised Notice Of A Public Hearing for North 18. Looks like it's back to where it started: as a 6 story building. Except now by GBD.

(Seeing as there wasn't ever much discussion in this thread I'll probably merge it back into the larger Northwest Infill thread).

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 10:41 AM

Its a shame it got downsized, the taller design concept seemed to be coming along nicely.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 1:47 AM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QAtheSky View Post
Its a shame it got downsized, the taller design concept seemed to be coming along nicely.
I have been told that very rapidly rising costs of concrete construction likely caused the taller design to not pencil out, so 5-over-1, 5 floors of wood construction over a concrete podium made more economic sense.

I agree that the taller proposal had a lot going for it.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 12:16 PM

This project has been through so many design revisions at this point. Kinda crazy

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 6:29 PM

Huh???

Northwest Portland could get a floating hotel with a spa, farmers market
Updated on August 30, 2017 at 10:09 AM Posted on August 30, 2017 at 5:00 AM
By Anna Marum amarum@oregonian.com
The Oregonian/OregonLive

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...art_river_home

Quote:
In the midst of a hotel-building boom, how does one make a hotel stand out from the crowd? You could have it float on the river.

That's the ambitious plan laid out by developers in an application for early assistance from the city's Bureau of Development Services.

The applicant, Jonathan Cohen, is a partner at The Society Hotel, which opened its first location in Old Town/Chinatown late 2015. Now, preliminary plans call for the hotel to open its second location off a dock on the Willamette River, between the Fremont Bridge and Terminal 1 in Northwest Portland...(continues).

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 12:20 AM

Staff Report and Drawings [22 MB] for North.18

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Portland man wins bid for Alaska ferry; plans boat hotel

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — The winning bidder for Alaska's ferry Taku wants to turn the 352-foot (107-meter) vessel into a waterfront hotel and restaurant in Oregon.

Portland resident Jonathan Cohen's $300,000 bid on Friday was six times higher than the next bid, The Juneau Empire reported (http://bit.ly/2xtSKoB). Cohen represents a group of Portland investors who want to make the mothballed ferry a floating hotel at a pier in northwest Portland.

"Our hope is to bring it to Portland, Oregon, where we're based and to use it as a way to give this very historic vessel a second life," Cohen said.

The Taku would be home to hostel-style accommodations as well as individual rooms, with the surrounding pier being a terminal for river-related activities, he said.
...continues at KATU.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 7:37 PM

Latest drawings for North 18: Part I [5 MB] and Part II [2 MB]

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Latest drawings for North 18: Part I [5 MB] and Part II [2 MB]
This was approved last week.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 3:37 PM
Registered Ugly

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 4:21 PM

This 3 block stretch is going to be nice and dense and its surrounded by a lot of commercial/warehouse/surface parking that can likely be catalyzed in the future. Not to mention we'll get a nice Bookend for that streetcar stop on the opposite side of the street with some ground floor retail. Nice.

Only wish there was a little more ground floor retail space, but that's just nitpicking.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 12:57 AM

The Ad-Mail building on 17th and Kearney is being demolished. Future home of these apartments.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:37 AM

Its not the best low light photo, but I just wanted to capture how intensely urban the Slabtown area feels now walking West from the North end of the Pearl. Even with the massive parking lots the area has a distinct feeling of enclosure.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 1:51 AM
A before E

The tower is really going up fast. It is unfortunate that the rents in that area are way too high, but I do like how dense it is beginning to look in that part of the city.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 7:34 PM

Posting Notice for 1727 NW Hoyt. I still think the city should have just allowed the owners to demolish the old building.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 10:11 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Posting Notice for 1727 NW Hoyt. I still think the city should have just allowed the owners to demolish the old building.
I take the opposite point of view. I am glad that the developer was not allowed to demolish a contributing building in the Alphabet Historic District. While the Ballow Wright building is not significant architecturally, it has historical significance as a first women's hospital in Portland, if my memory serves me correctly. The latest proposal allows for a much more interesting ensemble of buildings along NW 18th Avenue, and that grouping could be shaped to better work with the neighborhood scale and context. The ground floor experience will have more variety and will likely be more interesting for pedestrians.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland