HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 3:19 PM

From my driving I see that the following are all getting started with site prep in some level:

The Sutton
Icon Buckhead
13th Project
The Charles
The Emerson

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
From my driving I see that the following are all getting started with site prep in some level:

The Sutton
Icon Buckhead
13th Project
The Charles
The Emerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The benefits of an ever-evolving city far outweigh years of stagnation though. I hope we see more projects go around Arts Center, North Ave, Buckhead, Downtown, and the EST. I really want Atlanta to expand its urban footprint in a fashion that makes it more walkable between neighborhoods. We're getting close to stitching up our disjointedness. Plus, more housing and jobs will be a boon to all residents.
I'm not talking about stagnation but simply the fact that so much construction is a bit of nuisance particularly with the ratio of active construction to completed, walkable areas of Midtown. And I was mainly thinking of Midtown because even with all of the construction in Buckhead, there is not the sense of everything is under construction that I get in Midtown.

I think Icon is definitely under construction. I checked Accela for the permit status of some potential upcoming projects.

Issued
The Charles
The Sutton
Colony Square
Juniper & 5th
Icon Buckhead
Broadstone Henri's

Ready to Issue (developer only needs to pay fees)
Emerson
195 13th

Bonus
Opus only needs approval of its Building Plan Review to have their LD permit ready to go.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 10:54 PM

While I wish NCR was taller, it is absolutely a fantastic addition to the neighborhood. A few more developments like it and a smidge more local entertainment options and I believe midtown will start to pull interest from those who currently prefer west midtown or neighborhoods along the EST.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I was looking at it from the west of the connector and thought that if it were just 30 stories it would really tower over the sorrounding buildings.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 10:09 PM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta