HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

Nice find! I like how the facade of the new building picks up the curve of the circular plaza at the intersection of Peachtree and 15th. None of the retail slots seems particularly evocative of an Apple Store, though, unless they carve out a double-height space at the base of one of the towers.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 10:47 PM

Site Plan

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Nice find! I like how the facade of the new building picks up the curve of the circular plaza at the intersection of Peachtree and 15th. None of the retail slots seems particularly evocative of an Apple Store, though, unless they carve out a double-height space at the base of one of the towers.
I think we can safely put to rest the idea of an Apple store here. As someone correctly pointed out earlier, Apple is very conservative wrt how they select their store locations. They will only open in places with proven retail traffic and satisfactory sales /sf. They waited until the second phase to make the move to Avalon and the same may be true at PCM.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I think we can safely put to rest the idea of an Apple store here. As someone correctly pointed out earlier, Apple is very conservative wrt how they select their store locations. They will only open in places with proven retail traffic and satisfactory sales /sf. They waited until the second phase to make the move to Avalon and the same may be true at PCM.
Yeah, I remember that discussion, but I could've sworn that someone posted that NAP was meeting with people from Apple a week or two ago. Can't find the article now, so maybe I was hallucinating...

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Yeah, I remember that discussion, but I could've sworn that someone posted that NAP was meeting with people from Apple a week or two ago. Can't find the article now, so maybe I was hallucinating...
Probably was a touch base meeting about their new Avalon store.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 2:36 PM
Urban Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Probably was a touch base meeting about their new Avalon store.
I am actually the one that reported Apple's VP of Retail met with North American Properties a couple of weeks ago. Personally I would find it unusual for someone of this level at Apple to being flying into Atlanta for just a casual meeting.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 3:16 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Ugh, they're keeping the parking deck ramps and auto valet lanes on Peachtree now? This is the biggest pedestrian experience killing feature currently there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta