HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #13041  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 3:45 PM
eburress's Avatar
eburress eburress is offline
Listomatic on iTunes
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo View Post
And uh-oh...the battle for the convention center is going to get ugly:

Convention hotel developer to city of San Diego: Back off
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...016-story.html

“Despite the fact that the City's and the Corporation's default (on payment obligations)..."


Very nicely done. This city's geography is possibly the best in the world but the way this unique opportunity is continually squandered is equal parts frustrating and embarrassing. Assuming this is accurate, pay your effing bills, San Diego.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13042  
Old Posted Today, 7:53 AM
HurricaneHugo's Avatar
HurricaneHugo HurricaneHugo is offline
Category Five
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,734
Waste of land but don't think the council could do anything about it:

Televangelist's proposal for religious retreat in Mission Valley wins approval
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...017-story.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13043  
Old Posted Today, 9:22 AM
The Flying Dutchman The Flying Dutchman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo View Post
Waste of land but don't think the council could do anything about it:

Televangelist's proposal for religious retreat in Mission Valley wins approval
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...017-story.html
Hugo, the Council approved this 7-2 on the basis of property rights (fine). The dissenting members were Ward and Gomez (both gay), who obviously objected on the basis of their paranoid constituency (LGBTQxyz..) since the developer, Cerullo, (a Pentecost) believes in the infallibility of the Bible (i.e. homosexuality is a sin). So much for separation of Church and State.

Meanwhile, to demonstrate the ineptitude of the Council, they are trying to find ways to limit property rights (uhhh) against those who wish to rent out their homes (hence the whole AirBnB debacle).

Obviously, the City is desperate for any revenue it can get its hands on. Maybe that's what you meant?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...017-story.html
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...018-story.html
__________________
"A good walker does not rise dust" -Zen proverb
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13044  
Old Posted Today, 9:34 AM
The Flying Dutchman The Flying Dutchman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post

“Despite the fact that the City's and the Corporation's default (on payment obligations)..."


Very nicely done. This city's geography is possibly the best in the world but the way this unique opportunity is continually squandered is equal parts frustrating and embarrassing. Assuming this is accurate, pay your effing bills, San Diego.
I feel bad for the guys trying to build this thing (Green and Co.). They went to great lengths to cooperate with the City. Sorry to say that if the upcoming November 2018 ballot measure passes, 5th Ave. Landing is SoL, thanks to a recent California Supreme Court ruling allowing for citizen initiatives to pass with just a simple majority. Since initiatives have the full weight of the California Constitution, not much these guys can do here. Obviously, the initiative (created by hoteliers and "other stakeholders") is being co-opted by the City to push through with the CC expansion. Trust me, they won't proceed until they know the ballot passes or not.
__________________
"A good walker does not rise dust" -Zen proverb
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13045  
Old Posted Today, 12:14 PM
Crackertastik Crackertastik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 203
Eastdil issued an RFP for the Horton Plaza site to interested bidders. It suggests the site is completely redevelopable, as either retail, residential, office or hotel. 3.2 million square feet buildable. Horton Plaza's days may be numbered, arguably a very good thing.
__________________
No offense Lindbergh, but get outta here! We got 700 footers to put up!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13046  
Old Posted Today, 2:57 PM
eburress's Avatar
eburress eburress is offline
Listomatic on iTunes
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
I feel bad for the guys trying to build this thing (Green and Co.). They went to great lengths to cooperate with the City. Sorry to say that if the upcoming November 2018 ballot measure passes, 5th Ave. Landing is SoL, thanks to a recent California Supreme Court ruling allowing for citizen initiatives to pass with just a simple majority. Since initiatives have the full weight of the California Constitution, not much these guys can do here. Obviously, the initiative (created by hoteliers and "other stakeholders") is being co-opted by the City to push through with the CC expansion. Trust me, they won't proceed until they know the ballot passes or not.
Absolutely, and it sucks that this sort of BS is so possible here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:16 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.