HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
More regional idiots.

Delaware County, Chester City to compete for Amazon's HQ2

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20171018.html
This is so dumb. I honestly hate the Delco leaders.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
This is so dumb. I honestly hate the Delco leaders.
In an area renown for it's petty parochialism Delco stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
In an area renown for it's petty parochialism Delco stands head and shoulders above the rest.
Walking around Havertown, you can see the start of a small commercial corridor, which then falls apart and is just rows after rows of pizza places and nail salons.
The biggest sin was abolishing the 103 trolley. That would make a killing nowadays.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Walking around Havertown, you can see the start of a small commercial corridor, which then falls apart and is just rows after rows of pizza places and nail salons.
The biggest sin was abolishing the 103 trolley. That would make a killing nowadays.
You forgot to mention my law office.... Havertown falls somewhere in between a town and the modern suburb. There are some "nodes" of commercial activity, like Brookline and my own Oakmont. I can walk to Brick & Brew and a Conshohocken Brew Pub is being fitted out in the next block. It's not Media or West Chester, but it's not bad, considering. Maybe I'll put in a bid to have Amazon locate here.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:02 PM

Pa. tax break offer for Amazon to top $1 billion, Philly-area business group head says

Quote:
Pennsylvania officials plan to offer Amazon more than $1 billion in tax incentives if the e-commerce giant locates its planned second headquarters campus in the state, the head of the Philadelphia area’s main business group said.

Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia president Rob Wonderling said in an interview Tuesday that the tax breaks would be an extra enticement on top of Pennsylvania’s existing draws. State legislators highlighted Pennsylvania’s educational institutions and high-tech workforce in an online letter to Amazon.com Inc. this month.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
You forgot to mention my law office.... Havertown falls somewhere in between a town and the modern suburb. There are some "nodes" of commercial activity, like Brookline and my own Oakmont. I can walk to Brick & Brew and a Conshohocken Brew Pub is being fitted out in the next block. It's not Media or West Chester, but it's not bad, considering. Maybe I'll put in a bid to have Amazon locate here.
For those who remember what Media was like 25 years ago, it stuns me that people mention it as a place to emulate. What an amazing turnaround.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:11 PM

Quote:
what was/where was the 103 trolley? I can't find any info re it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:17 PM

A couple of Amazon TV shows, courtesy of the City of Philadelphia (let's hope the Big A watches them):

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarstruck View Post
For those who remember what Media was like 25 years ago, it stuns me that people mention it as a place to emulate. What an amazing turnaround.
Phoenixville or West Chester weren't particularly nice either. It is interesting how much perceptions change

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEPTA_Route_103

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
It went from 69th Street to Ardmore via what is now the busway. It's why that one stop on the 100 is called "Ardmore Jct" -- the 103 used to cross it there.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Today, 1:10 PM

This article isn't necessarily about Philly, but it raises some key points that I think can be applied to our city:
http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2017/...-mental-health

Old Posted Today, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
It went from 69th Street to Ardmore via what is now the busway. It's why that one stop on the 100 is called "Ardmore Jct" -- the 103 used to cross it there.
My girlfriend grew up near West Chester. We were talking about the Red Arrows and we agreed that the loss of the 104 was bigger than the loss of Regional Rail.

Old Posted Today, 5:15 PM

Stupid, stupid, stupid

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is reporting that the City of Erie is backing Pittsburgh's bid for Amazon's HQ2 and Erie is an almost 2 hour drive away. Meanwhile we have PA suburbs (with zero chance of winning) submitting competing bids to ours -- those officials are so incredibly narrow-minded and pathetic. This is why, despite all our money and all our people, we as a region underpunch our weight in the state capitol. I've always wondered who were those anti-Philadelphia nutjobs that posted comments on the Philly.com website -- now I know who they are.

Old Posted Today, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Mount Airy View Post
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is reporting that the City of Erie is backing Pittsburgh's bid for Amazon's HQ2 and Erie is an almost 2 hour drive away. Meanwhile we have PA suburbs (with zero chance of winning) submitting competing bids to ours -- those officials are so incredibly narrow-minded and pathetic. This is why, despite all our money and all our people, we as a region underpunch our weight in the state capitol. I've always wondered who were those anti-Philadelphia nutjobs that posted comments on the Philly.com website -- now I know who they are.
Yeah, there was another one reported today--Bristol freaking Township.

On the bright side, I guess, Lancaster County included a letter of support for Philly's bid.

"It is because of our close proximity and the easy access via Amtrak that, every day, our workforce heads east and similarly workers from Philadelphia commute west. While our landscapes differ greatly, there are considerably strong business relationships – from health care and higher education to financial services and real estate development - that link our two diverse communities."

Why couldn't the suburban jackasses write something like that?

Old Posted Today, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Mount Airy View Post
honestly I dont think it matters. Amazon will rule out outlying locations quickly, it's not going to change anything in regards to final decision.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations