HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Ernst & Young Building in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Cleveland Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 8:58 PM
gettin' rich!

Nice Building for Cleveland!

Looks like it will fit in with the surrounding buildings as well.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 11:43 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

From Nov. 6th:

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 3:03 PM

man, looking at the port in that last picture is sad. soooo much could be going on there. its a shame the plans died and they wont be moving anytime soon

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 6:44 PM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshSteve View Post
man, looking at the port in that last picture is sad. soooo much could be going on there. its a shame the plans died and they wont be moving anytime soon
What do you mean? Is this on hold? Or what was proposed there prior?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 11:58 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

^The full-scale plans of relocating the port to either the East 55th area or west of downtown have been tabled. I'm okay with that, at least for the time being - that plan wasn't viable in the least. That said, who knows - now that the Flats East Bank is finally under construction, it could encourage someone to come up with a new relocation plan that's more workable?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 6:40 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

^Here's a link to the plans for the waterfront - they're much more do-able than previous versions, which gives me more hope. http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011...ew_plan_f.html

Getting back on topic, we now have structural steel going up:

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 11:46 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

It's also on the first post of the thread; here's a link to the project's webcam:

http://www.flatseast.com/webcam.htm

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 1:01 PM

Here's an update of the construction progress as of today from the FEB webcam.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 5:24 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

And from Cliff Drive on Cleveland's west side:

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 6:29 PM

shes sure coming along swell! cant wait till we see some glass going up. i need to get myself downtown and take a look for real at all the construction projects there

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 8:46 PM

I've mostly been following the FEB construction progress from the updates on this website and thru the webcam. But I finally made it down to the site this past weekend, and I took some pics.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 2:58 AM

I haven't posted here in ages but I had to chime in on this building.

Despite the lack of a skyline changing building I'm thrilled that we have some construction going on in the downtown area. As for the Ernst and Young building I absolutely hate this location for a building of this size. I get a good view of the building going up while riding home on the #55 Clifton bus and I just can't imagine it being pleasant to look out the window and see the Shoreway bridge and the traffic going by being relatively close to the building.

Too bad Stark didn't get any projects going for what has become a mega parking lot between W. 3rd and W. 6th. The Ernst and Young tower would have been a nice filler between Terminal Tower and the Stokes Federal Courthouse Tower.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 2:57 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ well i agree at this point in time it would be better placed on one of those damn lots, that is water under the bridge. unfortunately, stark did not own any of that property, could never get consensus from those skeezball parking lot owners, and seemingly got no help from the city to build out the warehouse district.

otoh, the wolstein family got plenty of help from the city, owns and controls a lot of the east bank flats and as we see is finally getting it redeveloped, so i say more power to them. don't you agree that if wolstein's team is successful, and they will be, those warehouse district parking lots will go away soon enough? but for now, as someone said above, can't wait to see some glass on this sharp new building!

one more thing that is hard to let go in regard to seeing construction downtown --- mon dieu! what about the convention center redevelopment? relatively speaking, outside of the wtc site that is one of the largest downtown construction projects i have seen. not to mention, keeping the convention center buried underground is quite clever, so bravo cleveland for that!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2012, 6:46 PM

Here's a FEB webcam update. Not too much noticeable progress since some of the last pics were posted.

It does look like the extra long steel pieces on the left of the webcam pic will be the "cut-out" area of the building. If that's the case then we've got another 5-6 levels for the elevator core for it to be topped out!!! Hard to believe that the steel structure will be double what it is now. Looks like this building will have some decent size to it.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 6:57 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Facade installation has begun:

As has the construction of the 8-story aLoft hotel:

General view of the project:

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 8:32 PM

Thanks for the pics MayDay. Glad to see the Aloft Hotel construction get started. It's nice to see more and more of this phase of the project getting built!!!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 8:49 PM

Here's a few pics of the FEB site that I got over the weekend. Think the building is gonna look pretty good as more and more of the windows/facade are installed.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 2:14 PM

Here's a few pics of the construction from the FEB facebook page. They're a couple of weeks old, but still worth posting.

http://www.facebook.com/FlatsEastBank#!/FlatsEastBank

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 6:24 PM

Phase two!!!

finally phase two has been announced!

Flats East Bank project lines up country-music venue, eateries and looks to $120 million phase 2

Michelle Jarboe McFee, The Plain Dealer 4-13-12

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A country-music venue and four restaurants have signed deals at the Flats East Bank, as the developers of the waterfront neighborhood wrap up leasing for the first part of the project and turn their attention to a $120 million second phase.

On West 10th Street, well-known Northeast Ohio restaurateur Ken Stewart has signed a lease to open a steak and seafood restaurant bearing his name. Ken Stewart's will be joined by a Flip Side burger joint, a gourmet taco restaurant called Dos Tequilas and Lago, a popular eatery moving from Tremont to the Flats.

The retail announcements come as construction is well under way on the $275 million first phase of the Flats East Bank, a waterfront neighborhood being developed by the Wolstein Group and Fairmount Properties. An 18-story office building, a 150-room Aloft hotel, a gym and a riverfront boardwalk are slated to open next spring.

And the developers are unveiling their plans for a $120 million second phase, including a 140-unit apartment complex. A rendering of the project shows a building that gently scallops along the riverfront. Phase two also would include restaurants and entertainment, on the ground floor of the apartment building and other areas of the site.

The 23-acre Flats East Bank site has room for hundreds of additional apartments. But the developers, who fought to keep their office-and-hotel plan alive during a brutal recession, are tackling the rest of the project in bite-sized pieces. To make the apartment plan work -- and offer competitive rental rates -- the second phase is sure to involve a combination of public and private financing.
I know the image is quite large, but it really shows great detail (plus Im on an old work computer that isnt cooperating quite well for resizing)

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 7:38 PM

The FEB tower crain jumped today. Here are before and after pics from the FEB webcam. The pics also show that they're already installing the 3rd row of windows/facade.

During the jump.

After the jump.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive