HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 2:16 AM

I heard from a co-worker that the Marks on trinity could be on the move to the Northwest Center close to the new Sportschek? Can someone confirm this..

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I heard from a co-worker that the Marks on trinity could be on the move to the Northwest Center close to the new Sportschek? Can someone confirm this..
I've heard Nothing as of Yet except that the new Sportscheck will be going where Princess Auto once stood so I don't see how Marks would fit there.

Unless there planning on taking up a small sliver of the space...

Does anyone remember of old expansion plans that might have come up Before that building turned from Moncton Mall to Northwest center?

I was informed that Before it was turned into a Strip Mall while it was still an indoor Shopping center they had brought plans in from of city hall to expand the building back into the woods behind it, and make it a massive shopping center. I don't know if it's fact or wishful thinking but if it was planned, and actually brought to city hall could they not do it again? If they did do it i wonder what impact it would have on this city...

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 2:28 PM

Quote:
I've speculated before that Marks would move into the Target space with Canadian Tire. This will likely be the case as 110,000 sq/ft. is too big for just Canadian Tire.

If this does happen, it will be bad news for Wheeler Park. They already have a couple smaller empty store fronts. If The Shoe Company closes when it's parent company opens DSW in Mapleton, that will be 3 store fronts.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I've speculated before that Marks would move into the Target space with Canadian Tire. This will likely be the case as 110,000 sq/ft. is too big for just Canadian Tire.

If this does happen, it will be bad news for Wheeler Park. They already have a couple smaller empty store fronts. If The Shoe Company closes when it's parent company opens DSW in Mapleton, that will be 3 store fronts.
From what I've heard, and seen Canadian Tire would be taking up all Of the Target store if/when they move. They really do want to expand, and I think they will be adding more garage bays, and more departments with more stock. Hopefully more employees too. But I did see a unit or two that seem to be vacating closer to Sobeys so if Marks move it might be there, and I also noticed that there where what seemed to be land surveyors on the Original Mountain Rd. Canadian tire location so I wonder what would be planned there.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 5:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

AFAIK, Canadian Tire is planning on occupying the entire footprint of the old Target store. Canadian Tire's new locations are frequently massive.

Also, Sport Chek is supposed to occupy the entire old Princess Auto location. It will be larger than the Sport Chek at Champlain Place.

I'm not sure what other store fronts you are referring to. There is the Subway and Rogers locations between Sobeys and Marshall's, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going anywhere.

I have heard nothing about Marks Work Warehouse decamping Trinity for the Northwest Centre, but of course that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen......

Interesting to hear that surveyors are about the existing Canadian Tire on Mountain Road. There could indeed be something afoot here. I could see something grocery related, especially with the nearby Co-op closing up shop........

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
From what I've heard, and seen Canadian Tire would be taking up all Of the Target store if/when they move. They really do want to expand, and I think they will be adding more garage bays, and more departments with more stock. Hopefully more employees too. But I did see a unit or two that seem to be vacating closer to Sobeys so if Marks move it might be there, and I also noticed that there where what seemed to be land surveyors on the Original Mountain Rd. Canadian tire location so I wonder what would be planned there.
I have also speculated I once before that petculture would be relocating somewhere smaller, smillar to what they did in Charlottetown. SportChek and Marks could fit in there.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 5:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I have also speculated I once before that petculture would be relocating somewhere smaller, smillar to what they did in Charlottetown. SportChek and Marks could fit in there.
This could be possible, especially with Petculture already having a second (smaller) location on Paul Street. The city seems festooned with pet stores, especially in the northwest end.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 8:43 PM

Quote:
There has been much talk of No Frills up in the Mapleton Drive area....Perhaps they will look at the old Co-op or a part of the Old Canadian Tire?? just speculating but would be cool to see.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 9:11 PM

Is Mapleton Plaza closing or are all the tenants that are there looking to abandon ship... I was talking to some employees in various stores before coming home, and the same thing kept coming up possibly having to find a new location... Is there anything legitimate in that or is it just employees being paranoid because the longest lasting anchor store closed?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Is Mapleton Plaza closing or are all the tenants that are there looking to abandon ship... I was talking to some employees in various stores before coming home, and the same thing kept coming up possibly having to find a new location... Is there anything legitimate in that or is it just employees being paranoid because the longest lasting anchor store closed?
I think stores just would rather be located in a newer, less dumpy looking building in a better, higher traffic location. My prediction is that one of either Dollarama or Giant Tiger move to the old Canadian Tire. Also if I was Dollarama I would strongly look at having just 1 single location located in Wheeler Park. Perhaps if Marks move they could take over that space. This way they have their giant store and it's located in a higher traffic area, and close to Cineplex, to capitalize on selling cheap snacks.

In summary, today's retail predictions:
1. Old Canadian Tire becames Giant Tiger, maybe Dollarama if they stay with two locations
2. Petculture could assume the remaining part of old Canadian Tire (3000-5000 sq/ft. store.
3. SportChek & Marks are located next to Sobeys in Northwest Centre
4. Dollarama fills old Marks location, or another vacant wheeler park space, if the move to one single northwest location.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 12:05 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
I think stores just would rather be located in a newer, less dumpy looking building in a better, higher traffic location. My prediction is that one of either Dollarama or Giant Tiger move to the old Canadian Tire. Also if I was Dollarama I would strongly look at having just 1 single location located in Wheeler Park. Perhaps if Marks move they could take over that space. This way they have their giant store and it's located in a higher traffic area, and close to Cineplex, to capitalize on selling cheap snacks.

In summary, today's retail predictions:
1. Old Canadian Tire becames Giant Tiger, maybe Dollarama if they stay with two locations
2. Petculture could assume the remaining part of old Canadian Tire (3000-5000 sq/ft. store.
3. SportChek & Marks are located next to Sobeys in Northwest Centre
4. Dollarama fills old Marks location, or another vacant wheeler park space, if the move to one single northwest location.
I don't think it could be totally unreasonable for marks to assume part of the canadian tire store when they move to the old target location, that is pretty big for just a canadian tire if you ask me.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
I don't think it could be totally unreasonable for marks to assume part of the canadian tire store when they move to the old target location, that is pretty big for just a canadian tire if you ask me.
Canadian Tire is growing there brand, and in such what is available one store dubbed the largest in Canada in Edmonton Alberta is said to be 140,000 square feet on 2 levels.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 7:28 PM

My father was speaking with a lady working at the Medicine Shoppe and she said they were staying at their Mapleton location and that Giant Tiger was taking at least part of the Co-op store.

I hope that happens. Would be nice to have a bigger GT.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 2:42 AM

But the retail landscape has been forever changing in Moncton in the last 20 years. But I wish we had more male oriented fashion shops in the area.

And does anyone have a rough idea of how many folks applied at Bass Pro Shops and are they on target for a September/October opening.

Also in Champlain Place news did I hear right that Cadillac Fairview bought the land and building that Sears is in?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 3:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colouratura View Post
My father was speaking with a lady working at the Medicine Shoppe and she said they were staying at their Mapleton location and that Giant Tiger was taking at least part of the Co-op store.

I hope that happens. Would be nice to have a bigger GT.
Good news about the Medicine Shoppe. I also tend to believe that Giant Tiger will stay put, but with an expansion into the old Co-op space. If Dollarama and Global Gym stay put, then the Mapleton Plaza will remain mostly full. I just wish the owners would renovate the plaza somewhat. It looks positively dowdy compared to the retail competition further on out Mapleton Road......

My prediction for the (soon to be) old Canadian Tire store across Mountain Road from the Mapleton Plaza is that it will become a No Frills grocery store, and this will serve as a sort of replacement for the old Co-op.

This retail intersection will live on but in a slightly different guise.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Good news about the Medicine Shoppe. I also tend to believe that Giant Tiger will stay put, but with an expansion into the old Co-op space. If Dollarama and Global Gym stay put, then the Mapleton Plaza will remain mostly full. I just wish the owners would renovate the plaza somewhat. It looks positively dowdy compared to the retail competition further on out Mapleton Road......

My prediction for the (soon to be) old Canadian Tire store across Mountain Road from the Mapleton Plaza is that it will become a No Frills grocery store, and this will serve as a sort of replacement for the old Co-op.

This retail intersection will live on but in a slightly different guise.
We might find out the Fate of the "old Canadian Tire" Sooner rather then later I seen a few Employees at the old Target Yesterday It was hard to see the ones inside because of the papers covering the glass in the doors but with the ones outside it looked like they where measuring out for 2 sets of doors possibly, and they where looking at the side where the mechanics bays would possibly be set to go. Hope the renovating is starting soon if they have not started yet... There where also a few suits at the old Princess Auto store so that might be seeing a sign soon to tell us what is going there...

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 11:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The old Princess Auto location at the Northwest Centre will definitely be greater Moncton's second Sport Chek. It's already been announced.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 1:10 PM
real estate blogger

Quote:
Also in Champlain Place news did I hear right that Cadillac Fairview bought the land and building that Sears is in?
Yes, the transfer was registered in January.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The old Princess Auto location at the Northwest Centre will definitely be greater Moncton's second Sport Chek. It's already been announced.

Considering the lack of a sign one has to wonder why it would have been announced but no signage is in the windows to state it...

Also I heard from someone that Marks would not be taking any part of the New Canadian Tire location, and that in fact Canadian Tires proposal for certain old Target Locations where for the entire building, and not part of... So this will be a big store, with more garage bays 5 or 6 if I'm not mistaken hopefully they will start work soon, and will be hiring employees... As for No Frill at the "old" Canadian Tire location since Super Store owns No Frills I don't see it happening with there Trinity Drive location "so close". But have asked a friend of mine to keep an eye on it, and an ear to the ground...

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 12:29 PM

Since Canadian Tire owns SportChek and Marks, it wouldn't surprise me to see them have all 3 stores in the same property. I'm still betting on pet culture leaving as they have been making their stores smaller since the name change from Pets Unlimited.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces